Thread
Printable Version

Private Practice Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I didn't have high hopes for this show, only because spin-offs don't usually turn out as planned, but after watching the first few episodes I like it.  I still get the characters mixed up though, especially Pete and Cooper.  For some reason I just can't remeber who's who.

Reply 11#11 munch's post

If you like PP, you should definitaley check out Greys!  After all the originals are usually better than the spin offs.

Great episode to start off the season!  I do hope Dell comes back though, his character was always great for that comic relief sometimes needed with the intensity of some of those cases that come through the doors of the practice!

I like charlotte and cooper too, but if the relationship doesn't go somewhere soon, it will start to get repetative and boring!  But after Charolette showing up at cooper's door it does show she has feelings for him so maybe they will actually be able to work as a couple.  I'm really curious to see Violet's reaction to the relationship though.  She now sort of knows that Charolette is Cooper's excuse for not going on the vacation cuz of the whole monkey's thing so the relationship is bound to come out soon!

It was a very interesting case too in the episode.  It's nice to see the show focus on the drama in relation to the cases and the ethics of medicine as well as the lives of the character.  It makes it seem more real!  How do you not tell your kid that he is HIV positive though?  That's just wrong!

I'm starting to like this show more than Grey's.  PP focuses more on adult realistic problems within the practice and the patients and in the lives of the characters as opposed to the teenaged relationship drama. The characters are actually acting their age!  I really enjoy the ethical issues brought up and seeing how each affects the characters.  Like with Sam dealing with the kid who was just a month shy of 18 and his father and the practice going into bankruptcy.

I agree...another great episode!  Violet's "stop sleeping with skanks" line that Charolette over heard was priceless and hilarious!

Wow Violet was raped...I never saw that coming!  I can't believe her friend still destroyed the record...i guess politicians will always be like that though.  It was weird seeing the actress on a doctor show where she wasn't the doctor though lol (she was on ER for those who were wondering)

I wonder what Charolette is up to with the office space.  Does the practice have some competition now?  She wouldn't do that to Cooper though would she?

i'm glad the case worked out the way it did.  That girl just wanted the baby for selfish reasons.  THere are much better ways to spend her last year with those who love her!

What an emotional episode...or was it just me being really really tired?

anyway...I was liking Coop and Charolette, but he did do the right thing!  I wonder if she will step up know.  It is obvious she really cares for him, it's just hard for her cuz she is the type of person who always needs to be in charge and doesn't really do relationships.  

Addison and SWAT guy (is his name Kevin?  I still think of him as Christopher lol) are so good together.  I'm glad she kicked her brother out of the house, and I hope they go back to how they were before he intruded on their lives!  I was thinking the same thing about Derek when her brother made that comment about dating someone more like her.  (My though was along the lines of well she was married to a world class neuro-surgeon and ended up cheating on him with a double board certifited ENT and Plastics surgeon, so maybe this SWAT guy is just what she needs for a change! )

Reply 72#72 bala's post

PP really is doing a great job keeping their episodes up!  I'm not going to start the abortion discussion either, but I can see why it would bother Naomi so much.  After all she did start the practice to help couples who can't conceive on their own so watching women kill a potential life that many of her patients would do anything to call their own has got to be frustrating.  But it is not her practice anymore, so it is Addison's call as to whether or not Meg can use Oceanside Wellness Center to perform abortions.

I knew Charolette loved Cooper!  It's only a matter of time now until they are back together.  Coop definately changed her!  Just look at her senstivity now with that guy and his comotose (not)-wife and the baby!

Woah that was an unexpected ending!

So I think Violet's baby's daddy is going to be Pete.  Just a feeling I have.

Does anyone else think it is weird that all of Oceanside docs are dating the other private practice doctors?  One thing I liked about PP over Grey's was that it concentrated less on the drama of whose sleeping with whom and more on the doctor patient drama.  Now it is becoming more and more about the sex.  I hope PP doesn't dig itself in a whole like Grey's did!  I really enjoyed the dynamic of this show but this past episode I felt was lacking in that dynamic!

Reply 117#117 cshapiro's post

I agree Cooper is at fault with his relationship with Charolette.  I was really liking him with Charolette!  But there is no way they can be in a relationship as long as he is living with and playing surrogate father for Violet.  I'd love to see Coop and Charolette back together, but right now I think Violet might actually need him more.  Idealy the baby is Pete's he takes over playing daddy and Cooper and Charolette get married happily ever after...haha like that will ever happen!  No one like a happily ever after like that in TV unless it is the last episode of the last season of the series

Thread