38 12
Thread
Printable Version

Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I just wanted to start a thread where we can just talk about the show.

I was really proud of Jenny for not staying at the sleepover and the way she found the courage to snap back at Blair.  She is becoming one of my favorite characters.  I'm glad she realized she who she is!

I wish they would go more into detail about the past between Rufus Humfrey and Lily Van der Woodson.  It is obvious they dated back before she was a stuck up golddigger, but I'd like to know more.  Hopefully more will be revealed with time.

I HATE Blair!  In the books she's not so bad, but in the show I just can't stand her!  Shes just too bitchy!

I like Serena and Dan together.  They make a good couple.  I just hope they can go on a date that doesn't end in rescuing Jenny or Eric!  At least it shows they both care for their younger siblings.

Overall I like the show so far.  I wasn't sure i was going to like it because of the books, but reading the books and watching the show are completely different.  The new story lines are interesting and I like how Josh Schwartz brought in the parents through Rufus and Lily.  He did a great job balancing the teens and parents in the O.C. and I'm sure he'll do the same here.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 01:11 ]
Recent Ratings
  • themegababe Points +4 Thanks for starting a great discussion 10-23-2007 18:14

okay, finally watched the episode, and i agree, i liked the comparison.  It showed how much things have changed over the last year before the show started.  It's funny to see Dan and Serena's past relationship (or lack there of), they remind me a bit of seth and summer from the O.C.  There are actually a lot of similarities between this show and the O.C., but I guess that is to be expected since Josh Schwartz produced both.

Overall i thought it was a good episode. i'm glad the lily/rufus secret is out, but i did not like the way alison handled it.  You can't run away and have an afair and then return to make rules for your husband to obey!

I really hate Nate's mom.  I don't understand how she can play off her husband's drug addiction as a simple accident.

Roman Holiday Discussion

Before I start with my thoughts on this episode, I just want to warn that I am in the middle of reading the new book, which happens to be the prequel, so I appologize if I throw something in that is from the book not the show.  It is a little confusing having both in my head right now.

With that said, I thought this was a great episode.  Blair is just pure evil, but it is good that in the end she accepted her father and his new lover (can't remember his name).

I loved Dan and Serena's Christmas gifts to each other.  Both were so thoughtful and romantic.  Especially Serena bringing Dan the snow!  I really love them as a couple!  As for Dan's story, I had a feeling 10-08-05 had something to do with Serena.

I'm glad Rufus and Allison have finally come to realize that enough is enough and just end their marriage.  It is sad for the kids, especially Jenny, but in the end it would have never worked out.  Now Lily just has to turn down Bart's marriage proposal and check her voicemail and get back together with Rufus.  Then all will be good!

School Lies Episode Discussion

Loved this episode.  It was a bit unpredictable which is something new for Gossip Girl.  I really thought either no one was going to confess for breaking in, or Dan was going to rat out Chuck.  I also didn't think Lily would actually accept Bart's marriage proposal.  I'm not to happy with the Bart/Lily relationship, but I honestly don't think it will last very long.  I just hope that GG continues to keep up the good work! =)

ugh!  my post didn't go through!  I don't feel like retyping it so I'll just give you the highlights

Rufus:  What's with this sudden attraction to young brunettes?  Did I miss something?  I don't like him dating, he should be with Lily!
Chuck: I strongly dislike him!
Dan: Why can't all guys be like him?  He's like every girl's dream guy!
Serena:  She's such a good friend to Blair, even when Blair treats her horribly.  I'm glad she got B to stay.  B needs to face her problems head on.  Running away doesn't solve anything.  S's return is proof of that!
Jenny:  Little Miss J has now risen to the top.  Let's just hope the power doesn't go to her head and she still remembers what it was like to be at the bottom only a short time ago.

Reply 55#55 meljones_83's post

As far as I know there is no law against step-siblings dating.  I think it is just uncomfortable.  Think about it.  It would be weird and put strains on the relationships.

I had completely forgotten about Michelle Trachtenberg joining the cast.  I was trying to pull out names from the books to guess who G is going to be.  The characters don't really match up personality wise, but so far they have pulled the names in.

As far as someone coming out of the closet.  I guess that is to be expected.  She also played with the gay story line in the books.

I really liked this episode.  I hope that Jenny figures out how bad these girls are for her though.  She is too good of a person to fall to their evilness!  I do like her new haircut though.  I want Jenny and Nate to get together.  I think he could help her come back to her old Brooklyn self!

Reply 81#81 bala's post

the she was in reference to the author of the books and the show.  I meant she played with the gay storyline in the books too, although it didn't last long

Season 2 discussion thread **might contain spoilers**

With the new season premiering tomorrow we need a place to come discuss about our favorite Upper East Siders.  Also look forward to Dear GG quizzes coming back =)

okay so overall this was a good episode, but for some reason my tv station extended the commercials longer than the commercial break alloted so i'd miss the first 5 minutes after the commercial break!!!!  AHH can't wait until the epi is put up here so I can rewatch it in its entirety

oh and i was so not expecting Marcus to be a British Lord!  I mean I had read spoilers that he was not from NY but I was expecting him to be a poor California surfer boy.  That was a nice surprise =)

Reply 12#12 spratt89's post

YAY! they are bringing Aaron to the show!  I really liked his character in the books, but I have a feeling he's not going to be the same as the book character since no one else seems to be!  I wonder how much of his story from the books they will incorporate into the show.

okay just looked at the article and I have to say I feel like they recreated Aaron for the show as the actor they cast is compeltely the wrong image for the book Aaron.  and now I wish I had someone to discuss book vs show with cuz I ahve a lot to say but will hold my tongue since I know I am like the only person who has read all the books.  Anyway can't wait to see on the show!

