35 12
Thread
Printable Version

Numb3rs Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 37#37 spratt89's post

Good episode.  I felt so bad for the switch operator who was so tired.  I was glad it didn't turn out to be his fault - though it goes to show that cutting staff in jobs like that certainly doesn't pay in the long run.

Charlie's bots were interesting, but I found David the most compelling character in this episode.  I'm still not really liking the new girl very much.  I did like when Don told her to listen more & talk less, and not to speak for him - when she was basically racially profiling one of the train engineers who died.

I still have to go back and watch last week's episode though - I saw a little of it, but was out of town.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 36#36 bala's post

I agree.  It was nice to see Liz finally have a bigger part.  I figured David would get the promotion, but I was curious during this episode if he would accept it because of the problems during the case.

What do you think of the guy she was partnered with?  I liked him, but drug addiction is nothing to play with.  If he's able to really get clean, I wonder if they'll get together.

Also, I found Alan & Amita's conversation interesting.  I wonder what's holding Charlie back from proposing?

Reply 39#39 bala's post

I imagine a skilled hacker could bypass or turn off such safety protocols, though I was surprised too.  Come to think of it, the one who was in charge of the whole project hired the hacker, and the wife of the guy who was killed was very skilled in AI technology.

Good episode.  I liked that the computer kicked Charlie out and liked Amita.

Also - Alan is now the basketball coach.  I like when they don't forget the smaller storylines that are interweaved throughout the season.  Watching Amita make the basket with the "granny shot" was funny.

Another thing - the woman in charge of the project and Larry?  I SO can't imagine them as a couple, though according to Larry, they never really were.

Reply 41#41 01torres's post

I was initially wondering that too.  I doubt they would do it behind his back though.  They're both protective of Charlie, but I think they know he's man enough to speak for himself - so I figure Charlie didn't want to deal with that woman anymore, and asked them to relay the message.

Reply 43#43 bala's post

It was a good episode.  It sure was a different side of Larry.   I figured it out too - but was glad that he didn't get off on a technicality since he had killed 64 other people.  

6x01 - Hangman

Just a reminder people - the new season of Numb3rs begins tonight.  Discussion can begin after viewing.

OK, I just finished watching the season premiere, and it did NOT disappoint.  Interesting story, more insight into our beloved characters and obviously much more to learn about them this season.

Enjoy (and don't forget to share your thoughts).

Reply 4#4 bala's post

Did you see the end of the episode?  There's a reason Charlie & Amita were avoiding each other.

Reply 7#7 bala's post

It is surprising, but I imagine some (probably the minority) who have been on the job for a long time get cynical and start to think they are owed something more than just their pay.

It was a good episode.  I'm bummed that Larry is leaving.  He's probably my favourite character on the show, and I love the dynamic between him and the others, especially Charlie.  

Reply 11#11 bala's post

I finally got to watch last week's episode, and is it just me, or does Larry seem different?  He seems depressed.  They better not have him kill himself or something.  Unless he's going back into space, why wouldn't he be able to attend Charlie's wedding?

As for the main story - sick is right!  The players & bettors have no regard for human life.  Sad.

What about Colby & the "bad girl"?  He could use a girlfriend, but really?  He could do better.

:(

Saw a promo last night that said there are only 2 more new episodes of Numb3rs left.  Talk about short notice.  I had a feeling this might be the final season but I don't remember being forewarned.  I hate when that happens.

OK, just saw another promo.  it's the last 2 epis of THIS season.  I feel better now.

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 3-5-2010 23:31 ]

Reply 21#21 kellemanske's post

I hope so too.  The promo for next week's show seems like it could be a series finale, so I think they're covering their bases.

Reply 28#28 kellemanske's post

I liked the way it ended, but they still are just calling it a season finale.  I think they did a great job though, just in case it IS the series finale.  I assume they did it that way to cover their bases and give the fans what they want at the same time.  I still hope it comes back for another season.

Reply 33#33 kwargalla's post

Totally missed your earlier post about Morrow starring in a new show.  I was still holding out hope, but they did it justice in the way it ended.

Reply 35#35 kwargalla's post

That is good.  Castle needs another good female role, and I love Navi.

35 12
Thread