83 12345
Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Atlantis Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Stargate Atlantis Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Please Discuss Seasons 1-3 here.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-4-2015 12:21 ]

i wasnt to sure how the spin off would be but woooow.....completely lived up to it

i love the fact that they start off strong and keep going.....we start off underwater...can anyone say omg...lol...then you start losing power to the sheilds, shepperd brings more people in, then up we go to the surface...our new enemy the wraith dang they are ulgy,strong, and mean.....nothing new there...lol...the season ends with wraith hive ships coming to kill everyone....yeah strong all the way....the city is awesome to check out.. atlantis was one of my favorite stories...and now there is a show thats based in the city its a nice spin on it...i love how sheppard was picked to be on the team...jack says i thought i told you not to touch anything, shepperd but i just sat down...lmao...i dont like the fact that the millary believes the old shoot up style would work on the wraith tho....the
Daedalus is nothing to sneeze at but the hive ship is the size of a mountain, come on now...lol i'm sure i'll edit this again cause i'll remember something else

i'm in the race

[ Last edited by mamaeyeore at 11-27-2007 20:05 ]
Recent Ratings
Come Over To The Dark Side, We Have COOKIES!!!!!!

Reply 2#2 mamaeyeore's post

I think that this first season of Atlantis was great, I liked it even more than sg-1, I have to say, and I never thought I would! You are so right about the strong start and it manages to keep that going, which doesn't always happen with this kind of show.
I think one of the reasons I like Atlantis so much is the characterisation and the acting.
You have the amusing McKay who always seems kind of awkward but lovable at the same time
Sheppard who is very strong, capable and pretty hot too!
Weir - I sometimes find she can be a little harsh but I think she has to be because of her responsibility - who I think is a good leader who does what she has to but has the best interests of everyone in mind
Teyla who I would love to have as a friend due to her empathy and good nature
Plus all the other characters that make the show what it is!

(I'm in the race!)

[ Last edited by meljones_83 at 11-27-2007 20:05 ]
Recent Ratings
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

we would have liked to have seen the rites that would only "last a few moments" and yet prepare teyla for death. we also want to know more of these athosians. how long ago was their fall from technology? it interests us that although "they still retain some advanced technology" (stargate atlantis wiki) they are not embracing that avenue as the only sure means to combat the wraith -- at least the wraith think that advanced technology could destroy them or else they wouldn't bother wiping out the civilizations that had it.

we will always be amazed that all those stargate teams always manage to make it through the gate just in the nick of time!

and a look forward, we know that mitch pileggi is coming up next season. loved him in x-files!
we're in the race!

[ Last edited by sddvasquez at 11-27-2007 21:26 ]
Recent Ratings
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

cant really comment much only watched episode 4 for the quiz but cant say as its something i can see me gettin addicted to, prefer crime dramas myself

i am in the race
Recent Ratings

sci fi not really my sorta thing but the episode i watched ( 4 ) seemed to have plenty of drama and tension , maybe its something i would watch occasionally but cant see myself watchin a whole couple of seasons

i am in the race
Recent Ratings

Dija vue

Season 1 Episode 4 - This is the first time I have ever watched Stargate Atlantis and boy did it ever remind me of STNG with a dash of the orginal Star Treck. There were so many parallels I recognized as well as the little joke thrown in there just in case you were paying attension! (Klongon sutle)

I'll start a list and if anyone else noticed the simularities add what you noticed as well.
1. Charater with strong accent (DR. vs. Scotty)
2. bug like alien (STNG's version actually took over the human)
3. being trapped in a shuttle craft
All in all not a bad show, I'll have to watch another episode or 2 to make my final discision

I am in the race!
Recent Ratings

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Now I've watched an episode from Stargate Atlantis and SG-1. I really don't think I can get into either of them, but I am going to try. It doesn't hurt I did like Atlantis better.

