Thread
Printable Version

Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

MUSIC from Gossip girl

Heyy you guys, im a great fan of gossip girl and especially all the music thats been featured on the show! And i found this fantastic site where u can see which songs were aired during those episodes!

http://www.tunefind.com/show/Gossip+Girl

I especially liked the Timberland song "apologize" in the latest episode "Hi Society"

Laterz

Roman Holiday Discussion

Before I start with my thoughts on this episode, I just want to warn that I am in the middle of reading the new book, which happens to be the prequel, so I appologize if I throw something in that is from the book not the show.  It is a little confusing having both in my head right now.

With that said, I thought this was a great episode.  Blair is just pure evil, but it is good that in the end she accepted her father and his new lover (can't remember his name).

I loved Dan and Serena's Christmas gifts to each other.  Both were so thoughtful and romantic.  Especially Serena bringing Dan the snow!  I really love them as a couple!  As for Dan's story, I had a feeling 10-08-05 had something to do with Serena.

I'm glad Rufus and Allison have finally come to realize that enough is enough and just end their marriage.  It is sad for the kids, especially Jenny, but in the end it would have never worked out.  Now Lily just has to turn down Bart's marriage proposal and check her voicemail and get back together with Rufus.  Then all will be good!

School Lies Episode Discussion

Loved this episode.  It was a bit unpredictable which is something new for Gossip Girl.  I really thought either no one was going to confess for breaking in, or Dan was going to rat out Chuck.  I also didn't think Lily would actually accept Bart's marriage proposal.  I'm not to happy with the Bart/Lily relationship, but I honestly don't think it will last very long.  I just hope that GG continues to keep up the good work! =)

Totally missed your review of the last episode! haha

Man, that episode (school lies) was awesome.  I was glued to the tv!  Who would have thought it was Serena who opened up the pool?  But I am glad that she came clean to "save" Dan and to not make him choose, although it looked like he was covering for her.

I am also not happy with Bart and Lily and hope it ends soon. But Lily has a good point, Rufus just showed up and then left and then showed up again, what's to make her think he won't leave again.  And I am bummed that Serena couldn't deal with her Mom being with Rufus. I mean, it would be weird for her to continue to date Dan, but not incestuous or anything.  dumb girl

School Lies episode was great... Seems like every other character wants to protect someone or do something for someone else's benefit... Nate covers up for Blair, Chuck takes the key so that no one would get blamed, Dan looks like he was about to cover for Serena, Serena actually fessing up so no one else would get suspended, Lily breaking things off with Rufus for Serena, and finally Bart "helping" Serena by paying off the head mistress. The title says it all "School Lies"... The episode was full of lies... I can't wait for the next episode, which looks sooo good based on the sneak previews that I've seen!

Yeah seriously, how is Blair going to keep things with Chuck a secret if she is....  guess we will see in 2 days!

School Lies reminded me of this situation my English teacher tricked us into.

She gave us a letter saying that 6 people from our class cheated on a test. She said she had proof because she had another English class a few periods before our class and handed out the test to them, but even though the questions on the test were the same, she switched the order around. She said that the kids who cheated in our class would've gotten perfect scores if they took the test in the other English class (so she was suspecting that there was a conspiracy between the two classes). She said that somebody needed to confess or everybody in our class will get a 0 on our test. One boy in my class stood up and said that he cheated to try to get everybody out of trouble (a little like what Nate did in GG). After what seemed like forever, our teacher opened the door and said that it was just a joke. Everybody was pretty freaked out at that point. She told us that because we were about to start reading The Crucible, she wanted us to be in a similar situation and know what it's like to be accused of something you didn't do. Well, she sure succeeded.

I can't believe that it was Serena! I thought that Chuck took the key to hide because he was trying to cover for Blair. And it sucks how Lily and Rufus can't get together because of their kids. Nate was so sweet and its too bad that he couldn't know how Blair really felt about him.  I don't know about the new headmaster, I don't think it was fair how she punished the innocent to make a point or how she tried to force Dan into telling because he's not rich.

