Thread
Printable Version

Numb3rs Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I was upset at the end of last season that Colby was a "bad guy" so finding out he was actually a good guy was a relief.  David, i think, took the blow of Colby's secrecy the hardest becasue they were partners, but I was glad to see that he hung the fishing hook from Colby's father.  Hopefully now they can rebuild their trust and be the team we know and love.

Don is happy and has a steady girlfriend for once, which is good for him.  Hopefully it won't cause too many interoffice problems though.

I really like Charlie and Amida.  Their relationship sure has grown a lot in the past seasons.  I'm glad they finally worked it out and are happy together!

I didn't get the feeling that Larry and Megan were finished as a couple.  I though they looked happy.  She seemed very supportive of his living in a monestary (which i hope is just a phase because i miss prof. fleinheart)

I think its good Alan is going back to school.  He needs something to do cuz if you notice he is ALWAY home lol  Good for him!

I wonder what kind of guest stars will be coming on NUMB3RS this season.  I hear Bill Nye may make another appearance =)

I just watched episode five, and I'm have to say i'm glad Colby ad David are working things out.  They may not be 100% back to their old pair, but they are coming close.

I also like the way Charlie and Amida's relationship is expanding.  I was a little afraid for them after the whole thing about her dad, but I'm glad to see everything work out fine.  It will be interesting to see their dads interact together.

I'm glad Larry is finally leaving the monestary.  he could only spend so much time there.  it also looks like he and Megan are going to pick things up again.  I always like them together so I hope it works out.

The case I though was a little boring and weird.  It was lacking in action, and I don't agree with Don's choice in letting the guy walk away.  He may have been stealing for good causes, but it still was a felony.  But I think the writers wanted to focus more on the drama in this episode than the action.

Reply #6 panni's post

on the security pass, we know charlie has NSA clearance which gives him access to the information to help Don.  As for everyone else, it's a TV show so of course there are some small details that in real life would never happen.  Plus the whole point of the show is showing how the math/science helps the FBI solve crimes (every episode is based on real life cases so the real math was actually done in real life).  Without the help of Amida, Larry, other professors, and even Alan in some cases, Charlie would not have been able to help Don because even his mathematician brain is limited in knowledge.

I agree i think this episode was one of the best NUMB3RS has done in a long time.  I thought it was well rounded with humor and action.  I love how Amida and Charlie's relationship is evolving into a real serious relationship.  I remember when they were just casually dating.  I see them getting married some time in the future of the show.

Amida was so cute in the episode with her little obsession with the video game.  She actually reminded me a bit of myself because I can get a little obsessive about things I'm into like she was with pirmacy.

When Colby got  swept away in the dam I was so afraid something worse was going to happen to him.  I was so relieved when we saw him hanging on to the bridge.  Thankfully Charlie and his "upper body strength" was there to save him lol.

I agree I'm glad we got to see more into Megan's character.  We know she's been through a lot off the show, but this is the first time they have really given us details.  I'm also glad to see her and Larry starting up their relationship together.  They are sweet together.

I feel bad for Don.  He's not a bad guy, he just has a lot of relationship problems.  In the beginning he and Liz were really good together, but the second a problem came up, they just went down hill because he has too much on his mind always to deal with his personal problems. I'm glad they ended their relationship when and how they did.  If they would have kept it going longer it might have desrupted their profesional relationship.  I just hope sometime in the future of the show we can finally see Don in a happy, healthy relationship.

I thought the scene with Charlie and Amida where she was working on the circuit board was cute.  I love the two of them together!

As for the episode, I thought it was good.  Different from a typical kidnapping.  I also guessed early on that Ella was involved.  I didn't necessarily think she was the instigator, but from the opening scene it was clear that she knew about the "kidnapping" before hand.

aww the quote that Don gave the magazine about Charlie was so sweet!

