Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #3 themegababe's post

bring it another level-the relationship was suppose to be a fling?

right?

Reply #4 bala's post

i think they were supposed to be serious before.  but now that they broke up they are supposed to be just having breakup sex.  a fling.  oh well

I love they're like trying to bring back stuff from season 2 and 3. Last week, really old guy. This week, Camille. It was so obvious that they changed the actress playing Camille though, but oh well.

Izzie - The "I'm a streetfighter" scene was hilarious. But I'm Team Callie on the whole Izzie-George-Callie triangle thing. I don't know...I've never liked Callie that much, but it's obvious that she loves George (more than he loves her, actually) and what Izzie and George did was wrong.

Alex - Izzie and Alex possibility! I'm a fan of those two, but have you seen the promo for next week's episode? Izzie and Alex might not happen...

George - He was hilarious in the beginning. "Have to find Izzie!" I hope this whole Izzie/George/Callie mess gets straightened out soon.

Meredith and Derek - Sigh. Seriously, when Derek told her that he wants to marry Meredith, the look on her face was priceless. I think he does want to marry her and spend his life with her and stuff. But she's obviously NOT ready and the writers are probably making way for the new love interest to come in, I guess. "What if I meet someone along the way who is ready to give me the things I want with you?" It's sad how these two can never be together for good. There's always gotta be something that breaks them up.

Note: This post has been suppressed by system since the author has been banned or deleted.

When Callie first told George "I forgive you", my roommate and I both screamed.  We were so mad at her.  First of all what he did is not the kind of thing that goes away with those three little words, and second of all, I really want  to see Izzy and George together.  Even if it doesn't end up lasting, I'd like to see how it turns out.

I have mixed feelings on Alex.  When Izzy first told him, I could tell if he was mad because he was jealous, or mad just because he's Alex and George is George.  You could see that Izzy was going through a lot and she really needed someone to talk to, and although Alex ended up being nice in the end with the Kleenex, she needed him to come to his senses sooner.

I'm glad the chief realized that going into another round of treatment with his niece was not the right thing to do.  I'm just sorry it sacreficed his new building relationship with Adele.  I hope they end up working things out in the end.  He was just so happy before when they started dating again.  He did the right thing though.

I was so surprise with Derek! I always wanted the two of them to end up in a happy, healthy relationship, and I really though they were heading that way (they were a better "non-couple" than couple so i though that would help meredith get over her commitment issues).  Even though I loved Derek for coming out and telling Meredith his true feelings, I feel it was two step backwards for them.  The "48 uninterrupted hours" was a huge leap for Meredith.  I just hope he didn't scare her away again.

Oh and props to Lexie for standing up to Christina!

Calliegh: I feel totally sorry for her, and if this had been a marriage that had bee built on trust and out of true love, Id say fight for your life. However, George never really loved her, this was something he did to get over the loss of his father. she needs to see that and let him go, they'll never find happiness.

Izzie: I was so ready to see someones butt get kicked, "I grew up in a trailer park" was classic. I'd like to see Izzie & George get together at least for a while & sow their oats, so to speak (nothing good can last forever on tv).

Merideth & Derick: She really is just too emotionally stunted for any relationship, if she can't see how great Derick is by now. Wow, I have thought about packing it up, to go throw myself at him many times, then I remember, how great my hubby is too.

I wouldn't be so sure they're not going to throw Calliegh to the wolves, there have been rumors of here departure for sometime, as she is recording a new album and may be going on tour.

Reply #9 gypsiegirl66's post

wow, I didn't know she was a singer!  I can see her leaving to do that then.  but something else would have to get in between George and Izzie then (can we say Alex?)  Although, Rebecca is supposed to be back too!

4x05 (Spoilers if not seen)

ok, well this was a good episode, let discuss Ava thing-did she say she still with her husband?

man cutting off feet-well that what i love about the show, there always something unbelievable happing when a man does it. i feel bad for guy but it must a lot courage to cut off you foot by chain-saw

Merdith and dead mother ashs-i actually understand why she did that but i though ending was nice.

norman-glad he's gone -it didn't suit him being there but be interesting if makes appearance as psyche

bailey-well i hate seeing her upset missing her son Halloween costume

I think it's sad that Ava left, but I think Alex will go after her, she did ask him not to chicken out this time.

