Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Oh poor Bailey.

They have been hyping it all over ABC though. haha

I guess that episode will be chock full of drama to keep us all biting our nails until the strike is over

4x11 Discussion Thread (spoilers if not seen)

So Der/Mer is officially over.  I'm not too fond of the Derek-Rose relationship, but I don't think the show could handle any more of the triangle and Meredith is just not mature enough to handle a serious, committed, trusting relationship.

I feel bad for Bailey.  Losing her husband and almost losing her son all in one day!  But she had it coming (Tucker leaving that is).  She did always prioritize her work over her family and sooner or later it was going to slap her in the face.  Now she has to find a way to balance raising Tuck by herself and work, which will not be easy.  Tucker may even sue for full custody which will just be another slap in the face for Bailey.  I hope she is able to work everything out though.  Maybe this is just what she needed to realize that she needs to spend more time with her family and create a better balance between work and family.

Thanks for starting this discussion up Arielle.

I am bummed because this was the last episode for awhile.  But at least it was a good one.  They definitely did not have as many cliffhangers as I expected.  It was good, but not like oh my gosh I need to see the next episode like now.  I mean, if they really wanted to get people hooked, they should have left Tucker not breathing...

Mer/Der/Rose. So glad Mer and Der finally ended it. But if I was Rose, I wouldn't want him, just because he's not taken now. I don't want to be someone's second choice, which is what she should feel like. And honestly, having her ask about Bailey, now they are justs giving her lines, I have not seen her talk to Bailey once.

and yeah, totally feel for Bailey too. But I am sure it will all work out eventually, not sure how tho.

And George's mom is so cute.  I can't wait to see what she continues to bring to the show.  I almost have a feel ing that she will get George and Callie back together.  But the scene with Izzie and Mrs. O'Malley was priceless!

I feel really sad that Meredith and Derek is over, but she is getting me so annoyed. In all fairness she did trust Derek in the start and she was really happy with him...until Addison showed up and he picked Addison over her. She did say. love me. Pick me! and then he didnt...A real heartbreaker.
Then when he decided he wanted her again he made her dump a really sweet guy who really loved Meredith. And that ontop of the fact he wasn't ready to be in a relationship.
And then we have the time when Derek just left her alone cause he wanted to be chief and The Chief told him he couldnt because of Meredith and as usual Derek was really short with Mer.
I guess its all for the best the fact that they split up, but to be honest it was what got me caught on the show.
At least Meredith is nicer to Lexie now.
I guess I will continue watching the show, but the pull for me has just decreased with about 80%...

Dont get why they had to have so much shit between everyone. Really cynical writers I think. The whole show is about being brokenhearted and miserable.
Bailey getting a divorce, Mer-Der splitting up. the chief getting a divorce, George and Callie splitting up, George and Izzy splitting up, Burke leaving Christina at the altar more or less, And Denny dying on Izzy despite having had a new heart.

Whats with all the grief? Dont they realise that there are happiness in the world and that people would rather see happy endings than sad.
Well I do anyways..
We could al use a little happily ever after.

[ Last edited by xareena at 1-11-2008 19:40 ]

Can't believe that's it for a while !

I am getting tired of the see-saw that is Derek & Meredith's relationship. It just keeps going around in circles !!

I did feel sorry for Bailey, but she neglected her marriage for too long. Thing is, I'm not sure it's entirely her fault. I mean, her husband knew what he was getting into. He knew that surgeon's spend long long hours in the hospital. So why the change of heart? My uncle is a Surgeon and he works 100 hr weeks ! It goes with the job, simple as.

Wasn't the baby actor who played Tucker just the cutest ?

Ok, did anyone else have a little whinge at this episode?!!

Quote:
Thing is, I'm not sure it's entirely her fault. I mean, her husband knew what he was getting into. He knew that surgeon's spend long long hours in the hospital
Sure surgeon work long hours, but that is not an excuse to neglect your family.  My dad is a cardiologist.  He may not be the one doing open heart surgery, but what he does is still considered surgery and he is in the hospital more hours than he is home.  He still makes an effort to come home for dinner when he can even if it means longer nights finishing up charts, or more often getting paged in halfway through the meal.  The life of a surgeon, or any on-call doctor for that matter is hard, but it is possible to set aside some time for you family.