Now for the episode.  I thought it was good.  Funnier than most actually.  At times I found myself laughing out loud which you don't find often in Action-Adventure shows.  I actually thought the scene in the retirement home was hilarious.  Watching all of the elderly running out of the way of a squad team with loaded guns.  The naked guy scene was also funny and Seth's comment to Amita and her comment back to Charlie (I dont remember the exact lines).

It was nice to see Christopher Lloyd (from the Back to the Future triolgy), although I have to say he has not aged all that well.  I almost didn't recognize him!

Episode 10-Chinese Box

Poor Charlie, getting his Chinese Box idea getting shot down by Don.  It shows just how much Charlie values his older brother's opinion.

As far as the episode goes, I found it a bit boring.  I think it would have been better if Ben actually wasn't being followed, but in fact was just crazy and paranoid.  I also found it a bit predictable.  The thing I always loved about the show is that even though the outcome may be predictable at times, the road to get there is always a journey because of one of Charlie's crazy ideas.  In this episode Don did it his own way instead of using one of Charlie's ideas that sounded so out there it probably would have worked better.

I did however love the scene where Charlie was arguing with himself about always being right and how he failed: failed to express his thoughts in words.  I sometimes feel the same way, where I have an idea or something to say, but when I try to formulate the thought into words it either doesn't come out, or doesn't make sense in the way I mean for it to.

[ Last edited by imarielle626 at 12-17-2007 11:52 ]

Episode 11 discussion

I loved the brotherly love in this episode.  A nice change from the last episode.  It is not often we see Don protecting Charlie, usually it is Charlie worrying about Don.  But I do think Don could have handled the situation a bit better.  Just because Charlie was attacked does not mean taking him off the case and all other FBI cases will make everything better.  Charlie loves working for his big brother.  Sometimes Don really needs to get a clue.  He gets so into his work he forgets about everyone else.  Probably why none of his relationships last!

And just to put this out there:  If Amida and Charlie are living together now, how come we are never given any evidence of the fact she actually moved in?  It just seems a bit weird to me.  Also the fact that in my mind they are engaged and I keep on having to remind myself he has not popped the question yet!  I'm a little ambitious

Overall this wasn't the best episode Numb3rs has ever put on, but hopefully after the strike this will turn around.

Episode 12-Power

So this episode just confirmed my suspicions about Charlie and Amida's living situations.  I guess when Charlie asked Amida to move in it was an open ended question with no actual time set in mind.

As for the rape cases, it is hard to believe that someone you think you can trust (a cop, or any law enforcement officer for that matter) can actually be the person you should trust the least.  Since every case in the shows is based on actual FBI cases, something like this must have happened.  I guess it teaches you to always have your guard up, even for an officer of the law!

I felt bad for Megan.  She obviously had a really hard time dealing with the case because of her old college roommate.  It seems that they always throw the emotional stuff in her direction.  It was nice to see Larry "come to the rescue" when she called him.  It was also nice to see Colby in that police uniform

Wow just watched the season finale...can't believe it!  It was sad to see Megan go.  I always did love her character.  It was nice to have the female dynamic in a group full of men.  I do hope we will see her again from time to time as her and Larry seem to be staying together.

I admire Charlie for what he did.  After all he did what he believed was the right thing to do knowing the consequences.  I am curious to see how next season will play out without his ability to consult with the FBI.  The show wouldn't be the same without Charlie's mathematics helping out the FBI.  I do hope he is given his security clearance back soon.  Although from my understanding, it isn't Don and the FBI that gave him the clearance to begin with, it was the NSA so it will not be easy to get back.  Don and Charlie's relationship had been growing so well over the last few seasons, I hope they can reconcile and go back to working so well together!

I'm excited to see more of Charlie and Amita.  I've been saying this for a long time now...I smell a wedding coming on =)  I wonder how the proposal will go down

I'm glad they have renewed the show for a fifth season it would not be good to have been left with an ending like this!

I have this feeling season 5 might be the last for Numb3rs, though no media has confirmed this feeling yet.  Just with losing Megan there is going to be a complete dynamic change on the show.  Also now that Charlie no longer has NSA clearance the point of the show is gone because he can no longer consult for Don.  