Funny girl, that is crazy about what your teacher did!  I could not imagine that.  I bet if she let it go on long enough, people would have just started blaming each other.  Eventually you might have been able to convince someone they did it, somehow. haha

Man, I so so so want Lily and Rufus together.  oh well. haha  

I just noticed that this weeks's episode is up already, and it hasn't even aired on us tv yet!  crazy!  i love it!

ugh!  my post didn't go through!  I don't feel like retyping it so I'll just give you the highlights

Rufus:  What's with this sudden attraction to young brunettes?  Did I miss something?  I don't like him dating, he should be with Lily!
Chuck: I strongly dislike him!
Dan: Why can't all guys be like him?  He's like every girl's dream guy!
Serena:  She's such a good friend to Blair, even when Blair treats her horribly.  I'm glad she got B to stay.  B needs to face her problems head on.  Running away doesn't solve anything.  S's return is proof of that!
Jenny:  Little Miss J has now risen to the top.  Let's just hope the power doesn't go to her head and she still remembers what it was like to be at the bottom only a short time ago.

Nooo!! Final episode filmed due to writer's strike! I think it's going to be a while before we have new episodes. At least there aren't any huge cliffhangers except for new relationships between people. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, so that's all I can say for now.

I agree, I want Lily and Rufus to be together. But then Dan and Serena can't be together. It sucks. I'm glad that all of Blair's ways finally caught up with her. Maybe this will turn her into a better person. She's so nasty to Jenny. I can't believe that Jenny has taken her spot; I hope that she doesn't turn out like Blair and those other girls because of it. I enjoyed this episode and I loved the end and the song that was playing in the background. Oh yeah, and it was really sweet how Dan told Serena why he loved her. I was starting to feel bad for him after his many failed attempts and then after Serena's reply.

Episode 11-13

i watched all 3 episodes back to back and going to put my comments all in one here.

Ep11-Well this was the Christmas episode and it's not all happy ending for humphy clan since the mother is still cheating on her husband and is now moving away, i'm glad she's gone. everyone else had a happy Christmas

EP12-well swimming incident well i love all the backstabbing, Lilly what is she play at?,nate did it for blair, Serena had the key but put Dan in a difficult situation,the mind game chuck is playing with Blair is brillant i can't believe he outsmarted Blair confess on a tape.This really is a good episode.

EP13- Well Serena pregnant?-well that good start to the episode,than we find out she's isn't i was disappointed but than when i found it Blair might be pregnant i couldn't believe it it could be Chucks . This just than turn rather complicated with secrets coming out. Blair moving away but i'm glad Serena stop her

Reply 51#51 angel17halo's post

according to tv.com only 13 episodes are in season 1

I have just watched #11, #12 and #13 to catch up, this is the first time I have watched anything for ages. Still loving gossip girl!
I actually feel sorry for Blair, although I think she deserved to be taken off her 'high horse' a bit,  don't think she deserved to be brought crashing down with such a thud! I still dislike Nate and I think he's a hypocrite, although I understand him being upset and angry, I don't think he has any room to judge!
Also really still dislike Chuck - bang goes my theory that he actually liked Blair, then again, maybe he's too proud to admit it after knowing that she was only coming to him as a last resort.
Jenny is verging on being unlikeable, I hope she remembers who she really is before going too far down that road.
As for Rufus and Lily, I don't understand why they couldn't be together as well as Serena and Dan. It's not like Rufus and Lily were talking marriage and even if they did, Dan and Serena aren't really related so it wouldn't be incest. Does anyone know the law on this in the US? I'm sure I read somewhere that in the UK they can't stop step brothers and sisters having a relationship for the very reason that it wouldn't be fair if they had gotten together before their parents. I think that someone suggested making it a law but it never got anywhere. Correct me if I'm wrong!
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Reply 55#55 meljones_83's post

As far as I know there is no law against step-siblings dating.  I think it is just uncomfortable.  Think about it.  It would be weird and put strains on the relationships.

Yeah, I can see that it could be a little odd, but I don't think it's fair that one couple who really like each other can't be together because of it.
If the relationships are not strong enough then they wouldn't have survived anyway and if they are strong enough then something like that wouldn't get in the way. I'd say that it'd be fine for Rufus and Lily to date, just not to go moving the two families in together - they would have to wait until the kids had left home before living together.
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

i have only just started watching gossip girl as live in the uk but am addicted!

When is Gossip Girl coming back?
Love is Patient.. Love is Kind

Reply 59#59 onetolove's post

Monday, April 21, 8:00 p.m.

Thread