I am in the Race!
Recent Ratings
House: Okay, you two grab some scalpels and settle this like doctors.

i'll be honest...i wouldn't have started watching this show...but its pretty interesting....now if there weren't so many seasons i'd get into it...but i dunnoooo
but i'll definitely consider it for when my finals are over

i am in the race!
Recent Ratings

I just couldn't get into this show, by the time the spin off began i had gone off Stargate so I wasn't that interested in watching it, sorry to all you devoted fans.

I am in the race
Recent Ratings

When i first heard of the SG1 spin off, I wasnt too excited about it as usually spin offs arent as good as the original. They had big shoes to fill and i didnt buy into it.intially I occasionally watch it to be honest but dont follow it...
Saying that, it is good and has gotten better as time went on.
It drew too many parallels with SG1 and looked like it was trying to force the SG1 formula onto the viewer, the Sheppard/O'Neil, Rodney/Sam & especially Tayla/Teal'c comparisons. which looked to be trying too hard.
But it has definatly found its own way and carved out its own niche and is nearly on a par with SG1 but season 1 didnt quite do it for me. Good storylines but felt it was tring too hard to capture SG fans.

I know its a more season 1 discussion but characters like Ronan and Sam have really given the show more life.
Its adhow i will keep an eye on...

I am in the race...

[ Last edited by luimni at 11-28-2007 10:16 ]
Recent Ratings

I've actually only seen epsisode.  It was interesting how they bring together action and sci-fi.  I also liked the way they told the story, bringing in the history as it related to the current issues.

I am in the race.
Recent Ratings

I've only seen 4 episodes of Stargate Atlantis and about 10 of Stargate SG-1. I had never really heard of the shows before (probably because I was 10 in 1997). But, I'm glad that I got introduced to them. I think that the concept of traveling the galaxy as we travel the Earth is very interesting and I love to see what mysteries await us next...the different languages, customs, fears...its all so great. Each episode is so different and I really enjoy them!
I am in the race
Recent Ratings

I AM IN THE RACE

I have only watched maybe 3 or 4 episodes of Stargate Atlantis.  I also read some episodes. I really couldn't get into watching any more episodes. I think with these type of shows, you need to start watching right from the beginning to get a idea of what's really going on in the storyline.
Recent Ratings
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

ep104

I am in the race, that's how come I watched 104.

So they got the bug off and then shot it. It got killed that way.
Couldn't they have shot it while it was attached to the guy? I mean, that sucker was hug, had a huge body, there would have been an angle from which to shoot it without hurtin the guy. Or is it the kind of thing that then spouts poison?
Recent Ratings

Reply 15#15 ms.smith's post

This was explained in the episode. Shooting it or any other method did not work because as long as it was attached to John it sucked more life force from him to heal itself. That's why they had to kill him to make it let go.(no more life force to feed off of). Also in the last moments before they vented it out to space you saw it move again.

Reply 16#16 gabsimom's post

Cool little bugger, huh? Smart invention.
I'm not sure I would have touched it, though, like whatshername.

i would touch it too lol

i am in the race
TNA TNA TNA TNA TNA!!!!!

Reply 1#1 gabsimom's post

I have pm'd answers.  Boy that is a good show.  I really enjoyed it.  

I am in the race.

Episode 1

Episode starts with Dr Weir, Becket and Rodney finding the Ancients chair which only works with people with the Ancients gene, Dr Jackson believes they can make a Stargate jump to Atlantis, Becket sits in the Ancients seat and a weapon starts to fire at Mjr Sheppard & General O'Neill, Jackson tries and successfully persuades him to let a expedition team go and explore it, Sheppard sits in the Ancients seat and the seat activates, Weir asks O'Neill if Sheppard can come with them, after a talk with O'Neill, Sheppard decides to go, Weir lead the expedition team though the Stargate and to Atlantis, After a while they discover that Atlantis is under water, Carson finds a room where a message left by the Ancients telling them what happened, Rodney then says they need to stop everything as the shield protecting Atlantis is failing, Colonel Summer's takes a team to a off world planet looking for a safe planet for Atlantis to evacuate to if necessary, MJR Sheppard finds 2 boys playing, the search team they meet Teyla the leader of the planet. Great 1st episode, (My Score 9/10)

83 12345
Thread