Thread
Printable Version

Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

About episode 1x08, I thought that Chuck liking Blair was cute considering the type of person he is.  I also thought that Vanessa and Serena's bonding over Guitar Hero and "what it takes to be a best friend" talk was cute. I'm glad that Nate stepped up and decided not to use Blair to help his dad's business deal. I'm also glad that he spent his night talking to Jenny instead of showing up at her party and calling her at midnight (as he always used to).  Vanessa was a bit annoying showing up everywhere and acting as if Dan talks to her more than his own girlfriend. I didn't think that it was right how Chuck played "both sides of the fence" with Nate and Blair even though what he said to Nate was true (about not trying to make a relationship if he doesn't want it). I can't believe that Blair slept with Chuck but I thought that it was really sweet how he got the necklace that she wanted. I feel controversial about Dan's mom coming back. I don't really know how I feel about it yet. About 1x09, I was amazed to find out that Blair had an eating disorder. I thought what she said to Serena was REALLY mean and yet in the end, Serena came to her aid anyway. I think that they made the deal with Serena's mom and Dan's dad way bigger than it had to be. I feel like it was in the past and they had no way of knowing how the future would turn out. I felt like Dan's mom was really mean to Lily. Once again, I felt really bad for Nate with his dad mixing meds and alcohol and ODing on those meds. It was so sad how he told his dad that they needed him and not to just try to bail on them. Overall, I thought that both these episodes were good. I'm in the race.

I can't believe that it was Serena! I thought that Chuck took the key to hide because he was trying to cover for Blair. And it sucks how Lily and Rufus can't get together because of their kids. Nate was so sweet and its too bad that he couldn't know how Blair really felt about him.  I don't know about the new headmaster, I don't think it was fair how she punished the innocent to make a point or how she tried to force Dan into telling because he's not rich.

I agree, I want Lily and Rufus to be together. But then Dan and Serena can't be together. It sucks. I'm glad that all of Blair's ways finally caught up with her. Maybe this will turn her into a better person. She's so nasty to Jenny. I can't believe that Jenny has taken her spot; I hope that she doesn't turn out like Blair and those other girls because of it. I enjoyed this episode and I loved the end and the song that was playing in the background. Oh yeah, and it was really sweet how Dan told Serena why he loved her. I was starting to feel bad for him after his many failed attempts and then after Serena's reply.

Wow! "G" seems to be a pretty bad person if Chuck and Serena both needed drinks. I also couldn't believe Jenny. I used to love her, but she has definitely changed. I thought that it was really sweet how Nate cared about her enough to talk to her about it and to even tell Dan about what was going on. But then she repays him by like yelling at him and then making him date one of the girls for her own personal gain. And she had no remorse for Blair or him, Its really sad. Poor, Chuck...I hope that his father allows him back into the house after he finds out that he is in fact innocent. I don't think that Nate and Jenny would be a good couple because she seems a little too young for him; but nonetheless, his actions towards her were pretty cute. Only 3 more days to go until we meet this G.

Wow, Georgina is terrible. I mean, she drugged her and then lied about it! She is definitely jealous of Serena and I guess she wants to try and steal Dan for herself. I thought that it was so mean and she made her miss the SATs, lied about the night before, and then told her "I guess you haven't changed after all". I also think that Nate and Vanessa are cute together and I did not see that coming at all. I think they are both genuinely nice people and that they deserve to be with nice people as well. I was so upset by how Jenny didn't like the guy when she thought that he was a dog walker, but then she liked him when she saw that he had money. Thats just wrong...she has really been brainwashed. He really does seem like a nice guy and I hope that he will be something really good for her. I thought that Chuck was totally out of line acting like Serena was with him and I couldn't believe that Serena allowed him to do that. I know that she didn't want Dan to know about Georgina but that seriously wasn't right. Poor Dan.

I can't wait to find out what they are hiding. How bad can it be, right? Its not like they killed someone. I have no idea what it could be, so I really can't wait.

[ Last edited by nye87 at 4-29-2008 21:21 ]

Reply 102#102 bala's post

No way! Well, I would hope not. That would just be crazy and it would involve like someone possibly going to jail. Unless, it was accidental. Or maybe Georgina just decided to drug someone again and accidentally gave them and overdose. I don't know if you guys heard but Georgina said something about Serena being just as guilty even though she "walked in" on it. I though that was really weird.

Reply 104#104 bala's post

Sorry, my "no way" was more of an "omg" not so much as a way of judging your opinion. Its kindda hard to get certain feelings across when typing, so sorry if it was interpreted the wrong way. But similar thoughts have crossed my mind. I just hope that its not something that is that serious.

Wow, Bala...you were SO right! I catch believe it. I was like "NO WAY!!!". I just got around to seeing the episode today so I am excited about getting to see the next one tomorrow. I hope its not as bad as they made it sound. Chuck is hilarious (as always) in the clip.

I know! I loved seeing all of them together to help a friend in need. I am also soo looking forward to them teaming up to put an end to Georgina. I think that she is just really jealous of Serena, so she wants to make her life terrible and take her boyfriend for herself. I loved Chuck's line about how crazy Georgina is. Blair is such a good friend and it was so nice of her to tell Lily what was actually happening. DON'T DO IT, DAN!!! I also loved when Vanessa approached Georgina and told her how she isn't a fan of lying. I can't wait until next week. I am rooting for Lily and Rufus. I mean, the only reason she decided to marry Bart was because she knows how much Serena loves Dan. They really love each other and they always have.

Have you seen next week's promo? Here's the link (just make sure you click on the TV to enlarge the screen and heighten the sound): http://www.cwtv.com/shows/gossip-girl .
Oh my gosh, I can't wait!!!

Thread