Thread
Printable Version

Private Practice Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

me too......... must look for promos!

I'm starting to like this show more than Grey's.  PP focuses more on adult realistic problems within the practice and the patients and in the lives of the characters as opposed to the teenaged relationship drama. The characters are actually acting their age!  I really enjoy the ethical issues brought up and seeing how each affects the characters.  Like with Sam dealing with the kid who was just a month shy of 18 and his father and the practice going into bankruptcy.

Reply 26#26 imarielle626's post

yeah i'm getting to the same conclusion

Yes, the show has come a long way from the women fawning over Dell going surfing just like in a coke ad. The cases are something that does stay with you once you've seen the episode and you often wonder what you'd do in that situation. And they are more grown up there. So in a way Addie moved on from the drama at Seattle Grace. I must also say that now that I rewatched the entire first season on DVD over one weekend there were some really intense scenes in the first season too.

Reply 28#28 Teachergirl's post

question is how well is it doing on ratings?

I don't know since I am not in the US- but I know the schedule and it has serious competition. Plus, the way the ratings for Grey's Anatomy developed.....

I totally agrexe! As of now, I prefer Private Practice over Grey's Anatomy regarding both the character storylines and the patients' storylines! The incest thing was intense and the story with the dad and the teen was so sad..

Reply 31#31 angel17halo's post

that guy was so desperate he married his sister so that he will never be alone without telling her

I was really surprised about that turn of events- I did not see that one coming. And I can understand why she is so very mad. He was quite desperate. Sad really.

Reply 33#33 Teachergirl's post

yes i was surprised to and to think if those doctor didn't dig deeper she would of never known

I just got caught up on these first 2 episodes and agree with your comments - I think this season has much more substance and I'm enjoying it so far more than Grey's.

So, question then, why do you think it was easier for Naomi to forgive Sam than with Addison? Was it, um, hormonally linked??

why do you think it was easier for Naomi to forgive Sam than with Addison?

She hasn't forgive him she just realise that she doesn't want to be alone anymore

Reply 36#36 bala's post

Good point bala.

I think that she can understand that Sam had to make the move to save the practice. But Addison was told in confidence and she broke Naomis trust and that is probably more a betrayal because Naomi told Addie to keep quiet about it.

Another great episode

Ok, the first season? I liked the show but I wasn't completely sold yet. THis season? Definitely. They managed to take the show one step further and do a great job. I really enjoyed today's episode. There was the comical Addie moment at the beginning- I guess I was not the only one who just KNEW that when she cranked up the speed, she'd end tumbling off it eventually.
Seeing all their various coping mechanisms in times of crisis were interesting. They all grew up in a way. Naomi got over the hate sex and started dealing with the situation and putting Sam in his place. Sam turning into control freak because he feels he needs to save them all. Addie hiding in the OR but losing touch with real life. Cooper getting over the kid with the big head issue and I believe he and Charlotte might not be the worst couple ever. Dell finally returning and being more than the sweet office dude.
And the patients who cope in desperate situations- that firefighter and the kid- wow. They have come up with seriously cool cases this season and they have the tendency to make you think about them long after the episode is over.
And last but not least- the music. I like it lots. When Aimee Mann's Little Tornado came on- I love that song. They always find really good background music (also on Grey's) that makes me scribble down lyrics, google them and then buy new albums. Like Brandi Carlisle's Turpentine in one of Addie's elevator scenes in that crossover episode.
Speaking of which- the only disappointment is that the talking elevator got axed after that first crossover episode. I loved that. I want more elevator scenes in PP too! Like that classic one in GA when Derek had ALL his women with him and Mark got in. But that is more or less my own complaint about the show at the moment.

Reply 40#40 Teachergirl's post

there disguise it from greys and they done a great job

Interview link

Another great episode-i feel sorry for the young woman being forced to get married even through she has a boyfriend her parent doesn't approve but operation was unnecessary

PS: i saw addison vote coming a mile away

[ Last edited by bala at 10-30-2008 16:03 ]

Definitely a great episode. Lots of food for thought again and I am sorry that girl went through with the surgery. I kept hoping she'd change her mind at the last minute.
Cooper and the little boy- good for him to still try and it made him take his relationship to Charlotte a step further. (I hardly reckognized her in the domina outfit!)
And now Addison is the new chief. Interesting. SO if they all voted for her.... then Naomi must have voted for Sam and he for Naomi! Otherwise the votes don't add up! I think it might be a good idea too. It gives the two a chance to maybe sort out their private life seperate from the professional turmoil.

Thread