I was happier with the Izzy-George-Callie triangle, it's better that it's out in the open and I thought that last scene with Izzy and George was sweet. I don't thnk it's right of Cristina to be so judgemental about it, but she's still hurt about Burke I guess.

I'm glad Norman's gone, too! Didn't care for his character too much.

I hate seeing Bailey so sad, too. I love the way she still 'mother hen's' her 'interns' though!

I agree, I think the final scene with Meredith and the Chief was nice, and I'm glad she got some closure and even took a big step by talking with Lexie.

I liked this episode, it was funny! Only weird thing was the chain saw leg-cutting man!

i like both of your reviews and they are pretty similar to what I thought.  My fiance and i just looked at each other right after the chainsaw thing and were shocked.  Then we laughed, haha.  

I also agree that Christina is being overly judgemental.  But I think you got it right, she is still really hurt about the whole Burke thing, but trying to pretend it is not a big deal.  I think she is seeing her little world falling apart.

I think Dr. Hahn is going to be a very interesting character to add to the show, I was never the biggest fan, but she should spice things up.  

I also liked the final scene with Meredith and the Cheif.  And i think it was really good that Lexie took the step and opened up to talk about her Mom, and Meredith listened and was able to have a conversation.  Maybe Meredith will finally have some real family.  

I was upset at the end when Derek said he needed to date.  He told Meredith he would wait.  And now that she is finally getting closure and moving on, he is going to date other people.  so weird.

I think Dr. Hahn is going to be a very interesting character to add to the show, I was never the biggest fan, but she should spice things up.

she same actress in weeds. woman nancy was being nice to?

i agree she's going to be interesting

Again, I loved this episode. Grey's is getting better and better.

When I saw the preview for this episode last week, I thought this was gonna be a wacky Halloween themed episode. The whole man-cutting-off-his-feet thing and Meredith's dream and Meredith bringing her mother's ashes to the hospital...was kind of freaky. But it turned out to be an awesome episode. Loved the part where Alex was like "Happy Freakin' Halloween."   Oh, and Derek paying off that boy to say "Daddy" to Mark was absolutely hilarious!

Ava/Rebecca (I keep on forgetting which one's her real name and which one is the one Alex gave her): I was actually happy she showed up. It's bound to happen sometime. And Alex's obviously been thinking about her. I think she'll make another appearance again this season. There's just too many questions left.

Derek...I agree with themegababe that the whole "I need a date" thing is weird. He said he'd wait for Meredith. But then again, he also said "What if someone else comes along the way that is ready to do the things I want to do with you?" Meredith needs something to shake her up and realize how much she actually cares about Derek being a part of her life (like the Sydney thing in this episode).

Callie...woah. Announcing to pretty much the whole hospital that Izzie and George had an affair!? That was very...unexpected. I guess she feels like she has nothing to lose now since everybody pretty much knows that there's something wrong between her and Izzie (and Izzie's humiliated her enough with the whole fight thing last week already.)

I agree that Dr. Hahn being the new head of cardio will spice things up. I've never really liked her much, but it'll be interesting to see how she and Cristina (don't) get along.

I thought the whole trick-or-treat for ears was really cute.  it showed us a little bit of Sloan's softer side.  I feel bad the surgery made Bailey miss her son's first halloween though.  Her husband should understand though.  My dad is a doctor so I lived with the unpredictability of his work.  You can't always control when a patient needs you.  I hope Bailey's marriage isn't in trouble!

I agree with everyone else on Derek saying he needs to date.  But I think now Meredith will come to her senses that they should be together.  After all she was being haunted by the "pick me choose me love me" line as well.  We need at least on happy relationship in the show!

I hope Alex and Ava/Rebecca get to have their talk.  He should have gone after her the first time so this is his second chance...he better not screw it up too!

George and Callie just need to get their divorce already!  the triangle has been dragged on long enough and it is starting to get old.  George and Izzy just need to be together already.

Interesting to see how the Christina/Callie rooming together thing goes...

