Thread
Printable Version

Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well, if anyone on the show could get away with that it was Blair, she's gorgeous and very sexy, she had all the moves.
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

the latest episode was good episode i liked the comparison between last thanksgiving and this one and secret is out dan father serena mother i can't believe his wife told him he couldn't see her-she left him and than decides to come set rules

okay, finally watched the episode, and i agree, i liked the comparison.  It showed how much things have changed over the last year before the show started.  It's funny to see Dan and Serena's past relationship (or lack there of), they remind me a bit of seth and summer from the O.C.  There are actually a lot of similarities between this show and the O.C., but I guess that is to be expected since Josh Schwartz produced both.

Overall i thought it was a good episode. i'm glad the lily/rufus secret is out, but i did not like the way alison handled it.  You can't run away and have an afair and then return to make rules for your husband to obey!

I really hate Nate's mom.  I don't understand how she can play off her husband's drug addiction as a simple accident.

I really liked the comparison as well.  And it was funny to see how much Dan was pining over him, and she didn't even know he existed.  And things are so different now! haha

Yeah totally with you on alison. Actually, I do not like her that much anyways, and want Lily and Rufus to work out.  So I want her to leave and let them get together! haha  But really, she had an affair, and is mad because Rufus kissed Lily once?  So lame!  I think eventually Rufus is going to give up on the marriage, I mean, what is it really based on now?  And was Alison even going to come back without Jenny getting her??

And Nate's  mom is a spoiled brat who can't understand her husband.  He wants to provide for his family and not just take handouts from her Dad.  He wants to be able to do things on his own.  And I think his frustration with that, and probably with his marriage also, turned him to drugs. so sad.

Ok I've just seen the new episode and agree with a lot of what other people have said - about alison, the comparison and about Nate's mom.

I also wanted to add that I feel really sorry for Blair. I posted in another thread that I think her mom is very controlling with regard to the clothes Blair wears and I think that this shows that she is controlling Blair in other ways too. I'm not saying she is completely wrong and I can see her point at the end of why she didn't tell Blair what was going on but Blair is a big girl who should be able to make her own mind up about things. Her mother seems to be stifling and controlling her - which could be part of the reason for Blair's eating problem, I have seen this happen because someone feels it is one part of their life that they do have control over. I am looking forward to seeing how this storyline develops. It's quite serious to bring into a show that is quite frivolous generally when they have already had the very serious story of Eric's attempted suicide. I'm impressed with the writing so far so I'm sure it will be dealt with sensitively.

I also think that this episode really shows how strong the friendship between Blair and Serena is. I think they were both in the wrong at the beginning, Serena shouldn't have judged Blair for her relationship with Chuck, especially as Blair and Nate had broken up, as she slept with Nate while he was with Blair. Equally I think Blair needs to let that go. Serena said she wasn't staying for thanksgiving and Blair said she was uninvited so they were both to blame for that and they were being petty. However, when Blair had a problem, Serena was the person she turned to, she wasn't too proud to call on Serena and Serena came to help showing true friendship, there's hope for the two of them yet!!

I'm in the race.

I am really enjoying Gossip Girl.  Lots of fun silly drama to keep me entertained.  Gotta love Dan the boy from the wrong side of the tracks.  I hope to see more chuck - gotta love his evil ways. Especially when he's with Blair. I think she needs to let loose more!!

i am in the race!

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

I am in the race

109 was a great episode with the flashbacks.  What fun for Thanksgiving at the Humpfrey's. Secrets out but Alison making those rules for Rufus was way out of line, she has hardly been the model wife.  Looks like there is going to be some fun in the next couple of episodes

hey guys , i would love to post a comment about the show but not something i've watched ...seems to be alot of shows im missing out on. i think this race is gonna be dangerous i may have to start watching alot more shows after this

i am in the race

Well, this is not a show I could get into, in part because of the cast. Not much diversity, not even looks-wise.

Since I don't know the show or of any established background, it's impossible to add anything, sorry.

