Thread
Printable Version

Private Practice Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I know!!. This is just the way to get us to see what happens next season (If there is another season)

[ Last edited by carlorica at 5-1-2009 10:55 ]

Reply 125#125 carlorica's post

Well cooper was so close

I hope there is another season of Private Practice. I'm finally getting in to the show!

What a bunch of idiots these people have turned out to be.  What type of man hits on another woman while his wife is laid up in bed carrying his baby and what type of woman would fall for such a dirt bag while listening to his wife tell how much she loves and needs her husband.  Naomi goes to a practice dedicated to running the practice she built up into the ground.  Violet strings two men along for 9 months without the decency to take a simple test to find out who the father is.  Cooper is having an intimate relationship with Vi while sleeping with Charlotte and even Dell has to go to pieces when he couldn't find his daughter.  At least the crazy woman cutting into Violet is actually crazy and has an excuse.

Reply 128#128 cshapiro's post

You do know this show aimed for women who watch soaps

Reply 128#128 cshapiro's post

Hear, hear! I couldn't believe how STUPID they all have been acting!!! LOL that at least the crazy woman has an excuse.

bala, I do believe you watch this show too, so that qualifies you as a woman who likes to watch soaps eh?!

Reply 130#130 studiojek's post

i'm a amateur tv reviewer so i kind of have to watch the show

i watch all us shows no matter what they are

Reply 131#131 bala's post

Ahh, ok, good excuse

Reply 132#132 studiojek's post

yeah god help any women who get in the way

Reply 130#130 studiojek's post

One thing I forgot to comment on was the magic drug you can buy on the internet that paralyzes a person from the chest down and works instantly.  It's amazing what they can do nowadays.  I wonder what other miracle drugs are available on the internet that you can't get anywhere else.  Instant weight loss?  The cure to baldness?  The cure to crazy plots?  She should have just gotten a magic drug to put the baby back in her stomach.

Reply 134#134 cshapiro's post

Yeah the drugs do make it a little funny. But then again I am not a medical person.

Reply 134#134 cshapiro's post

Yes, really. Lucky for her such things exist right? P-leeeease!

Reply 136#136 studiojek's post

well we need remember this is tv show

Reply 137#137 bala's post

I certainly do bala, but that doesn't mean I can't get a good laugh at just how ridiculous they can be sometimes!

Reply 138#138 studiojek's post

I suppose so but i actually believe it-can you believe how gullible i was

I just watched episode 2 X22.  I hate when they have a cliff hanger like that.  Now we have to wait until Season # 3 to see what happens.  
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Private Practice Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers)

How did US fans respond to season two?
"I don't look on boards and stuff because I think it's dangerous, but Shonda [Rhimes, exec producer] said people have responded in a positive way. One of my charities is planned parenthood, so I'm excited that on national television we have been able to talk about some of those issues. Shonda has a way of bringing things in in sort of a sideways way, either with humour or character."

What can we expect from the third season?
"There is a big season finale of season two and a lot happens so we have to resolve that next season. Beyond the dating stuff, one of the funnest relationships I have is that Grant Show comes on and plays my brother. That was really fun. And just to see Addison play a little sister to someone was really fun. I always thought Grant was super hot! He's also really funny - the world doesn't know how funny he is."

I hear that Addison's going to get involved with a married man...
"I know! It's funny when you read it, you're like, 'I object!' and then you realise it's not you, it's the character. I try to play the line and the vulnerability. It's what makes the characters characters and it's not for me to judge."

Could you ever see her reuniting with Derek?
"I don't think so. Who knows, because anything is possible in TV land - and in life! I thought one of the interesting dynamics of the crossover with Grey's was that with Derek and myself, it was nostalgic. There's the chemistry of having known someone for 15 or 20 years - it's like family now and I like that. There's an intimacy there."

Can we expect more crossovers with Grey's?
"I don't know. I wouldn't rule it out. It was really fun for me, personally, and I think the audience responded really well to it. I can't always be objective but I watched the three crossover episodes and I think it was a really strong arc. There are some great moments. All these little secrets come out, like my brother did some terrible things. It wasn't just a crossover for the sake of doing one. I think if it's relevant with the story again, I wouldn't rule it out."

What do you think are the main differences between the shows?
"Grey's is more surgical, with interns who are going through their residency, and [Private Practice] is more grown up. It's doctors at the height of their career, or if not, they're established in their speciality. The relationships are still there between the doctors, but it centres more around the ethics in the cases. In season two, I think you really see it. The show comes into its own and opens up."

[ Last edited by bala at 10-2-2009 17:04 ]

So is this an interview with Kate Walsh?  Where is it from?  I'm confused! haha

I feel you Penny... I hate cliffhangers like that!  We do have a little quiz / spoiler about it going on right now though!

A death in the Family

Well this was a great emotional episode with violet and her life on the line addison having save both of them I'm little confused did the baby die because at end violet was holding the baby. This great season opener i really enjoyed it.

Thread