Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #10 funny-girl101's post

neither can i

Season-4x01 (Spoilers if not seen)

ok, let start discussing all i can say was there were a few surprises but i don't mederith is going learn her lesson with Derek and it was so predictable she hook back with him. anyway lexi grey i really wanted to hate her but after what she did for george i like her that was very nice.

if it wasn't bad one emotically resident than come along izzy would try bring a deer back to life, sweetie you are doctor not a vet . could they make her even more desperate.

All in all i have to say it was ok episode mind you the thing mcsteamy said to derek was so funny .just went you think humour couldn't get any funnier they pull that line.

Reply #1 bala's post

The beginning where all the new residents are saying the five rules to their interns and Lexie saying "You said five rules, that was only four," was funny, but also kinda...cheesy, I think. It's like they're trying so hard to make the show funny again. But the Mark line was pretty funny "I wish I can take it back now, but it's out there already."

All in all, it was a good episode. Can't wait for next week's episode. And yay for Meredith and Derek getting back together.

I agree, I think they were trying too hard, and TOO much had changed from last season, it was kind of awkward.

I also think there's a big 'hole' left where Addison and Burke used to be. I still can't quite comprehend WHY they let Addison leave, they could have done so much with her character (a possible re-kindling with Derek???)

Everyone sorta got on my nerves this episode too!

But, I have high hopes for this season! I can't wait to see next week either!

I am happy to see George and Izzy together /waits for rotten fruit to fly. I know a lot of people don't like them together but I do. Although what is with the men in this series? Can none of them keep it in their pants?? Alex is probably the most stable one and thats kind of scary no?
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply #4 silver1978's post

SPOILERS, HIGHLIGHT IF YOU WANT TO SEE

That is kind of scary. I really hope we get to know Alex better this season. For the past 3 seasons, we didn't even know where he lived at..until he moved in with Meredith and Izzie. I heard they're going to make Lexie and Alex a couple and Rebecca is apparently going to re-appear around episode 4, so that'll cause a love triangle.

Reply #5 funny-girl101's post

thanks for the spoiler

Reply #5 funny-girl101's post

Spoiler I guess

Funny-girl, Was that a joke? I thought this whole thread was was a discussion from Season 4 episode 1 and as long as we stayed with in that topic we didn't need to highlight, but it's your board if you want them, I'll oblige

Anyway, I thought the premier was great, it was very much what I expected. How could it not have come off as anything,  but awkward,. They are all starting as new residents, Meredith meets her half sis, both Meredith and Christina are starting w/o Burke & Derick (well we know what happened there) and Meredeth finds out that she isn't the girl in the bar anymore. I thought the way they all tried to steal Baileys rules was great and funny, of course they haven't mastered it (these are their first interns). Who would Izzie be, if she didn't save that dear, that's Izzie. I've seen a lot of Dr's on other shows, save animals for kids, I thought it was great. As for the hole felt where Burke & Addison were, that would be felt in a true to life hospital or any situation. I think that what all you are calling awkwardness, is just exactly how it should have felt. It's a new life for them and for us to get used to. They'll find their rhythm soon and we'll all pick up the beat. It's going to be fantastic, that's my 2cents

Oh, and I have been waiting for George and Lizzie to happen for a long time.........You go girl!!  

i loved the premier but i dont like that meredith hooked up with derek....i dont like derek for some reason. the show has charm though. i love the humor and how much they were enjoying being residents and having interns. i think this season has good potential.

reasons i think this is going to be a good season:

1.christina has to deal with burke being gone. maybe she will meet someone new, maybe burke will come back and complicate things for her if she does find someone else.(does anyone know if burke is permanently off the show? maybe he'll guest star or something...)

2.meredith works in the same place as her half-sister whom she has never met until now. they both were "the girl at the bar" with derek. maybe merediths sister will get with derek. i think there will be some guy drama with derek.

3. mark and derek might become friends again. it seemed like derek was going to give him another chance.

4. bailey is jealous that callie got the job she wanted. so there will be tension between them.

5. callie is going to try to get everyones respect. residents will probably start disliking her.

6. alex said he was going to go see rebecca so maybe they will form a relationship.

7. george told izzie he loves her. will he divorce callie and get together with izzie? what if callie is pregnant and george stays with her to be responsible? if he goes with izzie then it will be awkward with callie having to work with both of them.

