Thread
Printable Version

Private Practice Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Private Practice Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

This isn't as good as greys anatomy however the it not half bad if your expecting this show to as good as grey's anatomy you are going to be disaapointed however if you love addison getting herself into amusing situation than this show is for you. the love interest in this show are much more boring than grey's anatomy but i think this show trying to be taken seriously.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 04:44 ]

I just watched the first two episode and while I am not hooked I will be watching the following episodes. I think that the thing that most attracted me to this show is the relationship between Sam and Naomi Bennett and how they are coping with their divorce not Addison herself.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Reply #2 01torres's post

Sam and Naomi Bennett -yes i can't believe they replaced actress that play's naomi i like old actress that played in grey's anatomy episode not this one

Their relationship is definatly interesting.

The show always got described by Shonda Rhimes as "lighter and not as dramatic as Grey's". I found that the cases were pretty dramatic actually. The babies being switched (and the reason behind it) , the girls turning blue, the woman that bled whenever she was angry, etc. I just find that the show isn't as funny and lighthearted as the show's creators claim it to be. But whatever, I like it. Not as much as Grey's though. I don't care as much about the characters in PP as I do for the characters in GA. But overall, it's a good show.

I didn't have high hopes for this show, only because spin-offs don't usually turn out as planned, but after watching the first few episodes I like it.  I still get the characters mixed up though, especially Pete and Cooper.  For some reason I just can't remeber who's who.

PP

I don't exactly like it, and it is a LOT different from grey's anatomy. a little more mature. regardless, i think it's pretty boring.

don't expect PP to be like GA... that's what i tell my friends... the humor is different here... it's still a good show though... i just hope that Dr. Charlotte King would eventually stop saying that she's the chief of St. Ambrose in one of her lines in every episode... like we don't know that already...

Well im a huge greys fan and  not in to spin off but i have to says its not half bad and gets better with each one so defo worth a watch

I am a loyal Grey's Anatomy fan and I tuned into Private Practice this fall and was not that disappointed. It truly is not the same and neither is Addison. I totally agree with the cases being much more dramatic. In Grey's Anatomy a couple weeks ago, they had the chainsaw pumpkin contest and the injury was just...oh! I forgot. Oh well. Anyways, the cases do tend to be more darker and every week (every one I've seen) has a teenager case (or tween). From Maya coming to Addison about having an STD (a lie...) to a 10 year old gay kid to a 13 year old being abused. It is not the same with the characters as it is with Grey's Anatomy, but Shonda Rhimes did create something that's enjoyable to watch every week.

Addison really grew on me over her time at Grey's and I liked her enough to follow her to her new show and I must say that grew on me too. At first it was a bit too cheesy with Dell and the surfboard reminding me of a Coke spot on tv. But it isn't as lighthearted comedy like as I feared it could be. So in the end I stayed and watched every episode and I must say I like it. Not as much as Grey's but I like it.

I watched 6 episodes today (we are in the midst of a huge snow storm).  I so enjoy this show.  I find the story lines moving without being soppy.  The characters feel real.  I will add this series to my must watch list.  Believe it or not I have not watched any Grey's.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

Reply 11#11 munch's post

If you like PP, you should definitaley check out Greys!  After all the originals are usually better than the spin offs.

Reply 12#12 imarielle626's post

Wow, am I ever out of it.  I did not realize PP was a Grey's spinoff
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

I like Private Practice it's gradually growing on me....But i have to say I don't like the whole Addison and Pete relationship. I find Pete irratating.

Does anyone know what's happening with this show?

Reply 15#15 bala's post

Have a look at this message board about PP and the writers' strike:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/priv ... 5220&tid=192703

Season two discussion

I was so glad to see that the episode got posted today- I was waiting sooooo long for the show to be back. ANd a really interesting start. I think the show grew up a bit and it was really intense. I enjoyed it immensely.

I start to watch the show last night but fell asleep. I am going to watch it on the sight now.

But I have to agree it did have a great start and I can't wait to see how it ends.

I have now watched the whole thing and have to say. I was a great ending! They all now know where everyone stands and how the practice is doing.

I hope that there will not be too many hard feelings between Addison and Naomi.

[ Last edited by carlorica at 10-2-2008 12:41 ]

episode 1

wow that was an intense episode and addison had tough choice i really do hope baby survive but talk about ethics, it was a good start to the season i can't wait to see next episode

The show definitely took a step up and had 2 very intriguing cases. The thing going on between Cooper and Charlotte is very annoying and it may be just as annoying as George/Izzie. Charlotte is just a really weird character...if they developed her a little then I might begin to enjoy the character but right now, she's weighing the show down. Violet's doing the best she can...the monkey thing was funny. YouTube's not working for me and I don't have much time to go to TV.com right now, but what's this week's episode going to be about? I know from reading TV Guide that the main focus is on the financial woes of the practice. Any really good cases? Break ups? Rhimes stated that this season is primarily focused on the cases...although, last season was definitely not skimpy on the cases that the practice had. Maybe there won't be as many relationships this season... we're talking about Addison here.

Thread