Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The storyline re: Dr. Hahn is the most interesting one for me. Where's that going? Cristina and Sloan both hate her --- where's that one nugget going?

I do believe that Thatcher Grey's alcoholism will unite Lexie and Meredith. See, she thinks that Lexie's had it easy, that she got to live with her parents etc. Now it turns out that Lexie had it - and still has - possibly even worse than Meredith. Not that I care a lot about Lexie, she's just a Mer-clone and having two of them makes it worse. Even Ellen Pompeo has admitted that Mer gets on her nerves sometimes. Now we've got that times two.

Alex and Lexie --- ??? I don't see that.

It sure sounded like Izzie and George will soon be history. What then? Where will they find love?

The final voice overs - you either have chemistry or you don't -- to reduce this "chemistry" to sexual compatibility .... I thought that was misguided.

Will any of them ever date anyone who's not working at Seattle Grace?

Mark doesn't actually hate Erica (Dr. Hahn). Doesn't he develop a crush on her in this episode? She isn't interesting in him though.

George and Izzie need to END. This latest episode was another "Why George and Izzie don't belong together" reason that I can add to my list.

I agree with ms.smith that Thatcher's alcoholism is a possible way for Lexie and Meredith to unite. Meredith's main reason for not liking Lexie is that Thatcher left her and her mom for Susan and, unlike with her, become a good father for Molly and Lexie. His alcoholism doesn't change that, but Meredith isn't the only "poor little" Grey anymore.

I found it weird that Meredith called Lexie "Lex". In the previous scene, she told Lexie to get her own friends, get her own life and stop living in hers (Meredith's). But in the next scene, Lexie asks Meredith a question and she's like "Kind of busy here, Lex." It sounded like they were friends/close sisters and that nothing was wrong between them. I just found that kind of weird...

Anyway...Alex and Lexie. Don't really see those two lasting very long.

Next week's episode looks interesting. Derek's possible new love interest will probably get introduced to us. Can't wait to see how that will turn out..

[ Last edited by  funny-girl101 at 11-11-2007 13:21 ]

Reply #3 funny-girl101's post

I also thought the "Lex" comment was odd, but I do think it was purposeful. Meredith is obviously 'caving' a little, she even told Derek she wanted to 'stay a little longer' instead of running home like she usually does. I think it'll be too little too late with Derek, but not with Lexie.

I actually prefer Lexie to Meredith right now, though she is like a clone! I feel badly for her and I do think her father's alcoholism will bring her and Meredith closer, and I think that she will fall in love with Alex.

My predictions: Something will start back up with Alex and Izzy, Sloane and Cristina will become closer and Dr. Hahn and the Chief will start to flirt! Call me crazy!

What's this about a new love interest for Derek? I'm intrigued, I can't stand his relationship with Meredith anymore!!!

Also, I loved the scene where Bailey was crying and hugging the Chief. She deserved the job, she deserved the sappy scene too! Even Bailey has her weak moments!

Overall I really liked this episode, but I still feel like we need more characters to 'play with.'

Reply #4 studiojek's post

Did you see the preview for next week's episode? Meredith and Cristina, at Joe's, looking at Derek and a mystery woman. Meredith says "I think they're on a date."

I usually don't look too much into previews because they're known for misleading people, but I've heard several spoilers about this new love interest for Derek. She's gonna be played by Laura Stamile, btw.

P.S.: Bala, the actress that plays Mia on Californication, is going to be on next week's episode, just wanted to let you know.

[ Last edited by  funny-girl101 at 11-11-2007 13:26 ]

Reply #5 funny-girl101's post

No, I didn't see it! (I live overseas, they're not at Season 4 yet!)

A few episodes ago, I would've been devastated that they were trying to find a new love interest for Derek, now I say GO FOR IT! I am a little tired of Meredith and Derek!

I am really happy for Bailey.  I agree she needed the sappy scene and Callie was never the right person for the job of chief resident.

