Thread
Printable Version

Reaper Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #2 dognxtdoor's post

yeah that's neato. the premise to the show really turned me off. selling one's soul to the devil is just not my thing but when my husband (a roman catholic theologian, btw) said it was amusing i tuned in. it is obviously from kevin smith's hand and although a little less intelligent than, say dogma, (really, he totally blew off the free will argument in the first episode, which is quite revealing as to how they're going to end this show) it still has a nice hopeful feel unlike, say torchwood, which is beating you over the head almost every episode with how "there is nothing else out there".

we're going to watch another episode. and where should we look for you, little dog, when we rent chasing amy?

[ Last edited by  sddvasquez at 10-22-2007 01:11 ]
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

we've watched all the episodes and they were rather amusing. ben is our favorite (gotta love the latino power!) although we think ted’s micromanagement is absolutely hilarious. ben provides some necessary balance on the ridiculousness of the whole “deal with the devil” concept.

and wasn’t that a creepy little growly dog? speaking of dogs, we still haven’t gotten to see chasing amy yet

we're racing to the finish!
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Thread