Thread
Printable Version

Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

ormer O.C. star Willa Holland is to appear in The CW's Gossip Girl for a three-episode guest stint.

The actress, who played Marissa Cooper's younger sister Kaitlin on the hit drama series, will take on the role of 16-year-old model Agnes in the new season. Her character is introduced when she starts working for Blair's mother Eleanor Waldorf (Margaret Colin).

Meanwhile, John Patrick Amedori has been cast as Aaron Rose, a new love interest for lead character Serena (Blake Lively), according to E! Online. As well as starring in The Butterfly Effect, he has also appeared in a variety of US dramas, including Law & Order, Nip/Tuck and Ghost Whisperer.

Gossip Girl's second season premiered on Monday in the US. It will continue for a full 24-episode run.

Reply 12#12 spratt89's post

i just read that

on digital spy

What? A new love interest for Serena? GG really loves its love triangles...

YAY! they are bringing Aaron to the show!  I really liked his character in the books, but I have a feeling he's not going to be the same as the book character since no one else seems to be!  I wonder how much of his story from the books they will incorporate into the show.

okay just looked at the article and I have to say I feel like they recreated Aaron for the show as the actor they cast is compeltely the wrong image for the book Aaron.  and now I wish I had someone to discuss book vs show with cuz I ahve a lot to say but will hold my tongue since I know I am like the only person who has read all the books.  Anyway can't wait to see on the show!

Reply 16#16 imarielle626's post

i have no idea who this character is

Gossip Girl Adds Two to Cast

This is about the 2 new cast members

Lonely Boy is out; Sensitive Art Boy is in. John Patrick Amedori has been cast as Aaron Rose, a potential love interest for Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively), as first reported by E! Online. In the novels, Rose is an artist with a penchant for philanthropy.

Willa Holland (formerly of The O.C.) has also been tapped to play Agnes, a teen model/bad influence who befriends Little J., and encourages her to start her own guerrilla fashion line, sans Eleanor Waldorf.

Once I had figured out what order this episode should be in I thought it was a pretty good one! I love gossip girl and it doesn't look like the new season is going to disappoint. So here are my opinions on episode 1:

I do agree with Chuck that he and Blair belong together but am unsurprised that he couldn't say those three little words! Let's hope he realises they are true before it's too late as Blair clearly feels strongly for him. I never liked Nate so the married woman thing is of little consequence to me and I'm glad that Serena and Dan have got themselves sorted - however brief it may be! Hoping that Jenny has turned a corner and has given up the Blair-like ways which never really suited her anyway. In this episode I was rooting for her which didn't happen last season!
Now just waiting to see what will happen when Rufus and Lily are reaquainted!
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

2x02 Never Been Marcused

This was a really good episode. It's lined up what's going to be in store for the remainder of the season!!

Nate is now a kept man, Blair has one up on the Dutchess, Chuck's plan backfires but you can see that he loves trying to win Blair back and Dan & Serena are back in the land of lovey dove ness but what happens when reality kicks in? What's going on with Rufus? He seems very unsettled.

All in all a great GG episode !

Reply 20#20 shinny's post

it was a good episode, but serena is a s*ut plain and simple-i used think she decent person after watching her in this episode, but i hand blair she a pro

[ Last edited by bala at 9-10-2008 18:16 ]

Reply 21#21 bala's post

I have to say I hate when men call a woman the S word. Really, it's as bad as the C word in my opinion.

Anyway, why do you say that Bala? Please elaborate on why you think that?

Reply 22#22 shinny's post

the way she acted in this episode-i just couldn't believe it-i'm sorry if i offended you with S word i am really sorry for me i hear that word so much on tv i didn't  consider it offensive but i will be more considerate next shinny-i can't spell your real name correctly .

The reason i believe that what she forgives him in few second-sleeps on the beach with them back to normal-that fastest make-up in history of tv. no-way a girl no matter how much she love a guy will still vulnerable to even consider being that inmate with the guy-at least there should be uncomfortableness but no back like they never broke up and dan didn't do anything encourage her you will notice in the episode serena the one forcing herself on him. dan never made a move but her encouragement made him feel they were back on.  she all over him like horny teenager that was wrong?

Are offended word Horny?

Reply 23#23 bala's post

Lol, no Horny I agree with. Didn't she say something like "That was never our problem"?

I don't see anything wrong with that, it's not like she was sleeping around, but he was (or we are led to believe he was). If anyone was acting in a promiscuous way, then I think it was more so Dan. Remember all those girls he was seeing?!

It's ok, you didn't offend me (much!!) lol - It's just such a negative word that gets thrown around all the time now about girls who are more sexually active. Double standards Bala !!

Bala, I agree I think Dan and Serena got back together way too fast.  But Shinny is right she did say "this was never our problem" so they do both aknowledge the fact that they broke up for a reason and need to come to terms with thsoe problems they just the one problem of they can't seem to keep their hands off each other which makes talking about their problems a little hard

I can't stand Lord Marcus!  He has one of the worst British accents I've ever heard!  They could have cast that so much better!  Just look at Chuck he hides his accent really well.  I've never heard him slip up.  I was kinda funny when chuck was sort of making fun of Marcus being British since the actor who plays Chuck really is British.

As far as this week's quiz goes I think I'll just combine it with next week's since I wouldn't be able to get it up until tomorrow so it would only be up for half the amount of time as usual.

Reply 25#25 imarielle626's post

you could of done a mini-quiz worth 5 points

Reply 25#25 imarielle626's post

Lol Arielle. I said something about Marcus' "accent" before. It really is atrocious !!

Reply 27#27 shinny's post

He sounds more like a southern boy to me than a British Lord (which he is i looked it up he's from Jacksonville, Florida)!  I do find it funny that they have a Brit playing an American and an American playing a Brit.  The only difference is Chuck's accent sounds real!

Reply 28#28 imarielle626's post

Yeh because I'd totally forgotten Ed Westwick was English. That's a good testament that his accent is flawless !!

Where is everyone?  I though with GG back on this forum would pick up more!

I've been really busy so I realized I never commented on the episode...
-I think Dan and Serena are done for good now.  I know they are brining in the character Aaron Rose as new love interest for Serena but I'm not really sure when he is joining GG.  I hope D&S can resolve their problems eventually cuz I'd love to see them back in a happy, healthy relationship.
-Vanessa and Nate should be together!  I understand why V did what she did, but I really hope they find a way to take Catherine down cuz I'm not such a fan of her character!
-B cheating on Marcus was sort of inevitable.  After all from the start she was just using him...even if she convinced herself that she wasn't
-Rufus is dating?  That was a shock!  I hope they bring back the Rufus and Lily relationship again (but with a better ending).  It sort of ended with a lot still up in the air!
-Little J is really becoming something!  She really has come a long way in a short time!

Reply 30#30 imarielle626's post

there on new game website

Thread