Thread
Printable Version

Numb3rs Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 12-Power

So this episode just confirmed my suspicions about Charlie and Amida's living situations.  I guess when Charlie asked Amida to move in it was an open ended question with no actual time set in mind.

As for the rape cases, it is hard to believe that someone you think you can trust (a cop, or any law enforcement officer for that matter) can actually be the person you should trust the least.  Since every case in the shows is based on actual FBI cases, something like this must have happened.  I guess it teaches you to always have your guard up, even for an officer of the law!

I felt bad for Megan.  She obviously had a really hard time dealing with the case because of her old college roommate.  It seems that they always throw the emotional stuff in her direction.  It was nice to see Larry "come to the rescue" when she called him.  It was also nice to see Colby in that police uniform

Reply 21#21 imarielle626's post

I watched it last night, and it was a tough one.  What an awful scenario.  Like you said, it's important to always have your guard up...too bad.

Charlie & Amita are funny.  He's still running game theory to see if their living together, with Alan in the house, is a good idea, and it seems like she feels he's not quite ready for it.  I'm not sure if she means them living together, or having his Dad move out.  I really like how supportive they are of one another in both their personal and professional life.  He is so pleased for her and proud that Larry would ask her to collaborate on his project, and she worried that he would be hurt for not being asked.  Very sweet!

As for the actual case, I felt bad for Megan.  It must be tough to be a woman in that kind of job because, in general, we are more emotional creatures.  That case hit a little close to home for her, but it was nice to see her lean on Larry...and have the courage to ask for help in the first place.  Not always easy to do, especially for someone with that type of job.

The end was funny, with Alan waking Don up on his day to sleep in.  I think he's going to get his own place soon.  Last week, he was upset that Charlie was making improvements to the house, and now it seems he feels like there isn't enough space for the 2 of them.  I think it would be good for both of them.  Charlie would grow up a bit more, and Alan would have more of his own life.  He's already gone back to school.  I think he's ready for a change, and you KNOW Don won't let him move in with him.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

4x15 - End Game

I just got to watch this week's episode - thankfully I taped it, so it was easier on my eyes. It was another good one!

I'm too tired to talk about it now, but really liked the song that ended the show. Here it is, in case anyone else liked it too:

The song is Rise by Will Dailey.

episode 4x17

This was an amazing episode - we finally got to meet Amedia's parents    and OGM they tried to set her up at the same dinner as meeting Charlie.  i felt sooooo bad for him, and she didn't even notice    
I'm so sad about megan - i can already tell their getting ready for her to leave the show    i wonder who they will get to replace her on the team?

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 24#24 kwargalla's post

I felt so bad for Charlie too when Amita's parents invited that other guy to dinner.  It was amusing that Amita didn't give it a second thought because she knew the guy was gay - but no one else did.   I liked how Alan told Charlie that now that Amita's parents have met and approved of Charlie, he'll have to marry her.  Charlie looked like a deer in the headlights.

As for Megan, Diane Farr is pregnant with twins, and she just had a baby about a year or so ago, so I'm not that surprised that she's leaving.  I'm bummed too.  I think they'll have to bring in someone else,as she fills a unique role on the team.

Episode 4x18 -  When Worlds Collide  

I just watched the season finale and WOW!  I did not expect things to go down like they did.

As has been speculated, Megan resigned.  But Larry implied that their relationship would not be over, so we may see her now & then next season.

I'm really intrigued about how next season will go since the way this episode ended left things very much up in the air.  Don and Charlie's relationship will no doubt have a different dynamic - hopefully in a good way.  I also hope that Don & Robin will stay together and have their relationship fleshed out a bit next season.  He seems ready for it now, and it would be nice for him to have more of a life outside of work.

Reply 25#25 waterlilybarb's post

Barb i totally agree with you - i was not thinking the episode would end like that, let alone the season.  I almost had to double check that the show had been picked up for another season.  I wonder how Charlie will get his clearance back?!?!? cause larry was right he won't ever be able to do all his work for the college let alone work for the FBI.  I can see it will take a bit for Don to understand why charlie did it but hopefully he'll get over it quick enough.  

This episode was the first time i really noticed the hiding of the belly.  twins - congrads to Diane but i'm really gonna miss Megan's character.  for some reason i think there must have been something going on between Rob Morrow and Diane Farr cause over the last couple episodes we really haven't seen them together. and he didn't even have a goodvye seen with her.  i found this very odd.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 26#26 kwargalla's post

I noticed the belly last week and googled Diane Farr.  I don't think there's a problem between the actors, I just think with all that was happening in the story there wasn't room for a goodbye between them.  Plus, we know how bad Don (the character) is with big changes like that, so it's possible they'll tie some of that into next season.

I'm figuring it won't take to long next season for Charlie to get his clearance back, unless they hire Amita to take his place.  There are some things that only he can do, so maybe the FBI will need his expertise so much they'll give him clearance again - maybe not as high as before, but enough for him to carry on his work.  If not, maybe we'll see him and Amita planning their wedding - though, for that show, that would be pretty boring (as much as I love a happy couple).