Tucker knew he was marrying a surgeon.  He did not know that he was marrying a surgeon who chose her job over her family.  I'll admit, I'm being a bit hard on Bailey, but it is only because I promised myself that if/when I become a doctor and a mother, I will not neglect my family for my job.

Quote:
Originally posted by imarielle626
He still makes an effort to come home for dinner when he can even if it means longer nights finishing up charts, or more often getting paged in halfway through the meal
Yes, but we don't see the ins and outs of how much "time" Bailey actually spends with her family. We assume not much. Perhaps Bailey's husband is not happy with "the effort to make it home for dinner when she can" because it's still not enough.

The simple fact of the matter is that most jobs require you to work, at most, a 40 hr week. If someone is working 100hrs, that means they are missing more than twice the time of someone doing a 40 hr week and it's going to take it's toll. Perhaps your mother was more tolerant?

I think everyone's being too nice to Tucker.  I think what the shows writers are trying to show with this story line is that stero types are still very strong in the work place today.  It's wouldn't be such a "bad" thing if Bailey was a man missing a couple of dinners.  But  Bailey's a woman and a strong one at that with a jobs that takes alot of time and effort and because of that people seem to think that she's not choosing her family.  Tucker is inessence the stay at home dad and doesn't seem to like it, he seems to think his wife should be home doing it.  He married her.  it takes years of school and training to get where she is today and he would have known that going into the marrage and then deciding to have children.  I think him leaving is the best thing for her at the moment.  As it's been shown before she has a "family" with the people she works with.  They will be there for her when she needs them, even if she's not nice to them 100% of the time.  They will still be there!  I think Bailey's character is a great one and she will and can servive and push through the hard stuff life throughs at her and will come out on top with baby tuck.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

I have to agree with kwargalla on this point. Bailey is an awesome character that the writers have brought out more this season than in the others.

As for Mer and Der and Rose I am glad that is over. Mer did have a good point at the end though with the fact that she could not trust Der and that is why she would not totally commit to him.

As for the rest of the cast I can see then starting to develop a bit more patient skills with Christina. IT was soo nice to see her give up a chance to do surgery to hold the babies hand.

As for Izzy and Geroge I can see then starting to develop more of a relationship based on love rather than sex.

Whlie I'm not in the same line of work as Bailey I too often put the job first. being single it is not an issue but I can understand that it can put a strain on a relationship. And I have friends who are doctors and it is no easy to have them get up halfway through dinner and rush to the hospital for an emergency. However, if you marry a doctor it is just the way things are and there is a price to pay. And I was a bit angry that Bailey got so much pressure from her husband- it was not as if she deliberately hid at the hospital like the Chief once did. She loves her son and her husband but she's a doctor and she has to keep promises and her hippocratic oath.

Meredith and Derek, well, I'm glad there's an end to it- it was going on for too long and Mer has to grow up and I still think she should have taken the vet.

i thought this was good episode i felt bad about bailey baby that was so unbelievable and dramatic because it's personal for bailey i hope she needs to spend more time with her baby,Derek did good job telling bailey these things happen, i don't think it's over between them somehow they will hook up again

any idea when next episode will be?

I'm pretty sure this was it for now.  I don't think they have anymore to show until the strike ends.

Reply 11#11 imarielle626's post

i checked tv.com and it look like they don't know about next episode either

Reply 11#11 imarielle626's post

This thread on the official Grey's Anatomy site has strike updates:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/grey ... 0931&tid=191272

Reply 13#13 studiojek's post

You posted a thread on that thanks

Reply 13#13 studiojek's post

thanks for the link.  it's the first really knowledgable site that i've come across with some good information on the strike.  not being in north america anymore cuts down on the instant updates i used to get.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

So.......guess that is it for a while- I kind of expected more cliffhangers. Not sad about the end of MerDer (unless it all starts again, but seriously, this is going nowhere at all) but a bit sad for Bailey. And just the thought of Eggs and Avocado and Cheese? I'd break out in hives too. But I could not bring myself to eat it- sisterly love or not.

Reply 16#16 Teachergirl's post

i think that's crazy-she would understand if she said she's allergic to it?

Yeah- and seeing her reaction to it- the two being doctors and all........ I think everybody would understand when being told "Hey, sorry, nice thought but I'm allergic". I'm vegetarian and I could not bing myself to eat meat just because someone had prepared it with the best intentions.

Thread