Izzy/George is getting old.  It seems like the chase was all the fun and now that it's over I must say it's a little painful to watch.

studiojek, i think a little hahn/chief flirting would be cute!  He needs it!

Sloan is getting on my nerves.  All the "so that what its like being the chiefs girlfriend" jokes were taken way to far!  he needs to find something else to do other than annoy Derek.

I live oversees so I did not see the previews for next week, but I though Der-Mer were making some great progress.  i would hate to see them take a step backwards with a new love interest of Derek's!  Meredith is finally starting to realize she belongs with him.

I am interested in seeing what Christina will do next.  It is obvious Hahn does not want to work with her and she wants no other specialty so, will she fight for what she wants or finally fall apart?  She's due for a break down since she is still trying to cover up how much she is really hurting since burke left.

Meridith and Lexie bonding over Thatcher's alcoholism I can see as a definite possibility.  Lexie's five things were cute - professional etch-a-sketch =)  Meridith also seems to be a little more accepting considering she asked Alex to "take [her] sister home"

The chief is like a lost child!  I feel a little sorry for him.  He needs a lady, or at least friends his own age!

Here's the link to the promo for Thursday's episode: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SsQ_yoytI28

Reply #8 funny-girl101's post

thanks for the promo.  I don't see the "date" as being a threat to their relationship.  Its just Meridith being Meridith.  it could also end up not being a date...tv promos tend to lead you in the wrong direction!

Reply #9 imarielle626's post

i know what you mean

Reply #9 imarielle626's post

Tell me about it. OTH once had this promo that totally fooled everybody. But, I'm believing this "date" thing because there've been tons of talk about this new love interest for Derek, even Patrick Dempsey said in a new interview that he looks forward to this new character addition.

4x08 **Spoilers if not seen**

See nothing to worry about with Derek's date with Sydney.  I am a little worried about him and that scrub nurse though.  Meredith is starting to come around and I would hate to see something else come between them.

Izzy and George, well they're best as best friends.

Loved the "you look like her father" comment to Sloan.  He's so egotistical it's nice to see them mess with him occasionally!

Bailey:  She was acting like a love-stuck teenager, which was the point, but it bothered me a lot.  It was good to see a bit into her pre-doctor life, but I didn't like Mandy!  It was funny to see her lash out to Derek only to find out he was an akward little band geek too.  Picturing as an awkward teenager in a band uniform is not the easiest thing to do

Now that Meredith knows about her father, I have a feeing she is going to try to help Lexie out a bit.  Maybe just by treating her a little better.  I wouldn't expect Meredith to help take care of her father.  Baby steps is all she can handle.  But maybe in the future she will be able to help Lexie get their father into AA and get some help.

I like the whole high school clique theme of the episode.  It was nice to see a bit into some of the characters' pasts.

Yeah seriously, Derek and Sydney would never work out!  I think they will actually work out this time, Mer and Der.  I mean, we've all been rooting for them for 3 seasons!  haha I think the scrub nurse will not be a big issue, but who knows.  Maybe Derek will like her because she is saucy (I was in 36 of your surgeries, and you just noticed me now).  In his defense, there are like 20 people in those ORs and the doctors are focused on the body laying on the table.  Does he really need to notice everyone standing around?

I think Izzy and Geoger are just best friends.  And they really shouldn't try and make it more!  But seriously, i think it was good that he ended it with Callie.  He was not real or true to her.  And he just used her for support when his Dad died. She was the first one to actually be interested in George.  

And Callie, i think she is best as a surgeon. She loves it and is good at it, she was never good at managing charts and people.  Miranda is much better about that.

I could not stand that guy who was just leading her on.  And I was shocked at the way Ms Bossy (aka Hahn) was treating her.  It was really sad to see that guy have the ability to make Miranda melt like that.  But I'm glad she realized it, and was able to have a heart to heart with Derek.  Props to George for calling her out (like she did so often to them!)

