27 12
Thread
Printable Version

Samantha Who Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #1 redsoxpatriot30's post

Over the past couple of days I've watched all 6 episodes.  I agree, this is a funny show.  There aren't too many comedies right now that I find amusing, but this is definitely one of them.  Christina Applegate + Jean Smart w/dash of Melissa McCarthy = Good Combination.

This episode, though funny, wasn't my favourite.  I figured out right away that it was Annie she was talking about...probably because I love musical theater and recognized the gold locket.  I'm a bit of a nerd that way.   Her efforts to smoke were hilarious!  If that wouldn't put someone off smoking, I don't know what would...AND her use of the microwave...too funny.

Glad to meet another fan...and a fella too.   Good taste!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #3 ms.smith's post

The Sandra Bullock movie was "While You Were Sleeping".

I agree with everyone.  This is a good show.  I only discovered it this week, and watched all the episodes in 2 sittings.  It's smart and funny, a rare combination these days.

I too found the stalker episode hilarious.  To stalk someone to let them know you're not stalking them anymore...priceless!

I hope it lasts too.  This and The Big Bang Theory are the only new comedies I have seen....nothing else looked remotely funny.  Neither of them have disappointed.  The only other American "sitcom" I watch is How I Met Your Mother.  It's nice to have some laughter back on network television.

p.s. I'm not counting the comedy/dramas...which have extremely funny moments in this assessment.

Reply #6 bala's post

You're welcome to your opinion.  There are many shows our site carries that I don't like.  Since others obviously do enjoy them I feel no need to go in those forums just to vent my distaste.  There are plenty of positive things to discuss, which is just more enjoyable for everyone.

Now, if a show I enjoy deals with a controversial topic or runs a storyline that I don't like, I enjoy discussing that with fellow fans.  To just post that I don't like a show seems pointless.

Reply 5#5 bala's post

I liked how at the end, when she said hypnotherapy was a waste of time and the doorman said he didn't think so...he noticed she came down on the elevator.

p.s. I love that the doorman is Tuvok from Voyager.

Reply 7#7 bala's post

No worries...I hate when that happens too.  There are times when I have to phone a friend to ask where I recognize someone from.  It drives me crazy when I can't remember.

Reply 9#9 redsoxpatriot30's post

It happened to me while watching the newest episode of Numb3rs.  I actually had to search online to find out where I recognized one of the guests from.  It was from "Living With Fran".   No one I know would have known that, so it's just as well I did the search myself...especially because I missed his name in the opening credits.
p.s. It was Ben Feldman.

Reply 9#9 bala's post

I liked it too.  What I hope is that she and her ex will eventually get back together.  Like she said, 'If only you had amnesia too, we'd make a great couple'...or something to that effect.  If he gets to know the new Samantha, he might be able to trust her and they could start from scratch.  In the meantime, I like the new guy too.  At least he's nice...and easy on the eyes to boot.

Reply 1#1 redsoxpatriot30's post

Just thought I'd show you someone else is watching too.  Check back after you watch the episode.  I'd love to hear what you think.
Quote:
Originally posted by waterlilybarb at 11-27-2007 17:41  

I liked it too.  What I hope is that she and her ex will eventually get back together.  Like she said, 'If only you had amnesia too, we'd make a great couple'...or something to that effect.  If he gets to know the new Samantha, he might be able to trust her and they could start from scratch.  In the meantime, I like the new guy too.  At least he's nice...and easy on the eyes to boot.   

Reply 1#1 redsoxpatriot30's post

Thanks for starting the thread.  I forgot there was a new episode this week, since I was out on Monday night.

As for "The Car", it was a good episode.  This show just gets better and better.  We learned a little more about Sam's Mom, and where she got her evil streak.  Her Dad is such a sweet fella, and even more so in this episode.

Reply 11#11 themegababe's post

I just watched the new episode and the new guy is old news.  Too bad, but her trying to rush things would scare most guys off.  

As for Todd not telling her it was her apartment, that was shady, but maybe he thought it was payback for how rotten she treated him in the past.  I'm not saying that's a good reason...just a possibility.

Reply 36#36 redsoxpatriot30's post

That's a good one! lol  Too bad only one more episode is "in the can".  I sure hope this strike is over soon.  As much as I sympathize with the writers, I miss my shows.

Reply 54#54 Milks26's post

I think Sam had it spot on when she told Todd he had a type.  His new girlfriend is a nutjob - kinda like the old Sam.   The thing that puzzles me, though I understand why she's living at home, is why she let him move his girlfriend into her apartment.  He's pushing his luck on that front.

As for the friends, Andrea is the little devil on Sam's shoulder, while Dena is the little angel on her other one (so to speak).  Her mother is just wacky, which is awesome.  I love Jean Smart in roles like this.

Anyway, the debate you and bala had going today was rather amusing.  Thanks for the giggle..well, smile, since I don't have voice enough to laugh right now.

Reply 70#70 kwargalla's post

I must concur...the ending WAS great, and I was clapping along with you.  It took him getting jealous to remember ow he felt/feels about Sam.  But I also agree that it makes NO sense that Todd & his girlfriend are still living in her apartment.

Also, thank you for IDing the suitor.  I recognized him, but could not remember where I knew him from.

Reply 85#85 bala's post

I don't agree that Sam hasn't changed.  She isn't going to do a complete 180, but she HAS made changes for the better.  

Episode 1x13 - The Gallery

The new episode is funny.  I love the twist of her past interaction with Craig.   Sam's Dad was hilarious, and Todd's revelation was quite interesting.  I also LOVED how Dena dealt with Andrea's "practical joke".

Back when everyone else has had a chance to see it.

Reply 88#88 bala's post

I agree with Milks - you're reading far too much into it.  You're bringing up the whole nature vs nurture debate, which is an interesting one, but this IS a comedy show.  The main idea of it is, not only showing Sam recover her memory, but how, as she does, she deals with the conflicting sides of her nature.

Dena and the boss are most definitely an odd couple, but I'm loving how her character is developing.  She's funnier all the time.

Reply 94#94 Milks26's post

I loved it too.   I agree, it's too soon for Sam & Todd to get back together, but there's still plenty of fodder for humorous situations.  Dena & Andrea crack me up, and Jean Smart is awesome as Regina.  She plays that kind of white-trash kind of character to perfection.  It's funny, because even though they aren't a trashy family, that's how she comes across, and I love it.

Reply 98#98 bala's post

Yes, the flashback was showing Regina had a job back then too, though Sam also thought then that she was having an affair.

Reply 102#102 bala's post

I haven't had a chance yet, (and I forgot to yesterday).  I've only been here for about an hour.  (off to post in House)

Reply 107#107 Milks26's post

I too loved how it ended.  Hopefully, with the reintroductions, Sam & Todd will be able to start afresh next season.

Regina And Andrea were a hoot!  And Sam's Dad wanting to go to a "city" party was cute.  I also liked how our oh so friendly doorman came to the party and then got after Regina for not making enough food.

All in all, a good season finale.  I hope next season we get a full schedule of shows, as it just wasn't enough this season.

Reply 110#110 bala's post

Considering she used to be a cheater herself, I think she realizes people CAN change, if they really want to.  I actually hope they start out as friends getting to know each other again when next season begins.

27 12
Thread