Thread
Printable Version

Private Practice Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I am a loyal Grey's Anatomy fan and I tuned into Private Practice this fall and was not that disappointed. It truly is not the same and neither is Addison. I totally agree with the cases being much more dramatic. In Grey's Anatomy a couple weeks ago, they had the chainsaw pumpkin contest and the injury was just...oh! I forgot. Oh well. Anyways, the cases do tend to be more darker and every week (every one I've seen) has a teenager case (or tween). From Maya coming to Addison about having an STD (a lie...) to a 10 year old gay kid to a 13 year old being abused. It is not the same with the characters as it is with Grey's Anatomy, but Shonda Rhimes did create something that's enjoyable to watch every week.

The show definitely took a step up and had 2 very intriguing cases. The thing going on between Cooper and Charlotte is very annoying and it may be just as annoying as George/Izzie. Charlotte is just a really weird character...if they developed her a little then I might begin to enjoy the character but right now, she's weighing the show down. Violet's doing the best she can...the monkey thing was funny. YouTube's not working for me and I don't have much time to go to TV.com right now, but what's this week's episode going to be about? I know from reading TV Guide that the main focus is on the financial woes of the practice. Any really good cases? Break ups? Rhimes stated that this season is primarily focused on the cases...although, last season was definitely not skimpy on the cases that the practice had. Maybe there won't be as many relationships this season... we're talking about Addison here.

Thread