Reply 26#26 kwargalla's post

I think that in the first ep of the new season we will see Don struggling without Charlie.  We have a side story of Charlie defending himself, maybe it will take the episode for Don to change his opinion and come to help Charlie clear his name, clearing Charlie's collegue at the same time.  
It seemed that the show almost planned for it not to be renewed (which I am glad it has been) and had an ending that wouldn't dissappoint its fans.

Wow just watched the season finale...can't believe it!  It was sad to see Megan go.  I always did love her character.  It was nice to have the female dynamic in a group full of men.  I do hope we will see her again from time to time as her and Larry seem to be staying together.

I admire Charlie for what he did.  After all he did what he believed was the right thing to do knowing the consequences.  I am curious to see how next season will play out without his ability to consult with the FBI.  The show wouldn't be the same without Charlie's mathematics helping out the FBI.  I do hope he is given his security clearance back soon.  Although from my understanding, it isn't Don and the FBI that gave him the clearance to begin with, it was the NSA so it will not be easy to get back.  Don and Charlie's relationship had been growing so well over the last few seasons, I hope they can reconcile and go back to working so well together!

I'm excited to see more of Charlie and Amita.  I've been saying this for a long time now...I smell a wedding coming on =)  I wonder how the proposal will go down

I'm glad they have renewed the show for a fifth season it would not be good to have been left with an ending like this!

Full season discussion

This season has been very interesting, I'm glad Corby wasn't a bad guy i had faith he would be alright but i'm glad to see how it all worked out, i was disappointed there were only 18 episodes but i like Larry back from NASA i really like him.

Don girlfriends seem to be a juggling act i mean two this season way he moved from each other is interesting and it seem Epps family doesn't much luck with love, i was hoping Charlie might propose to Amina but still no luck..  

i love the episode with Charlie taking some practice FBI training love it with shooting gallery where he got the highest score.

After a while the violence does get to you , some of episodes were good but they were some boring episodes. While i was happy about change toward this in season 3 but in Season 4 they pushed it up by putting Charlie in direct danger .

Where can they go in season 5?   

Reply 30#30 bala's post

Well, Charlie has had  his security clearance revoked, which not only affects his work with the FBI but much of what he works on, since he was also a consultant for the NSA.  

As for Charlie & Amita, they are getting closer all the time.  Maybe this change in his work life will give them an opportunity to grow closer.  Either that, or they'll realize Charlie identifies himself too much by his job and it will cause problems.  

Megan has left the show, so I imagine we'll have someone new next season.

Also, 18 episodes was pretty good,considering there was the writer's strike.

Reply 31#31 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks i just finished it and i have say i didn't see end coming but one confusion he was arrested but was let go?.

i have to respect his belief i just think by next episode it will go back normal just look what corby last season than within 1 episodes the whole situation got sorted out. the same thing is going happen .

Reply 32#32 bala's post

There's a difference though.  Colby was working undercover as a triple agent, which is why he go his job back.

Charlie, on the other hand, acted out of conscience, but what he did was illegal.  I don't think they'll be able to explain it away in one episode.  I do think Charlie will eventually get some of his security clearance back, but to get the level he had before in a short time wouldn't be realistic.  And even though it is a TV show, they do strive to keep the scenarios as realistic as possible.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I have this feeling season 5 might be the last for Numb3rs, though no media has confirmed this feeling yet.  Just with losing Megan there is going to be a complete dynamic change on the show.  Also now that Charlie no longer has NSA clearance the point of the show is gone because he can no longer consult for Don.  

Predictions for season 5:  Charlie will propose to Amita...if he doesn't I will be angry because i've been looking forward to that for a while.  Charlie will get his NSA clearance back..if he doesn't the show if done!

Reply 34#34 imarielle626's post

The show could go on with another maths guy ?

but your right this could end of the series

Numb3rs - Season 5 General Discussion (Spoilers)

What an action=pack episode still need Charlie help to help don., don really needs to think before acting putting himself in danger he going get himself killed one day. i liked how they are using Charlie team to help they really becoming like a good team. team within a team they really stand out.  

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 12:31 ]

Reply 2#2 spratt89's post

i don't remember last year one?

Reply 3#3 bala's post

Last season opened with with Colby being revealed as a triple agent.  It was a very good episode.

As for the new season, I'm glad they aren't lingering with regards to Charlie getting his security clearance back.  I loved how Larry got him to figure out where to find Don without letting him know he was doing it.   I do miss Megan, but understand why the actress chose to leave.  I hope the new addition (Nicky, I think?) proves to be an interesting character.  I'm just happy it's back because I did miss that show, especially since I'm currently unable to watch anything on the site it's nice to have some of the shows I love back on TV.

Reply 5#5 waterlilybarb's post

you got a lot of show to catch up on

Yeah and this season has started of Great!!.

I am also glad that the brothers have made up and want to work together again.

Thread