I think Meredith and Lexie will begin bonding, and it will be good for both of them.  I think Mer is already having some realizations (which may just change her relationship with Derek, hopefully!)  I wonder if something will happen so that Lexie moves into the house with them!

Haha..I seriously cracked up when I saw it was Sydney and Derek. Mark saying that he'll fake a heart attack for Derek was hilarious! See, I thought it was Rose, the scrub nurse...who is the rumored love interest for Derek. I don't know why...but I don't really like her. But then again, I don't like anyone who might be a threat to Meredith and Derek.

Meredith is taking little subtle, little steps in improving her relationship skills. The reaching out and holding Derek's hand was a big step for her.

Wow. Bailey acting like the way she did was...very un-Bailey like. I hated her behavior throughout the episode and Marcus was just annoying. Glad she realized that she's better than that.

Thatcher is such a horrible character. That might sound a little harsh, but really, that's how his character is. I think that what happened in this episode will unite Meredith and Lexie. Yep.

4x09-4x10 (Best episode so far-spoilers if not seen)

4x10-i decided because 2-part episode we should put these episode together instead of separate topics.

i guess i was lucky to watch this before the site went offline i got to say this is why i watch this show, just when you think the show getting boring they pull a fantastic dramatical story-line out the episode i got to say ending 'to be continued' was brillant.

i first start ambulance accident-it wouldn't drama if both of them survived and i got admit i knew one of them  were going die so i wasn't surprised but can you imagine having to wait 7 days for next episode they should put this double-bill but i suppose it makes want to watch next episode.

Seth green-i never really liked him as an actor but special-effect for last 20 seconds at end were brillant i couldn't believe it and what worse i didn't know it was 2-parter episode until i notice it was getting 40 minutes no summary as soon as we saw him laughing we knew it was burst.

white supemousy i guss bailey had no choice he wanted prove better person-i'm not absolutely sure if the guy said it was something he did when he was younger and not proud of it-whether he still believes in it.

is it just me or do you think bailey home-life is going to get ruined i'm guessing they are heading for divorce  . that's price you pay for trying be chief resident.

Reply 1#1 bala's post

I agree.  I don't watch Grey's every week, but of the episodes I've seen this season this was by far the best.  

Regarding that guy Bailey was working on...I think he does still feel like that.  He didn't even want a black doctor to touch him.
As for Bailey's home life...I think you might be right.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 2#2 waterlilybarb's post

He didn't even want a black doctor to touch him.

i thought that was because of the tattoo and he didn't want cause offense?

Reply 3#3 bala's post

I think he just used that as an excuse.  He also wasn't thrilled when Cristina showed up.  He didn't want anyone who wasn't white to touch him.  He only gave in because he would have died otherwise.  He might be sorry he has the tattoo but his thinking is definitely bigoted.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

The white supremecist guy said that it was something he did when he was younger and that he regrets it, but I don't think people like that really change.  Maybe he didn't want a black doctor the operate on him so they wouldn' get offended, or maybe it was just an excuse to use to make himself feel better.  I felt bad for Christina though.  She is part Jewish and had ancestors who were wiped out in the Holocaust so it was hard for her to look around the giant swaztika on his belly and still treat him like any other patient.

Lexie/Alex/Ava-When Lexie walked into the viewing room and sat down right next to Ava I was like "Uh oh!  Not good!"  But then again, she was warned from the start not to get involved with Alex because he's not a good guy.  He even told her not to get involved.

From the second Sloan had his meeting, I knew at some point in the episode the artery was going to burst, it was just a matter as to who would be in the room.  Will Lexie be able to stop the bleeding and save this guy's life so he can get his revenge and her hers?

Reply 5#5 imarielle626's post

how exactly are you meant to stop the bleeding?

Sloan said in his meeting that if the artery burst whoever is in the room MUST stop the bleeding then call him in that order.

Thread