Thread
Printable Version

Samantha Who Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Samantha Who Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

well i have seen the first 5 episodes so let's start a discussion,

i think it's a nice show and can you imagine wake up one day and having no memory of last 30 years i loved how the show explore what it's like losing your memory and when she has her flashback i find them interesting because she's not the same person.. her relationship with her parent are funny   

it makes me wonder what i'm like-what would i be like if i lost my memories and try to figure out what are my favourite shows?-can you imagine not remember this site?

back to this show, Christina Applegate is fantastic actress i like her role in this show and she can do comedy. episode 4 was so funny-can you imagine not remembering your first time?-suppose that hard. Episode 5 guy who keep running away. poor guy doesn't know she lost her memory and way she acted was so funny like a stalker.

suzi from gilmore girls-she not bad in this show and not a bad actress.

going hunting with her dad ending up in jail

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-12-2015 22:53 ]
Recent Ratings
  • themegababe Points +4 thanks for starting this up, Bala! 12-7-2007 15:30

Reply #1 bala's post

Sometimes I wish I could lose the memory of my favourite shows, then I could watch them again with a fresh outlook. I do like to re-watch my favourite shows but it's never the same as the first time you see them!

As for this show, I have only watched the first two episodes so far but I quite like it. I'm interested to see where they're going to go with it - I would have thought there'd only be so much you could do with this storyline. I'll definitely be watching more.
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Reply #1 bala's post

Bala, have you seen the movie "Overboard" with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell? Samantha Who is kind of a more pc version of that story. In the movie Goldie was a spoiled rich witch and Kurt a hired hand she abused - when she had lost her memory, he claimed to be her husband and took her home to his kids.

13 going on 30 then was the story in reverse - wow, I've became a total jerk? How'd that happen?

The scene where Samantha picked up a dress and asked "I have a daughter"? especially recalled the movie Overboard. There she picked up a dress and asked "I was fat?... and short?" :lol

That char from GG was called Sookie, btw. Pretended to be a best friend like Sandra Bullock pretended to be the gf of the comatose guy in whatwasthetitle movie b/c she wanted to be part of the family just like "Sookie" wants to be part of Samantha's life now. I wonder how much we're going to see of her.

I'm enjoying this show a great deal, it's so much fun! Even though I sometimes do wonder how that amnesia really works - like, what she can remember and what she can't. Not all of it seems to make much sense. Not that I care, too much fun!!

This is probably the most funnest new comedy on TV right now (pardon my English). Of course, The Big Bang Theory is still waiting for me to watch it. Christina Applegate is SO good in this series and she's just the right person to play it. My favorite episode has to be the wedding one or the stalker one. I loved how she wanted to be friends with Valerie and ended up ruining her marriage. And then the stalker one..."I'm not a stalker!" even though she broke into his car. ABC picked a show that can get great ratings and still be a fantastic show, unlike Cavemen, which cannot do either. How many seasons does everybody think this will last? I'm guessing 9 or 10 because I am OPTIMISTIC.

Funniest quote from Samantha Who? - The Restraining Order:
Sam: What'd you get busted for? (asking 10 year old)
Kid: Breaking into a car.
Sam: I can do that! But...it's not the right thing to do.

Official Episode Discussion for "The Hypnotherapist"

Ok...so you can post thoughts here on the latest episode of Samantha Who?

By the way, this is my favorite episode mainly because I haven't laughed at a TV show for a long time. Anybody agree with me? The smoking thing and especially the "Annie" thing made me laugh very hard.
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +2 Good thread discussion! 11-20-2007 19:53

Reply #1 redsoxpatriot30's post

Over the past couple of days I've watched all 6 episodes.  I agree, this is a funny show.  There aren't too many comedies right now that I find amusing, but this is definitely one of them.  Christina Applegate + Jean Smart w/dash of Melissa McCarthy = Good Combination.

