Thread
Printable Version

Private Practice Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well, just caught up with the most recent episode and I was more or less "meh" about it. A bit too much of the relationship stuff. So I am really holding out for the crossover.....

Private Practice 2x15

Well another great drama episode it was sad that parent dump their child with the doctor with no regard, Violet tell both men she's pregant which is good news so they know. Addison needs to save her brother i wonder if Derek is going to able to save him.

Reply 106#106 bala's post

I thought this episode was ok - a little too much filler for me, I would've preferred they just deal with the Archer situation immediately instead of having to wait till next week.

However, I did like that Violet finally told both guys. And that poor, poor little girl whose parents abandoned her - and MEAN MEAN Charlotte who had absolutely no heart for a suffering Cooper! I half am hoping Cooper and Violet just get together and that'll be the end of Charlotte. I really liked Charlotte and Coop together before but she's just always so extreme!

Same here, it was ok but I expected more of the Archer situation. But good for Violet that she finally told the guys.
As for that poor little girl- wow. I truly hope that does not happen too often in real life.

Episode 16 Ex-Life

Nice follow on from Grey's Anatomy but a strange ending will have to wait to next week to see why the woman was not making any sense

Reply 109#109 codebreaker's post

Yeah but anyone who watch medical drama will know what was wrong with her i don't know name but when Derek nic the antuism it created complication in her brain-that side -effect from that mistake.

Reply 110#110 bala's post

Didn't she insist he did the operation today when he was tiered after doing the other operation

Reply 111#111 codebreaker's post

Yeah your right but i just post promo for next one in other topic so that people don't press it by accident

Private Practice 2x16(2)

Welcome to part 2 of my review- part 1 was on greys anatomy topic .

So Sam asthma was great side-line and anyone who watched both episode, when Sam handed his inhaler to Bailey in grey's he didn't tell her that he required specific type of inhaler so techincally it was his fault but i still think he has feeling for Naomi

The mother with post-partner depression that must be hard and it was great story-line and i think the actress did a good job doing that role justice i don't know who she is as i never seen in other tv shows. I'm glad she managed to get her baby back.

Cooper ,Violet and Charlotte are interesting dynamic but i can understand where Charlotte is coming from. any woman would have a problem with a man moving in with his best friend-she right she should be his best friend not her. it's a hard decision for Cooper. is Violet being selfish?.

Addison find out changes i love it when she asked Derek whether his mother hated her and i love how there inter act with each other in this episode it nice them back together argue like a couple it really shows a different side to him.

I can understand why pete is angry at violet i mean how would anyone feel about the situation-he could be the father but she has made decision for him i hope she changes her mind let him be a part of baby life if he is the father. i think he wants a kid secretly     

Reply 108#108 Teachergirl's post

It unfortunately happens that children are abandoned by there parents but not in this way.  To just walk away because of some bills and move in with a relative to get a fresh start.  It doesn't work that way.  Child abandonment is a crime.  The parents will be carted off to jail and they will be held accountable financially anyways.  Where is the "fresh start" in that.  There isn't a policy of "no fault" parenting in place.  The whole story makes me sick.  The thought of a healthy child being abandoned because of some bills is disgusting.

Reply 110#110 bala's post

The word you are looking for is aphasia.  The type she has, where she substitutes words is usualy an example of something called Brockas Aphasia.

Reply 115#115 cshapiro's post

Thank you it's great have a doctor as a moderator

[ Last edited by bala at 2-15-2009 12:42 ]

As much as I think Charlotte is a crazy person, I think this time she is correct.  The relationship Cooper has with Violet, is intimate and it is inappropriate to have an intimate relationship with a woman when you are married or in a committed relationship with someone else.  It doesn't matter that it isn't sexual.  Even if it was just over the internet, it still wouldn't be right.  When you are married(etc..)all your intimacy is for that person, not just the physical intimacy.  If Cooper wants to commit to her then the nature of his relationship with Violet has to change.  It is a basic fact of relationships.  You are either together 100% or don't bother.

Reply 117#117 cshapiro's post

I agree Cooper is at fault with his relationship with Charolette.  I was really liking him with Charolette!  But there is no way they can be in a relationship as long as he is living with and playing surrogate father for Violet.  I'd love to see Coop and Charolette back together, but right now I think Violet might actually need him more.  Idealy the baby is Pete's he takes over playing daddy and Cooper and Charolette get married happily ever after...haha like that will ever happen!  No one like a happily ever after like that in TV unless it is the last episode of the last season of the series

how do you choose a baby gender?

Private Practice 2x18

Saying another name while making love - i wonder how guys have done that?-it seem common problem for guys. . wow this first one lasted 3 month in episode.

Oh Addison, please please please please do not let that Noah guy get to you. I did not see that twist coming.

Surprisingly, I like the friendship between Charlotte and Violet.

Reply 121#121 funny-girl101's post

history is going to repeat itself with her

Private Practice 2x21

Wow another great episode teacher having an affair with a student, a brother might killed his brother for a women who he's might be love with and Naomi get a job offer.  All in all a great instalment

Private Practice 2x22

now that what i call a clif-hanger

Thread