The Derek paying the kid to say "daddy"  oh man. My jaw dropped.  then I laughed so hard.  classic!  You all have such great reviews!  I love it!

4x06 (Spoilers if not seen)

Well this episode was amusing George holding a dress

hans-'are you two a couple'-brillant line-i think she growing on me glad she added to the cast she might replace burke but she definatly bring something to the show.open heart surgery awake is interesting.i honestly don't know how i would feel if someone told me this.

i really feel bad for callie i mean I'm glad she's letting go.

sky-diver-well he's one lucky guy

gentleman evening-that was sweet

izzy-crying and George making an excuse was sweet 'did you ever shave your legs'

Alex-the ending wow that going me great 'please don't tell me you live with Medieth Grey'

[ Last edited by  bala at 11-2-2007 16:09 ]

I think Dr. Hahn is a good addition to the show.  She's no Burke, but she will/has create some interesting story lines.  I agree the "are you two a couple" line by her was hilarious!

I'm also glad Callie is finally letting go.  It's about time considering her relationship has been over with George for a while now.

I can't believe Alex!  After the scene outside the hospital where he said he was kinda hung up on someone else, I half expected to him to go after Ava, or at least think about going after her.  But sleeping with Lexi-bad move!

I thought the line when the husband of one of the dress holders asked George if Izzy is his wife and he responded "I don't know you well enough to answer that" was great!

Awake open heart surgery- um...wow!  as crazy as it sounds though, I think it would be kinda cool to be the patient and watch your own open heart surgery. of course i'd prefer to be under anestheia (sp?) if i could.

I was literally in shock when the sky diver only needed an Appy!  I mean how can you fall 12,000 feet and only have a burst appendix???

I NEED Meredith and Derek to get back together soon! It's kiling me to see they are so in love but she is too caught up in her "things".  She need to get her life together and accept his proposal already!

Reply #2 imarielle626's post

I agree, I also NEED Meredith and Derek to work! But was his "I want to marry you" at the elevator really a proposal? I thought he was just trying to express how much he really loves her, no?

Dr. Hahn is growing on me, too, she definitely has humor potential! Very funny with the way she was making jokes about Derek and Mark the whole episode.

I'm glad Callie's moving on, too - I predict a relationship starting up between her and Mark again.

As for Lexi and Alex, I actually think they are good together - but we all know that Alex is going to mess it up, and now things between Meredith and Lexi are going to get ugly.

Cristina...she's been a mystery this whole season. She's obviously not doing well, but Meredith is so wrapped up in herself she can't even notice.

The scene with Izzy crying and George making a fake excuse to make her not feel bad they wouldn't get their "perfect night" was sweet, and the scared look on George's face was too funny - well, he did know what he was getting himself into, she sure isn't Callie!!

Overall, I liked the episode, personally.

Reply #3 studiojek's post

I interpretted the "I want to marry you" as a proposal.  Not like a down on one knee, here's a ring, let's set a date proposal, but if Meredith does decide she wants to be with Derek again an actual marriage proposal/engagement with soon follow

ALL i know is Im sick of the whole george Izzie thing it is making me not like either one of the charecters and hate there story line. The way Izzie treated Cali in the beginning and now the popular chick dates the geek and the girl that always liked him gets messed over. and George gets no consequences. just makes it seem unrealistic especially after the whole george merideth fiasco why now does she like him after she pushed him to go to merideth.
prepare for the worse hope for the best

4x07: (Spoilers if not seen)

it's look like i'm doing new threads every week so as not to ruin it for other members.

ok, Bailey finally got what she deserved i'm glad chef gave her the role -she really earned it and torries is normal surgeon and christa seem really want to do surgury but dr.hans doesn't like her and maybe it just me but she so much better than Berk in her skill -i never saw burke be as caring as she was toward her patient even though the patient died she did her best.

izzy & george-well i saw that coming-so are they going to break up?

all for nothing-oh merdeith father an alcoholic -seriously do the writer expect us feel sorry for her and i hope medeith doesn't find out-it's not her responsibility and if the writers thinking use this story-line to create bonding experience between these character i will be a bit disappointed.

Thread