Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Atlantis Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 19

A pretty good episode. It was a nice change from episodes focusing on Sheppard or one of the other characters. McKay just rocked in this episode. It was fun to see him trying and failing to hit on Norina. Quotes from this episode are pretty funny and made me laugh more than a few times. The episode was also good for another reason and that would be because of the Orion. so overall a very good episode to watch with loads of good moments

Episode 20

This was a great end to the season. It had great suspense, action, and humor. It had me on the edge of my seat from the start waiting to see what the Wraiths true plan was. The battles between the Daedalus and the hive ships were great. The humor was classic from McKay’s “He was guiding me down the hall, not sucking the life out of my shoulder!” to the banter between McKay and Hermiod. And the cliffhanger was awesome with two hive ships on their way to Earth with McKay and Ronon onboard

Stargate Atlantis Season 3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything Season 3 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 12-4-2010 21:52 ]

Episode 1

This was one of the best season premiers i've ever seen, I loved how they showed the Daedalus battle from last season again and showed us what really happened. For instance how when last season they made it seem that Sheppard was possibly destroyed by two Darts they revealed that in truth he really was saved by the pilot of another F-302 who fired on and destroyed the Darts for him. Then I loved that when he noticed that the ships were going to jump into hyperspace and escape he managed to latch himself onto the hive ship untill it dropped out of hyperspace. Then I loved how McKay was all "we're all going to die " and "I'm going to be responsible for the destruction of my own planet," while Ronon was all "shut up there's still hope" and when McKay made the comment about being responsible for the destruction of Earth "well if it was anyone it was going to be you". Then I liked how Michael helped Sheppard disable the hive ship's hyperdrive. That was what he was trying to do in the first place out there and he finally succeded in doing it before being captured. I like how Michael then helped him escape and disabled the ships jamming codes so that the Daedalus could beam over a nuke but it didn't quite work because the Daedalus had already fired off all of its nukes. Then I liked how they actually captured the hive ship instead of destroying it. I also liked how the Orion actually destroyed the other one but I disliked how it was also destroyed in the process

Episode 2

I loved this episode, They wrap up the whole "there's two Wraith hive ships that are able to get to and destroy Earth" thing. They destroyed one and captured the other but now both are destroyed. That hive ship was the only ship left in that galxy that could reach Earth besides the Daedalus so I was glad to see it destroyed. I also liked the part where they are able to fly the ship themselves although it is very limited and drop the Wraith turned into humans on that planet. That was a smart decision although they later came to regret it. I liked how when the going got tough they improvised, Like when the Daedalus' hyperdrives were offline they towed it back to Atlantis with the hive ship which I thought was pretty cool. Also I liked that when their failsafe failed they opened fire on the Wraith camp and destroyed it with the former Wraiths hive ship... Now that's ironic. While I agree that destroying the hive ship was a good idea I think that they should have kept it around for a couple of more episodes or had it be destroyed in battle with another hive ship destroying that one as it went down instead of just being blasted to pieces. I also hope that no Wraith survived that attack on the camp

Episode 3

This was great. I was spitting water through my nose as I watched this. I loved how everyone just gets really, really stupid and silly. It's fun to have an EP where everyone can just kick back their feet ... well, kinda kick back their feet. I think it's just fun. When everyone started going ... well, nuts, I was really confused, but it was funny to see Ronon giggle. And the candle-in-a-gourd thing was too good. It was great when everyone gathered around it and smiled like crazy. That was crazy. Really, truly, completely nuts. I think this EP was just something to give the fans a good laugh. Though I would not put it in my favorites, by any means, I laughed a lot during this EP and

Episode 4

I love how I got to see into Ronon's past. It was nice, because before, all we knew about him was that he was a military officer on a planet called Sateda. Now we know a lot about him. I would personally love to see more into all of the characters past, and I would like a lot more development on them. This EP really made me like Ronon more. Before, to me, he was just a big guy who was made in Teal'c's image. (Big muscles, silent type of guy and was introduced into teh show trying to kill our main characters.) Now, he seems more like a stand-out character. And in this EP we don't only see development on Ronon. I think it was a big step up for Sheppards character to admit out-loud that he would do anything for anyone on his team. I mean, sure, we already knew he felt that way, but him saying it out-loud (Kinda) was a big step for him. I also think that it showed just exactly bad he is with feelings. (Reminds me of O'Neill.) This was a wonderful EP all in all, and I could watch it a hundred times over!

Episode 5

A decent plot, seeing as how SG-1 has dealt with replicators this was an easy sell for Atlantis. They pulled it off quite convincingly and with consistency (the deadly mind probes that fooled Sheppard and the rest). In the end, McKay saves the day by coming up with a plan to destroy but they leave the door open for Replicators coming back. Overall, this was a great episode filled with humor and action.

Episode 6

This was a great Atlantis episode, and mainly because it broke formula. It was very character driven, giving us an internal look at Elizabeth, while also advancing the new Replicator story. It showed us how malevolent this new enemy is. Elizabeth's relationship with her mother also gave us a new perspective into her life. Every show does their 'crazy' episode, from Star Trek to Buffy, so it was interesting seeing Dr Weir fight for what she fundamentally believed was the truth. It was also great that Richard Dean Anderson stopped by, almost as if it was a new beginning for Weir.
Overall, a great story

Episode 7

This was amazing episode. First it looked like another genii trouble episode, but the outcome, the shocking events on this episode and the way it was worked out - surprising. First the thing, that it looked first time, geniis really did and said the truth. Then, the events on that prison. The unexpected prison mate for Sheppard and the way he become older and older - and their escape plan. That was the best wraith after Steve. The friendship they had, it looks like impossible but they did managed to work together for common enemy and the angle that part of this episode opened to us - to show us that somepart, the wraith are just like humans - they have their code of honor, they too want to survive. They just have different perspective and different menu.