8. maybe we will get to know the interns more instead of just merediths sister. and who knows what they will bring to the show.

9. i wonder if mark will get with anyone since he was always a man whore but with addison gone who knows if he will move on or not.

Reply #7 gypsiegirl66's post

I agree that awkwardness is normal considering what happened, but I meant the writing was awkward, though. In the sense that I think the writers were just trying too hard this episode, ya know?

But I am optimistic!

Oh, and I forgot to say before that I really liked the scene with Cristina and Alex-- like you guys said, we are just starting to get a chance to know Alex, and it was nice to see two of my favorite characters connecting in such a heartbreaking scene!

Reply #9 studiojek's post

I just hope they don't 'connect' in another way, let's hope all the characters are developed further as individuals before they start bed hopping again

Reply #7 gypsiegirl66's post

The "spoiler" part (highlightable part) isn't something that happened in episode 4x01. It's about something that might happen in the upcoming episodes. I read the spoiler on tvguide.com and I've come across people that do not like to have the upcoming episodes/events spoiled for them. So, I thought I should've made it invisible in case there are people on this board that do not like to read spoilers.

Reply #10 gymcoach's post

True! Though I admit I had that thought when I saw them sitting talking! Ya never know!

Reply #12 studiojek's post

Trying to get that image out of my head. I love both characters, and their friendship would probably be a hilarious one, but more than a friendship between Alex and Cristina? Please no.

I thought it was a great episode, until the last 10 seconds.  (which didn't work on my tivo so i had to run over here quick. haha).  but yeah.  I have never been a george/izzie fan, but I feel like I am the only one.  I am a strong fan of commitment and sticking together.... George has a wife.  

I did not like Lexi, but she did change my thoughts a little with the George thing.  I think she is the one that we don't want to like, but end up loving.  Kind of how Addison was.  Did we not all hate her in Season 1 (only the last episode) and the beginning of 2, but now we are all sad to see her go!  haha

Oh, and I like Meredith and Derek.  I'm one of the few.  haha

Reply #14 themegababe's post

One of the few to like Meredith and Derek? Seriously!? They're referred to as Grey's' "power couple". I think lots of people are Meredith/Derek supporters (myself included )

George and Izzie...I just feel like they should stay best friends. I believe that a guy and a girl can be best friends without having feelings for each other. And of course, the whole George-is-married-to-Callie thing doesn't help either.

Reply #15 funny-girl101's post

True, i think they could stay best friends, I do think they're probably confusing their relationship for something else.

Their love scene sort of grossed me out actually..they are just a weird couple!!!

(yeah, Alex and Cristina would gross me out, too...I guess I'm sensitive!!!!)

Reply #2 funny-girl101's post

What's even funnier is that Meredith pointed out the exact same thing on the Pilot episode during their first day as interns.
DR. BAILEY: I have 5 rules. Memorize them. Rule number 1.  Don’t bother sucking up. I already hate you, that’s not gonna change. (points to the desk) Trauma protocol. Phone lists. Pagers. Nurses will page you.

(They grab their stuff of the desk as Dr. Bailey starts walking away. They rush to follow.)

DR. BAILEY: You answer every page at a run.  A run! That’s rule number 2. Your first shift starts now and lasts 48 hours.

[HOUR 1 flashes across the screen]

DR. BAILEY: Your interns, grunts, nobodies, bottom of the surgical food chain. You run labs, write orders, work every second night until you drop and don’t complain.

(She leads to them to the on call room)

DR. BAILEY: On call rooms. Attendings hog them. Sleep when you can, where you can. Which brings me to rule number 3. If I’m sleeping, don’t wake me unless your patient is actually dying. Rule number 4. The dying patient better not be dead when I get there. Not only will you have killed someone, you would have woke me for no good reason. We clear?

(Meredith raises her hand)

DR. BAILEY: Yes?

MEREDITH: You said five rules. That was only … four.

(Dr. Bailey’s pager goes off)

DR. BAILEY: Rule number five. When I move, you move. (She starts running down the hall, yelling at doctors). Get out of my way!

That's also why Cristina was so disappointed when her pager didn't go off right after.

Reply #17 angel17halo's post

Yeah, exactly. It was a nice little nod to the pilot episode, but it just felt kind of weird and...awkward when the 4 of them said it. Bailey did a better job.

Okay you might be right.  but a lot of people in this thread seemed anti mer and der and pro izzie and george.

Thread