Thread
Printable Version

Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Gossip Girl 1x18

Well it look like we are back at square 1 i can't believe chuck bass i mean after all  that happen he would cheat on Blair mind you Blair got her own man and i think dan made a good decision not to get back with Serena but it look like archbal and her getting back together over the summer.

All in all good season-finale

good bye gorgina-parents   

Reply 141#141 bala's post

I was so happy when Chuck and Blair finally got together and it looked like they were in love, and then they had to take it all away in the end! Obviously they were setting up for the next season, with the partners changing and Jenny's internship and everything else.   

Reply 142#142 angel17halo's post

i just don't know where they can go-explored most of story-line it's gone 360?

ugh!  I hated that!  I was such a Dan and Serena fan.  It's weird that it's going right back to the way it was at first, like Bala said.   I mean, it was great and leaves me wanting to see the next episode soon, but yeah, not so happy.

And supposudly G is back in Season 2.  So I wonder what happens there?

Yeah, I also heard that Georgina'll be back next season. Back in town to cause more trouble for Serena? Blair perhaps? Ugh.

I was so rooting for Blair and Chuck. For some reason, I actually thought they were pretty cute together. Why did Bart have to say all those things?

Seriously, we ARE back at square 1. Ugh. It just makes it feel like all that's happened happened for nothing. Well, not nothing. But just...ahh.

Lily actually went ahead and married Bart? I was hoping for a Lily-ditches-Bart-at-the-wedding-and-goes-away-with-Rufus scenario, however outplayed that is.

Yeh, it does feel like we accomplished nothing in this Season. I'd imagine I'm not too surprised by Chucks reaction. He has serious commitment issues, but clearly so does B. Perhaps they are fated to follow exactly in their parents footsteps.

It looks like no matter how old you are either, you end up making the same mistakes again ! Lily marrying Bart is clearly a mistake. You'd think by now she'd know she should be with Rufus.....

The whole thing with Serena and Dan just totally annoyed me. Seriously, they love each other sooooooo much that they break up. I can understand Dan being annoyed with Serena over what happened, but Dan made a mistake too and she was willing to forgive him. I just think they aren't really that in love if they can give up that easily.

I agree with you  both.  It feels like nothing was accomplished.

And funny girl, I was totally rooting for Chuck and Blair too.  I thought they could actually work.  Way to go Bart, tell him what he was in for.  He totally ruined that!

I have a feeling things will be pretty shaky when we come back in the fall.  They are leading us to think that V and Dan and S and Nate will get back together, but maybe S and Dan will still go back together in the fall.   I don't think it can have this much "closure" this easily, although,  Serena and Nate did look pretty cute together!

The last couple episodes were so horrible!! Not only were they completely, totally predictable (I found myself hoping the whole time that they would surprise us, even if it would've been cheesy and sentimental!), but they were booooring too. I wasn't happy -HATED Georgina and that whole story line especially. Blech. We'll see what happens in the Fall I guess!

Well i liked it because something new about serena but i agree most of it was predictable

Season 2 discussion thread **might contain spoilers**

With the new season premiering tomorrow we need a place to come discuss about our favorite Upper East Siders.  Also look forward to Dear GG quizzes coming back =)

okay so overall this was a good episode, but for some reason my tv station extended the commercials longer than the commercial break alloted so i'd miss the first 5 minutes after the commercial break!!!!  AHH can't wait until the epi is put up here so I can rewatch it in its entirety

oh and i was so not expecting Marcus to be a British Lord!  I mean I had read spoilers that he was not from NY but I was expecting him to be a poor California surfer boy.  That was a nice surprise =)

I'll see the episode tomorrow night and post back on what I think... And so the love triangles begin!

I liked the way Jenny got her boss to remember her name

Reply 2#2 imarielle626's post

Blair and chuck still verbal sparing gives me goosebumps-they are perfect for each other .i can't believe nate is messy around with married woman .

Whoa! I didn't expect that from James/Marcus. That's an interesting twist. But I'm enjoying this love triangle...so the more the better I say.

Promo for next week

Isn't that the woman Nate is fooling around with? Kathleen?

Reply #5 bala's post

Seeing Desperate Housewives recently (only season 1), I've already had my share of watching underage teens mess around with married women...not the best of storylines. That lady was freaky...I do not like her at all.

Serena's grandmother was a nice addition...raised hopes of Dan's and he stopped cheating on other girls. Do you think he'll bring that thing he was writing at the beach back to the guy at the library? But after one episode, I fared well with all of the confusing relationships...the Hamptons was a fun spot to have the episode and got my spirits high before returning to school. I remember in June thinking I have all the time in the world...

Overall, 8.7/10...

Reply #7 funny-girl101's post

Next week's looks a little confusing... Looking at TV.com, Lord Marcus' mother is sure to be a plot twist...and Nate and Serena get closer? I thought we'd established at the end of last episode that she was with Dan...I guess Nate didn't get over it though...

Reply 9#9 redsoxpatriot30's post

Nate and Serena?!?

Just got to watch the new episode. What was going on with it jumping all over the place, did it air like that?

Anyway, glad that Dan & Serena are back together & that Serena's grandmother had a hand in that. Can't say I'm surprised Nate is with the married woman, I think he's looking for something that he knows he can't have!!

Lord Marcus, ahem! An awful Upper Class British accent, imo. Anyway....next week looks interesting. So Nate is having an affair with Blair's boyfriends mother......looks like GG is only getting started

Thread