Bala, I agree I think Dan and Serena got back together way too fast.  But Shinny is right she did say "this was never our problem" so they do both aknowledge the fact that they broke up for a reason and need to come to terms with thsoe problems they just the one problem of they can't seem to keep their hands off each other which makes talking about their problems a little hard

I can't stand Lord Marcus!  He has one of the worst British accents I've ever heard!  They could have cast that so much better!  Just look at Chuck he hides his accent really well.  I've never heard him slip up.  I was kinda funny when chuck was sort of making fun of Marcus being British since the actor who plays Chuck really is British.

As far as this week's quiz goes I think I'll just combine it with next week's since I wouldn't be able to get it up until tomorrow so it would only be up for half the amount of time as usual.

Reply 27#27 shinny's post

He sounds more like a southern boy to me than a British Lord (which he is i looked it up he's from Jacksonville, Florida)!  I do find it funny that they have a Brit playing an American and an American playing a Brit.  The only difference is Chuck's accent sounds real!

Where is everyone?  I though with GG back on this forum would pick up more!

I've been really busy so I realized I never commented on the episode...
-I think Dan and Serena are done for good now.  I know they are brining in the character Aaron Rose as new love interest for Serena but I'm not really sure when he is joining GG.  I hope D&S can resolve their problems eventually cuz I'd love to see them back in a happy, healthy relationship.
-Vanessa and Nate should be together!  I understand why V did what she did, but I really hope they find a way to take Catherine down cuz I'm not such a fan of her character!
-B cheating on Marcus was sort of inevitable.  After all from the start she was just using him...even if she convinced herself that she wasn't
-Rufus is dating?  That was a shock!  I hope they bring back the Rufus and Lily relationship again (but with a better ending).  It sort of ended with a lot still up in the air!
-Little J is really becoming something!  She really has come a long way in a short time!

WOW!  I'm liking the new Serena story line!  (well it's actually the old Serena story line brought back)  I don't know how I feel about the new Serena character, but it does make for interesting tv!  And Chuck and his scheming ways!  I can't believe he actually paid Amanda to pretend to like Dan just to make Serena jealous and overthrow Blair.  Where does he come up with these plans???

Marcus and Catherine...that was a shock!  I guess it's not that hard to believe but was so unexpected!  I hope Nate is goign to be okay though.  He's had such a rough time, I'd like to see his story line play out a little better!

I get the feeling we won't be seeing the last of Rufus and Lily!  Rufus is clearly still in love with her and won't be able to deny that much longer!  Plus Lily is in for one unhappy marriage!!! Why would anyone chose to marry a Bass? lol

Reply 36#36 funny-girl101's post

I think Josh Schwartz just really likes those incestuous/mother-teen relationships...remember Julie Cooper and Luke from the OC?  I guess dating your daughter's ex and your step son are a little different, but it is disturbing nonetheless!

a hello from your mod

I just want to thank the three of you for actually keeping this forum alive.  I know I've been a little MIA lately, it's just that this show air at a time I am never around to watch so finding a time to sit down and watch it is hard for me with school and all

...anyways on to episode 6:
I am really glad Blair and Serena are back to friends.  As much as the cat fight was fun to watch, this show can't go too far with them as enemies.  I feel like their relationship is one of those that will alternate between bffs and enemies as the show continues.

It was only a matter of time before Nate and Dan became friends!  I think they'll make great friends.  Plus who would want Chuck Bass as a friend afterall???

I didn't think Rufus would give in to Jenny's homeschooling request, but she is talented and obviously very much needed by Mrs. Waldorf.

Rufus and Lily...it is only a matter of time now!  I'm getting a little impatient...they should be togther!

Reply 71#71 funny-girl101's post

I'm looking forward to the Serena/Aaron story line too =)  Though I don't like the fact that they are pulling characters from the books but the only thing the same about them is the name.  It just confuses me!  I have to constantly remind myself that the Aaron of the show is not the Aaron of the books sorry its just frustrating since I've been reading the books since I was 13 so those characters are more imbedded in my mind.

We had the discussion of the age difference at dinner the other night.  I completely forgot that nate is only supposed to be 17 or 18 in the show so he really isn't that much older ha

Episode 9

Wow!  What an episode!

I can't believe how much little J has changed!  The old Jenny would never have had the guts to pull something like that!  But I've got to admit, I really do like the way her character is developing!  It makes for a very interesting story line.  I wasn't too fond of the whole punk rock look, but it is really fitting with the new direction her character is taking.  I just hope she doesn't get herself into too much trouble, but she really should have her own line!  Her designs are great and Eleanor was only using her!  She has way to much potential to be wasting away with Eleanor!

So Blair finally got her Yale...and she finally admitted she loves Chuck I'm glad her and Serena are back on good terms though.  They make a good team.

I don't really trust Aaron with all those girls in question, but the whole thing with the ring, the original ring, was really sweet.  I'd be curious to see where that relationship would go, though I would like an explaination for these girls that just keep popping up around him!

Poor Nate!

Reply 76#76 studiojek's post

i know i can't believe rufus would do that!  there are better ways to punish your daughter than to send her to jail!  glad lily didn't press charges!

38 12
Thread