Predictions for season 5:  Charlie will propose to Amita...if he doesn't I will be angry because i've been looking forward to that for a while.  Charlie will get his NSA clearance back..if he doesn't the show if done!

I'm glad Charlie is going to try and get his clearance back.  I felt bad for him when they came to ask Larry and Amita for help and had to kick Charlie out of the room.  It's not the same without him and Don working together.  It was really sweet in the end when Don told Charlie he wanted him to get it back because they needed him.  I love Larry!  He was too funny getting Charlie to help without him knowing by making him jealous of that other professor.

I don't really know how I feel about the new girl yet.  She's definitely no Megan but so far she seems like a good addition to the cast.

Did I hear that right...David was stationed in Tel Aviv???

anyway i thought it was an interesting episode.  I was surprised to see Don get so angry though.  It seemed a little out of place there, but maybe with Charlie's situation the writer's felt the change in Don's character would start to come out at work.  I too see some alterior motives to the interviewer guy.  He does seem like he wants to take Don down more than Charlie!

Charlie and Don are great brothers!  What Don said about Charlie was  really sweet!  I didn't really like the case in this episdoe very much, but it was a good character episode.  I'm glad Don spoke up and told Robin he didn't want her to go.  Relationships never were Don's strong suit, but he is coming along.

Reply 29#29 spratt89's post

I agree a great episode for Numb3rs! I thought the autism aspect of it was really interesting and how David handled him was really sweet.  I love it when we get to see more from the agents then just their everyday job.

I did not however like that Alan was hinting at the fact that Charlie and Amita might not be together sometime in the future!  How could he do that?  I predicted so long ago that they are going to get engaged sometime this season and I really hope it happens!  They have been showing them being a bit more intimate with each other lately than in the past.  Like they greet each other with a kiss more often and when charlie, alan, and amita were walking through the university, charlie had his arm around amita.  I don't know i guess i pick out these little things cuz i'm just waiting for the proposal lol

Reply 32#32 spratt89's post

Great episode!!!  I don't know why but I've always had this interest in magic ever since i was little...I like knowing how it works more than the actual magic so this episode really caught my interests!  I've also met Penn before so seeing him on tv was cool!  His show in Vegas is really good too!

Back to the episode.  I loved the plot of David getting set up!  It was intriguing.  Why can't all the episodes be as intriguing as this one was?

Don's religious revelation is interesting too.  It shows us a softer side to him we don't see often with all the FBI and crime stuff going on with him.

Reply 38#38 waterlilybarb's post

I agree David was very interesting in this episode.  I wonder what is is about his character that made this such an emotional case for him.  We don't really know much about David's past except that he spent some time working in Tel Aviv .  It'd be nice to maybe get a little bit of backround on his character since we know so much more about Kolby's.

And I don't like the new girl either!  I miss Megan!  She added a dynamic to team that was really helpful especially in the emotional cases like this one.  She was a great agent, but also contributed the female dynamic this new girl just doesn't!

Reply 31#31 bala's post

Wow what an awesome episode!  That whole twist with the perps misleading them and only pretending to kill the cop was so unexpected!  It's rare that a show takes me completely by surprise like that!

Reply 33#33 bala's post

I agree it is disturbing!  It's sad to think those girls have no choice in the matter.  It is just tradition and they have to follow it.

I also think the whole debate about the psychic is interesting.  I mean I don't know if I can really believe that people can predict the future the way tv and movie portray it, but have you ever had a dream that ended up coming true?

I'd just like to point out that I totally predicted the ending of the season with the proposal...okay so I was a season off, but still.  I posted on here in November of 2007 that the season was going to end with Charlie proposing and while last season didn't this season did!  I'm so happy for them!  I've been waiting for that for a long time!

Oh and that hacker episode was crazy good!  I loved the little clues Amita gave to Charlie.  I think that is the best Numb3rs episode this season! (maybe even ever!)

Thread