I am in the race.

this is not really my sorta show, although maybe if i have watched all seasons of all other shows on vip i might consider it to pass the time ....dont mean to offend anyone if this is ya fav show but just not to my taste

i am in the race

About episode 1x08, I thought that Chuck liking Blair was cute considering the type of person he is.  I also thought that Vanessa and Serena's bonding over Guitar Hero and "what it takes to be a best friend" talk was cute. I'm glad that Nate stepped up and decided not to use Blair to help his dad's business deal. I'm also glad that he spent his night talking to Jenny instead of showing up at her party and calling her at midnight (as he always used to).  Vanessa was a bit annoying showing up everywhere and acting as if Dan talks to her more than his own girlfriend. I didn't think that it was right how Chuck played "both sides of the fence" with Nate and Blair even though what he said to Nate was true (about not trying to make a relationship if he doesn't want it). I can't believe that Blair slept with Chuck but I thought that it was really sweet how he got the necklace that she wanted. I feel controversial about Dan's mom coming back. I don't really know how I feel about it yet. About 1x09, I was amazed to find out that Blair had an eating disorder. I thought what she said to Serena was REALLY mean and yet in the end, Serena came to her aid anyway. I think that they made the deal with Serena's mom and Dan's dad way bigger than it had to be. I feel like it was in the past and they had no way of knowing how the future would turn out. I felt like Dan's mom was really mean to Lily. Once again, I felt really bad for Nate with his dad mixing meds and alcohol and ODing on those meds. It was so sad how he told his dad that they needed him and not to just try to bail on them. Overall, I thought that both these episodes were good. I'm in the race.

ok i really couldnt get into this show....lol....i really did try but, i dont know something was missing for me  

i'm in the race
Come Over To The Dark Side, We Have COOKIES!!!!!!

Reply #33 mamaeyeore's post

yeah, and we're really worried about poor gyki. we might just have to agree with him that some bloodshed might improve this show! the tragic troubles of rich kids is not really our cup of tea either, but you have to admit that the quiz is very creative.

we just don't see the vanessa and serena friendship ever happening in the real world, not that we would be seeing much of these people's lives anyway. dan is an easy character to like even if the cheesey family game of thanksgiving touch football threatened to make him a totally insipid character. and enough of cedric already.

we're in the race
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

this show is sooo my guilty pleasure...i fight my sister to watch it on wednesdays. i see this show have a no contest with private practice but i still have to wrestle for the remote.  
I do love the show, it reminds me of the niceness of first season OC

i am im the race

I AM IN THE RACE

I have only watched maybe 3 or 4 episodes of this show.  The last episode I watched, I felt so sorry for Blaire's and her eating disorder.   I think that Nate and Jenny should get together. I think that they would make a better couple.  I am starting to like this show. I probably will start to watch more episodes.
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

I have never watched this show before. There sure is a lot going on.  Even though I hadn't watched the first few episodes, 108 and 109 caught me up pretty well. Especially 109 with all the Thanksgiving drama going on. Even though it was interesting I don't think this is something I will watch on a regular basis.

I am in the Race!
House: Okay, you two grab some scalpels and settle this like doctors.

I agree with Granny Penny. I can totally see Nate and Jenny together.  I was also shocked by Blair's eating disorder.  But I think they portrayed it really well.  I know I was hooked and couldn't take my eyes off the screen.  Glad to see new people trying the show, even if it is only for the race!

Reply 1#1 imarielle626's post

Boy is there a lot going on?  But at least no boredom,

Selena and Brook need to just accept each other.  I was impressed that Selena left TG dinner with new BF and his family and just because Brook needed her
Good show

Episode 10

wow-what a fantastic episode i honestly don't know where to start but last 2 minutes were brillant-ok see blair  top-half naked was defiantly cool ok back to the episode-serena grandmother was most manipulative person on the show and to certain extent i liked her it's shame srena had to see her grandmother for who she is and blair the only reason she doing that get back at chuck and this is going to be mean-i knew she was mean but use him get rid of chuck-chuck can be an arse something but he really does have a heart and it hurts when she breaks it and she knows that would hurt chuck hence her act but hey who's complaining we got see some skins .

Thread