Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The storyline re: Dr. Hahn is the most interesting one for me. Where's that going? Cristina and Sloan both hate her --- where's that one nugget going?

I do believe that Thatcher Grey's alcoholism will unite Lexie and Meredith. See, she thinks that Lexie's had it easy, that she got to live with her parents etc. Now it turns out that Lexie had it - and still has - possibly even worse than Meredith. Not that I care a lot about Lexie, she's just a Mer-clone and having two of them makes it worse. Even Ellen Pompeo has admitted that Mer gets on her nerves sometimes. Now we've got that times two.

Alex and Lexie --- ??? I don't see that.

It sure sounded like Izzie and George will soon be history. What then? Where will they find love?

The final voice overs - you either have chemistry or you don't -- to reduce this "chemistry" to sexual compatibility .... I thought that was misguided.

Will any of them ever date anyone who's not working at Seattle Grace?

Bailey scored low on these two episodes. On one hand, she's right to put her career first. If she was a man, ppl wouldn't comment, it would be "his job, of course".  I hate double standards, thus she gets good points for that.

But Bailey's prejudice and racism and thoughtlessness - not so much. Stuff you holier than thou attitude, girl, you're no better than any other Jane Shmoe. I'm glad Cristina expressed my thoughts exactly. Rise above - huhu. Don't act like you're above other people, you're so clearly not.

George rocked when he gave Gale Harold's char a piece of his mind. At least that was honest and gutsy. A bit worried what Bailey's speech (that he was supposed to relay to her hubby) will do to him, though. On the Gizzie - it's on the back burner, but coming back. Oh no. What will they do in the meantime? George back to Torres?

I like what they did with Gale's tat - for the fun of it. Swastikas don't have any right to exist. Even though they do in India, where they have a different meaning. The action of acting out her feelings while operating were a bit borderline, though. Good for her that the guy can't sue b/c of the nature of this tat.

I'm happy to see Derek kissed Rose. If we're lucky, he dumps Mer and we can all move on and away from that tired and repetitive storyline. But here's the thing, the problem GA has in general - we only know Rose in relationship to Derek, as far as I remember. She's just a plot device. The chars need to have more individual personalities and their own lives. It's all a bit too homogenus. So Addison's leaving the show may prove to be detrimental to GA.

Meredith - man, so good to see her doing her job and doing it well. That girl was such a nutjob it's about time she gets a handle on things and starts to focus. Act like an adult, ferpetessakes. So much improvement there. Very nice how she told Hahn to shut up  Wtf was Hahn thinking, though??

This season thus far wasn't all that impressive. The two epis were a light in the dark. Let's see if the writers can turn the show around and make it more interesting again. Take a hint from ER if you want to last 14 seasons. Broaden your horizons - broaden the focus. Give your characters more dimension. Just saying. Would hate to see the show go down the drain. I do like some of the actors very much.

Oh - and Alex? YOU GO!
Life's a party. Crash it.

Thread