Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Atlantis Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Stargate Atlantis Season 2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss everything Season 2 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 12-4-2010 21:51 ]

Episode 1

Wow.. I hardly thought it can keep the level the last season ending was, but this was up for the same level, if not more as we got our quite positive ending and all the action. The storyline - all the excitement, motion and action. There was again, no change to get eyes off and the way those events finally came together - Ford's Sheppard's cat-mouse game, mounting thing, the ship getting away and sending bomb. Gorgeous. Plus cannot forgot the change that they tried to fight with them. Amazing episode.

Episode 2

It was great, to be honest. A different episode - all the spaceship and journey and things what can go wrong on space, but for variety and some different - it was fantastic episode to go after the superb season start. And those little clips back to Earth and those conversations - leading only sad understanding. But the action on the ship and McKay - he can be... the panic and fear. And Wraith seems to be even more powerful than we thought but they managed to win this time. And the Hermiod - I start to like that little guy more and more.

Episode 3

This was a great episode and we finally got to find out more about Ford. It seems like ages since we have seen him, and it's sad that he is no longer a major cast member. By the end of this episode it appears that Ford will not ever be going back to Atlantis. But all is not lost we are introduced to a new character Ronan who lost his home world to the Wraith. It appears that the Wraith like to chase some of there prey almost like its a sport or a game so overall a great episode to watch with a great new character

Episode 4

I LOVED this episode. It was hilarious and it's the perfect thing to watch at the end of a long day. Although, I do have to admit, McKay kissing Beckett was very weird, even though you know it's Cadman kissing him. But that weirdness is what makes Stargate Atlantis so good 'Duet' was probably one of the better and more funny filler episodes, plus we get to see Ronon in action. It's very interesting to see McKay fight with Cadman, and have a couple of new characters introduced in this episode (Ronon and Cadman).  In short, this was a great episode and very funny, though it lacked in action.

Adam I am glad you are enjoying atlanis and rewatching all the episodes.

Episode 5

As is pointed out elsewhere, this episode had a very funny quip in it. The scientist is told to repair something that is badly broken. His automatic response is, "What am I MacGuyver??!" Considering the star of the MacGuyver TV series had a lead role in Stargate SG-1 for almost a decade The society of the world visited in this episode had descended into two forms of barbarism. One camp was forced to "rough it" agains their will, and live with the constant possibility of an ugly death at almost any time. The other camp put them there.

Episode 6

A nice episode, just when you think the Atlantis team finally finds the mother of all weapons/power source, you just have to wonder if this was just too good to be true. McKay was at his most arrogant in a way trying to justify his massive ego in trying to top the Ancients in their failures. So of course in the end they not only lose their newest discovery, but McKay and Sheppard barely gets out alive with help of the Daedalus providing cover in a cool CGI sequence. Finally when Dr. Weir was yelling at McKay, I would've never expected McKay's ego to further place himself in a worse spot by stating more of the solar system was destroyed rather than less.

Episode 7

this episode was very exciting and freaky, i didn't know what they were talking about when they said " it might not even be out tonight"but when they said what it did, it was pretty obivous that it was a wraith. i think the best twist in the storyline was when the old guy found out that his son was even older than he was towards the end. the wraith had to get what it needeed to survive so he let it take some of his life and now he was an old man.the girl wraith killed the other wraith on the planet so they didn't have to look as hard for it. later.

Episode 8

it was not the best epiosde i've seen but it was great.i like the storyline and how it wasd picked up from the previous epiosde. Col. Sheppard also got totally taken over by a bug- wriath thing and it was a very exciting and ineresting epiosde. i like when Col. Sheppard smashes the window in Dr. Weir's room, and asks if that changed her mind. this epiosde was related to season one's epiosde 'thirty eight minutes'. and i liked that epiosde and this one was even better.

Episode 9

The storyline was just great. All the matrix like virtual reality thing what looked so real and people inside did not know it. I loved the wraith part and who she/he had made it so comfortable for herself and ruled that little game there. And McKey, when he started to hack the reality and modify it his way. Sad, they did not get any vital information but at least there is hope now - there is something out there. There is a change.