This episode, though funny, wasn't my favourite.  I figured out right away that it was Annie she was talking about...probably because I love musical theater and recognized the gold locket.  I'm a bit of a nerd that way.   Her efforts to smoke were hilarious!  If that wouldn't put someone off smoking, I don't know what would...AND her use of the microwave...too funny.

Glad to meet another fan...and a fella too.   Good taste!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #1 redsoxpatriot30's post

Is it me or is Jean Smart everyones mom. she has this role down pat. She mixes nurturing and smothering just right .with dash of judgment. Nice to have a show with seasoned actors to bring comedy back.
prepare for the worse hope for the best

Jean Smart does a good job, while being funny, of playing a mom. The night after the premiere, I was thinking, "Should I watch this or pass?" I ended up watching and liking it. I would never have thought of Annie because half of my mind is in break mode so the golden locket thing or the "tall bald man" wouldn't have sparked anything.

Reply #3 ms.smith's post

The Sandra Bullock movie was "While You Were Sleeping".

I agree with everyone.  This is a good show.  I only discovered it this week, and watched all the episodes in 2 sittings.  It's smart and funny, a rare combination these days.

I too found the stalker episode hilarious.  To stalk someone to let them know you're not stalking them anymore...priceless!

I hope it lasts too.  This and The Big Bang Theory are the only new comedies I have seen....nothing else looked remotely funny.  Neither of them have disappointed.  The only other American "sitcom" I watch is How I Met Your Mother.  It's nice to have some laughter back on network television.

p.s. I'm not counting the comedy/dramas...which have extremely funny moments in this assessment.

Reply #5 waterlilybarb's post

i'm avoiding big bang theory is the worst sitcom of the year

that my honest opinion i would post how awful it is but given fact this site is positive biased which you guys try deny but it's true.

Reply #6 bala's post

You're welcome to your opinion.  There are many shows our site carries that I don't like.  Since others obviously do enjoy them I feel no need to go in those forums just to vent my distaste.  There are plenty of positive things to discuss, which is just more enjoyable for everyone.

Now, if a show I enjoy deals with a controversial topic or runs a storyline that I don't like, I enjoy discussing that with fellow fans.  To just post that I don't like a show seems pointless.

Reply 7#7 waterlilybarb's post

yes hence why i refined from posting on it

Reply 1#1 redsoxpatriot30's post

i just watch this episode few hours ago i forgot about this until i look episode update here it was so i thought the thing i really liked about this episode was the fact that she didn't know that was her place , i mean only reason boyfriend told her was because he had to tell her-can you imagine finding out that you owned an apartment.

Reply 5#5 bala's post

I liked how at the end, when she said hypnotherapy was a waste of time and the doorman said he didn't think so...he noticed she came down on the elevator.

p.s. I love that the doorman is Tuvok from Voyager.

Reply 6#6 waterlilybarb's post

thank you it was bugging me where i seen him before

Reply 7#7 bala's post

No worries...I hate when that happens too.  There are times when I have to phone a friend to ask where I recognize someone from.  It drives me crazy when I can't remember.

Reply #8 waterlilybarb's post

Sometimes it takes me maybe thirty seconds. But others take sometimes a couple minutes. Until I figure out who that person is or where they're from, my brain zones out of whatever I'm watching.

Reply 9#9 redsoxpatriot30's post

It happened to me while watching the newest episode of Numb3rs.  I actually had to search online to find out where I recognized one of the guests from.  It was from "Living With Fran".   No one I know would have known that, so it's just as well I did the search myself...especially because I missed his name in the opening credits.
p.s. It was Ben Feldman.

i liked the new episode and i hope new guy stay with samatha stays .

Reply 9#9 bala's post

I liked it too.  What I hope is that she and her ex will eventually get back together.  Like she said, 'If only you had amnesia too, we'd make a great couple'...or something to that effect.  If he gets to know the new Samantha, he might be able to trust her and they could start from scratch.  In the meantime, I like the new guy too.  At least he's nice...and easy on the eyes to boot.

Thread