Episode 8

This was lovely episode - all the different parallel universes and the change that maybe they could get themselves a ZPM. This time there was no destroyed galaxy but it would have been the whole universe. I loved the way the episode start, they appearance of Carter and then they way McKay's sister was brought it and they introduced her the whole new world, she has not known. I loved the shocking effect and the way it was played out. Also, the whole thing with McKay from another universe, who was so nice... It just adore the idea of the parallel existence and they found so great storyline - meeting with yourself from other universe. The only thing, I could little dislike, would be.. the episode could have been more intense.. some more motion.

Episode 9

I thought this episode was great. I liked how they took an old idea, the "everybody's gone bonkers" routine and made it new. The twist was using it to develop backstory on a character that needed it. I thought the writing was excellent on this episode and the acting superb. This REALLY has been the best season of Atlantis. I do now see, with this episode, where people are debating: Sheppard-Weir (or Shweir) or Sheppard-Teyla (Sheyla). I'm leaning more towards the former than the latter but either is nice. Teyla has that way of getting to Sheppard. They should develop this relationship more, like what was seen in this episode. "I can't believe you shot me" -- As usual, another Rodney one liner that leaves me LOL. Good work!

Episode 10

This episode had it all, it summed up why I like the stargate franchise and had me glued to the screen for the whole hour. The cliffhanger was a good one, one which I can not wait 6 months for but with Sci-fi's crappy scheduling we have to wait. Obviously they will get out of it and im sure in 2 episodes time everything will be back to normal. But I hope some of the atlantians make it out of this alive and we can use there knowledge etc. It was good to see ONeill again but I wish theyd have given him a little more screen time, i.e. make him the main character instead of comic relief. But thats unfair to the regular cast.

Episode 11

This episode is in my opinon the best one of the season. I liked this better than part 1. What made this episode so much more likable was the fact that it had Richard Dean Anderson returning as General Jack O'Neill. Sure he was in the last episode but in this episode it was classic O'Neill. The under water scene getting captured by the bad guys, that is all old school O'Neill. When you have O'Neill you have to have his famous lines like "I like to close my eyes and think of England." and then "That sounds more like a plan F to me you know as in we're totally...." But this was a thrilling conclusion and everyone had something to do even Woolsey

Episode 12

I liked this. The idea how the events first looked so chaotic and there seemed to be no merging story - just some flashes and events, giving us idea that this maybe a lovely filler episode. In some way it was - specially the lovely part. I loved the whale idea - that the thing that looked to be problem, was just a warning for much bigger problem. So I would say, there was many surprises and those moments when something unexpected happened - like Elizabeth fainting in the middle of conversation and McKay on the jumper, But the dynamic and motion - it was not too intense and on some moment, maybe too slow - so that could be the weak side of this episode - not very intense storyline and action.

Episode 13

The highlight of this episode for me was the death of Kolya. He made a good adversary in The Storm and The Eye but after that he got boring. It was good to see him taken out of the picture at last. He lasted a lot longer than Cowen, who finally met his end in Coup D'etat. As adversaries go Cowen was much better but I think he would have got boring too. The main focus of this plot was Lucius. I wasn’t fond of Irresistible so was surprised that this episode amused me. Thankfully Lucius wasn’t using some plant extract to get people to like him but he was still running a con. By using an Ancient personal shield he managed to convince a village that he was a hero. Luckily the Atlantis team investigate and Lucius eventually loses his edge. I hope this is the last we see of him.

Episode 14

This episode was good but I do not think it was so brilliant as many have thought. It offered so much new, opened a new perspective to McKay and show us two new side of him - totally genius and hyper super egoist one and the second one - caring, and really doing and saying what he thoughts. So, for character development it was great. The storyline itself - the way he was gaining more and more.. maybe the irony of you got all the knowledges but you are not able to use them - the beauty of the mind. The story was great but all the wining from McKay - it can drive crazy. And the end - when he was dying, grasped Beckett and then had told what to do to save him.. Great ending.

Episode 15

This episode - it was so different and even though it had a lot of action and the character action, mostly it was not about them. It was the ideological dilemma and somehow the whole episode tried to answer to the question McKay asked at the start of the episode. It was so complicated theme and the way they solved it - it really looked so exploding. They way the game went... the idea that the game was not a game but became something larger - it was reality and the hostility between two cultures was their to blame. The angle, the idea this episode show - that people who know not much, can ruin and guide others.. what wrong can they done... super!

Episode 16

This episode was impressive from all points of view...One has the opportunity of seeing Sheppard doing everything he can to save Teyla...in this episode he is portrayed as a bloody super hero...This guy has been presented in quite a few episodes as doing everything he can to make the impossible possible...Another thing that made me enjoy a lot this episode was its dramatism...one doesn't know what is going to happen until the last moment(i thought that it was possible for Teyla and Sheppard to parish as Beckett did)...really this is a true magnificent episode...it is so ahead of it's time...also seeing Dr. Beckett was a nice surprise.

Episode 17

In this episode Dr. Beckett dies and this is also a very emotional for the character as well as the audience. This episode shows the characters interacting with each other without the restrictions of the mission. It was also very funny to see Sheppard and Ronon talking and playing golf. We also learn that Col Sheppard was once married and Ronon was once engaged. This episode was the one where the audience learns more about the characters including the way Dr Weir feels about dating a person on Atlantis, Maj Lorne's family and interest in painting, McKay's relationship and Telya's feelings for a guy. This is one of the great episodes and a must watch for any fan or any one interested in the show.

Thread