Thread
Printable Version

Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I just wanted to start a thread where we can just talk about the show.

I was really proud of Jenny for not staying at the sleepover and the way she found the courage to snap back at Blair.  She is becoming one of my favorite characters.  I'm glad she realized she who she is!

I wish they would go more into detail about the past between Rufus Humfrey and Lily Van der Woodson.  It is obvious they dated back before she was a stuck up golddigger, but I'd like to know more.  Hopefully more will be revealed with time.

I HATE Blair!  In the books she's not so bad, but in the show I just can't stand her!  Shes just too bitchy!

I like Serena and Dan together.  They make a good couple.  I just hope they can go on a date that doesn't end in rescuing Jenny or Eric!  At least it shows they both care for their younger siblings.

Overall I like the show so far.  I wasn't sure i was going to like it because of the books, but reading the books and watching the show are completely different.  The new story lines are interesting and I like how Josh Schwartz brought in the parents through Rufus and Lily.  He did a great job balancing the teens and parents in the O.C. and I'm sure he'll do the same here.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 01:11 ]
Recent Ratings
  • themegababe Points +4 Thanks for starting a great discussion 10-23-2007 18:14

I love this show so much! I have not read the books, but the show is awesome!  

I agree that I totally like Serena and Dan together.  i am slo excite dto see what happens to Jenny and Eric.  

I would like to see Rufus and Lily end up back together, but I feel like they just have so much of a past to get over.  It will be interesting to see how their relationship plays out.

Reply #1 imarielle626's post

I really love this show, although I'm not fond of Blair's personality, I think her character add so much to the show. This show needs her to play off of Jenny an Serena.
I think that Jenny is really coming into her own and is going to be quite the rival of Blair. I look forward to how this story line starts to grow and play out.....it should be interesting.
Serena and Lonely Boy Dan are an intriguing couple, it's always great to see the underdog get the girl. I loved it when she came out and he had the limo waiting and she hopped on the scooter.....

Reply #3 gypsiegirl66's post

Suppose i was going say same thing but jenny really did impressed me in last episode way she talked her away around the cop mind you she did have keys so blair should of asked her to give back keys but she didn't think about it.

Dan &Serena are going to be like marrisa & ryan

hi all.... i just saw the E6 , how comes its not up here yet?  good nite

Reply #5 panni's post

It takes a little while to get them online.  usually they are up the day after it was on tv.

Reply #6 themegababe's post

heay, i know i am from the uk, so when i posted , i saw it, i ment as i download it already from the net and watched it....

it's been updated

Ep6

ok, so they introduced a new character and you just knew that this girl just could be dan's friend don't you hate it when old friend come up from past just mess your life up. it's going to be intresting to see what going to happen between dan and this new girl-so far i like her but that could very well change after a few episodes. Still introducing a African American into show so that it doesn't appear racist -this is coming the norm all US teen shows.
Recent Ratings
  • themegababe Points +2 thanks for starting a new discussion 10-25-2007 13:24

Reply #9 bala's post

I think this is a really interesting topic.  What is Vanessa going to bring into the mix?  She says they are just friends now, but Dan used to love her, so how easily is he going to get past those feelings?  I would hate for her to mess up things with Serena and Dan, but I see it happening

Reply #10 themegababe's post

they wouldn't introduce this character no reason, she's going to mess few things up.

i wished they introduced this person in ep1-showing her leave and dan saying 'i love you' but they didn't.

Episode 7

Well after 1 week break you might expected a good episode and to a certain extent it was average episode but the Blair situation just got worse and now she making a mistake with chuck-was it just me or was whole episode about sex-i mean they trivialise the whole thing and dan well I'm surprised his morals have gone out of the window. Still not sure how i feel about this episode all i can stay was it was ok episode it could been much better.

Oops, forgot this thread was here and started a new one for the latest episode, will change the focus of my thread so I'm not doubling up!

I'm not sure that Dan's morals have gone out the window. I think he is falling in love with Serena and when you love someone, you sometimes have to change your opinions to accomodate new feelings. I don't believe he'd do anything with Serena if it didn't feel right to him, therefore his conscience would be clear. I think that the stuff with them in this episode was really sweet.

Blair has had a really rough time and has made some very bad decisions, I really hope that as the show progresses we see more depth to her. I think it's there, she acts the 'bitch' very well but I can't help feeling that there's more to her than that, she is human after all. I think she likes having some kind of control over other people, like Jenny, as she doesn't really have control of many other things in her life.

The episode was all about sex though, and a little disappointing as a result.

[ Last edited by  meljones_83 at 11-7-2007 19:14 ]
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Reply #13 meljones_83's post

Well i doubt he's falling in love i think it just attraction once he had a taste of her he will realise that he doesn't really want her-just my opinion

Reply #14 bala's post

Yeah, you may well be right, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I suppose my point was really that it's unfair to judge that his morals have gone out the window based on his relationship with Serena, whether he's falling for her or not. The subject of morals is more complicated, I don't believe it's so black and white.

Reply #15 meljones_83's post

ok, i agree morals are complicated but unless i mistaken moral should something a person stick to.i suppose you do have a point he's a guy we both know what's guide his judgement .

sorry forthe image

That's something only a guy can say and get away with! Just remember you said it, not me!

(As for the morals debate, I think when you're still young you have the right to alter your views based on experiences as long as you don't do anything completely against your morals or that would hurt other people. Much of our moral values come from our parents and that's going to change when you get older and start seeing the world for yourself. Dan and Serena are still only young. Sorry if I'm going on but this is an issue that I feel pretty strongly about! I'm not trying to say that you are wrong, just giving my opinion on it all.)

[ Last edited by  meljones_83 at 11-7-2007 21:18 ]

Reply #17 meljones_83's post

we're grown up ain't we

Anyway like you said next week blair has deal with making out with chuck-do you think she blow it off or will they hook up?

i already said what i thought i edited my comment on your topic.

I'm not sure, I initially thought that she'll be upset when she thinks about it and realises what she's just done and in a way, I hope that is what happens. Then I thought maybe she'll use Chuck to make Nate see what he's just lost - he slept with her best friend and she's got even. I think Nate probably has bigger things to think about though. It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out, it might depend on Chuck's reaction - will he want to stick with her for a while or will it ust be another 'notch' for him? Again, I think it could go either way.

Reply #19 meljones_83's post

so all that left to discuss is Blair strip-tease?

Thread