Thread
Printable Version

Samantha Who Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #1 bala's post

Bala, have you seen the movie "Overboard" with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell? Samantha Who is kind of a more pc version of that story. In the movie Goldie was a spoiled rich witch and Kurt a hired hand she abused - when she had lost her memory, he claimed to be her husband and took her home to his kids.

13 going on 30 then was the story in reverse - wow, I've became a total jerk? How'd that happen?

The scene where Samantha picked up a dress and asked "I have a daughter"? especially recalled the movie Overboard. There she picked up a dress and asked "I was fat?... and short?" :lol

That char from GG was called Sookie, btw. Pretended to be a best friend like Sandra Bullock pretended to be the gf of the comatose guy in whatwasthetitle movie b/c she wanted to be part of the family just like "Sookie" wants to be part of Samantha's life now. I wonder how much we're going to see of her.

I'm enjoying this show a great deal, it's so much fun! Even though I sometimes do wonder how that amnesia really works - like, what she can remember and what she can't. Not all of it seems to make much sense. Not that I care, too much fun!!

Thread