Episode 10

This is one of the best this season, good to see the wraith in battle again and interesting twist with lietenant ford as well. Also interesting showing consequences of tayla ability to read wraith minds and that wraith territorial which makes sense in retrospect. The whole trying to escape and failing and picking up a girl who was still alive, all of them feeling the affects of coming off of the drugs was also good and I found Rodney very funny in this episode

Episode 11

First off, Shepard gets a break from the queen when the other Hive ship shows up. Ronan pulling all those knives out was funny, but it worked they were able to escape, if only for a few minutes. Then they got seperated to smaller groups. Rodney taking all that enzyme and what his reaction to it was hilarious. Shepard rescues "a prisoner" and almost gives up some vital information to her. We are told about the "Wraith Worshipers". The team is able to escape again and gets both ships to shoot it out with one another. The only thing is FOrd may or may not have escaped. But everyone else makes it back to Atlantis.

Episode 12

The show was refreshing, I like the idea it was a new idea and fun to watch. Rodney was great, taking control like that; pushing the others around, Rodney is always fun to watch. At the same time Shepard has his own little story arch behind the wall, the information was also good for the back story of the ancients and ascension. The writing is good and the characters were given more depth, the story is one of the best.

Episode 13

Absolutely love this episode it combines elements from both Stargate series (Atlantis and SG-1). We have the Gou'ald, NID Agent Barett, General Landry, Dr. Lee and more. This episode gets better as it goes on. It is discovered that The Trust plans to destroy Atlantis by overloading their zero-point module, to make matters worse the Wraith have ships in the Lantean system. Dr. McKay and Lt. Cadman work furiously to stop the destruction of Atlantis, identify the saboteur and obtain the code to prevent the overload.

Episode 14

This episode of Atlantis could have been better. Rodney was funny as always. In his situation he begins to freak out. I probably would too. He starts talking to himself, the ship and eventually Carter who he is now hallucinating. Carter was also funny as the hallucination. The only problem I have with this episode is that there was no Ronan or Teyla, The episode itself explored all facets of McKays character including the realisation of how self absorbed he is.  but apart from that I found this to be a very good episode,

Episode 15

This episode's plot wasn't so original either but it doesn't matter so much for me, what matters for me is how the plot is being done and what is happening between the beginning and the end. And another important thing, that it isn't way too predictable. This episode wasn't too predictable, but if they only had done so The Lord Protectors assistant (played by Peter Woodward) a little more misleading it would have been great. Just so you wouldn't know what he was planning, I loved the dialog, and the guest cast was perfect. As always the core actors did a fine job. This show just keeps getting better.

Episode 16

I thought this episode was done well. THe whole mind possession scenario has been done so many times it is kind of getting old. It was nice to see Caldwell back after his Goul'd ordeal and turn about is fair play after Weir and Shepard's minds are taken over. They did well playing off of one another and trying to kill another deal, however, I think John and Aeryn of Farscape did it best. Also, I think they should have shown Ronon at the end after surgery. The kiss between Weir and Shepard is a start and they were aware of what was going on even though they were possessed.

Episode 17

This episode marks the return of my favorite group of people in this series the Genii. They are sometimes not the brightest bunch but this time they manage to outsmart the Atlantis team. Ladon is a great and smart character. His banter with Sheppard in the beginning was funny most of all was what he wanted for the ZPM.
LADON: I need about a hundred machine guns, a couple of dozen grenades and any C4 that you have to spare.
SHEPPARD: Sounds like you're having a party.

Episode 18

It's good to see a familiar face from another show, but other than that it was another great episode. Rodney's parts were top notch again, and the storyline, though a bit pestimistic about not being able to get rid of the wraith even though they got rid of the wraith in a person produced a new good storyline for future episodes, would be really neat to get that girl back again that took it originally and it went bad on her.

Thread