Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

I think I'll take a break with episode guides and abouts for a while

Reply 1171#1171 waterlilybarb's post

You're welcome. I had fun doing them

Barb, thanks for posting the About for Little Mosque on the Prairie in the forum. I must have forgotten about it. I did post the other abouts, right? LOL
I'm too tired to do abouts or episode guides right now. But I'll be back later

Reply 1231#1231 waterlilybarb's post

The new rule is understandable, and I'm ok with the change.
Are you going to re-post the guides and the about that has already been posted?

About Life on Mars (us)

"Back in the nick of time"

Life on Mars (us) is a tv series that aired from October 9, 2008 to April 1, 2009.

About the Show:
Adapted from the hit BBC show of the same name, Life on Mars is a drama, comedy and sci-fi fantasy series that follows the life of modern day detective Sam Tyler (Jason O'Mara), who wakes up after a car crash in which his life was nearly taken and finds that he has been transported to the year 1973. There, Sam must work as a detective, but struggles to do so without his 21st century technology. To make things more complicated, his boss Gene Hunt (Harvey Keitel) never hesitates to bend the rules to suit his needs.
Life on Mars (us) is a remake of Life on Mars (uk). Request Life on Mars (uk) in the New Show Suggestions Thread.
Ashes to Ashes is a sequel to Life on Mars (uk) which takes place during the 1980's. Watch Ashes to Ashes on viptv.

Main Cast and Characters:

Cast

Characters

Jason O'MaraDetective Sam Tyler
Gretchen MolAnnie Norris
Harvey KeitelLieutenant Gene Hunt
Michael ImperioliDetective Ray Carling

Episode Guides:
Season 1

Source: tv.com, IMDb, wikipedia & tvrage.

Watch it now!
For information on VIP membership, please see here.
Discuss The Show here.

Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Treasure +2 Great job - I love the edits. :) I'll p 5-24-2010 12:14
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 Great job - I love the edits. :) I'll p 5-24-2010 12:14

Reply 1286#1286 serena75's post

I forgot that i requested to do the about for Life on Mars. Here it is

Can I do the about and episode guide for John Adams?

Reply 1289#1289 gabsimom's post

Ok, thanks What do you think about the changes I made? Let me know if you want me to change something else.

John Adams Episode Guide Season 1

1. Join or Die
Following the Boston Massacre, John Adams takes on the role of serving as the defense attorney for the British soldiers.
Aired: 3/16/2008

2. Independence

After witnessing a bloody battle, John Adams heads back to Philadelphia, where he begins debating the good and bad points of an independent country; Adams nominates George Washington to lead the Continental Army; and Congress votes to declare their independence from England.
Aired: 3/16/2008

3. Don't Tread on Me
John Adams and Benjamin Franklin are newly appointed as the Ministers of Plenipotentiary, and must take a hard ocean voyage to France. Along the way they encounter a British warship.
Aired: 3/23/2008

4. Reunion
John Adams learns that the British has surrendered to George Washington at Yorktown.
Aired: 3/30/2008

5. Unite or Die
After being elected America's first Vice President, John Adams becomes upset that he isn't involved in George Washington's inner-circle.
Aired: 4/6/2008

6. Unnecessary War
President Adams remains adamant on not declaring war on the French, despite the strong pro-war sentiment his Cabinet members hold.
Aired: 4/13/2008

7. Peacefield
In retirement, John Adams begins to write his memoirs as his daughter and wife pass way. He also sees his son, John Quincy Adams, get elected President.
Aired: 4/20/2008

Source: tv.com

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 8-11-2010 16:45 ]
Recent Ratings

ABOUT - John Adams

"Join or Die"

John Adams is a miniseries that aired from march 16 to April 20, 2008.

About the Show:
John Adams is a 2008 American television miniseries chronicling most of President John Adams's political life and his role in the founding of the United States. Paul Giamatti portrays John Adams. The miniseries was directed by Tom Hooper. Kirk Ellis wrote the screenplay based on the book John Adams by David McCullough. The biopic of John Adams and the story of the first fifty years of the United States. John Adams received generally positive reviews, and many prestigious awards. As of 2009, the show has won more Emmy awards, thirteen, than any other miniseries, and four Golden Globe awards.

Cast

Characters

Paul GiamattiJohn Adams
Laura LinneyAbigail Adams
Ebon Moss-BachrachJohn Quincy Adams
Sarah PolleyNabby Adams
Samuel BarnettThomas Adams
Kevin TrainorCharles Adams
David MorseGeorge Washington
Tom WilkinsonBenjamin Franklin
Stephen DillaneThomas Jefferson

Episode Guides:
[url=link]Season 1[/url]

Watch it now!
For information on VIP membership, please see here.
Discuss John Adams here.

Source: tv.com & IMDb

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 8-11-2010 16:58 ]
Recent Ratings

Can I do Ghost Whisperer, season 5?

Ghost Whisperer Epidose Guide Season 5

1. Birthday Presence
A young woman who died while giving birth to her son haunts Melinda's child.
Aired: 9/25/2009

2. See No Evil
Melinda investigates a cursed email that causes everyone who does not forward it immediately to be put in danger.
Aired: 10/2/2009

3. Till Death Do Us Start
A messy family reunion ensues after Eli's father suffers from a heart attack. Eli also has a reunion with his mother who has been unable to cross over for ten years.
Aired: 10/9/2009

4. Do Over
Melinda helps a dead doctor who is reliving a surgery that went wrong.
Aired: 10/16/2009

5. Cause For Alarm
Melinda help Eli with a patient who is being haunted by his sister. Meanwhile, Jim and Melinda have concerns over something Aiden has been seeing.
Aired: 10/23/2009

6. Head Over Heels
The Headless Horseman from the Legend of Sleepy Hollow begins to haunt Melinda. Melinda worries about Aiden's safety when the legendary book turns up in his classroom.
Aired: 10/30/2009

7. Devil's Bargain
Melinda's concern over Aiden as his fear over the shadows grow. Meanwhile, Jim believes that a collegue may be responsible for a missing med student.
Aired: 11/6/2009

8. Dead Listing
When a ghost leads Melinda to his own body, Melinda sees herself involved in a murder mystery by a real estate power couple.
Aired: 11/13/2009

9. Lost In The Shadows
Aiden meets the ghost of a little girl who passed away from leukemia. Melinda worries for her son's safety when the ghost threatens Melinda to stay out of her way.
Aired: 11/20/2009

10. Excessive Forces
A youth whose death was ruled an accident points Melinda in the direction of the Grandview Police officer who may have actually killed the boy.
Aired: 12/4/2009

11. Dead Air
Melinda helps Ned who is being haunted by a ghost at The Grandview Radio Station.
Aired: 1/8/2010

12. Blessings In Disguise
Ned falls in love with a young dancer whose family is hiding a secret. Melinda needs to uncover what that secret is before it's too late.
Aired: 1/15/2010

13. Living Nightmare
When Melinda discovers a family secret, madness grips the hospital and Grandview when a ghost who is making no sense haunts a patient.
Aired: 1/29/2010

14. Dead to Me
When Ned's Occult Anthropology professor is stalked by the ghost of a secret admirer, a Ouija board is used to try and solve the mystery but instead creates a new one that threatens a life.
Aired: 2/5/2010

15. Implosion
In this 100th episode of GW, a ghost warns Melinda that a bomb missing from a hidden munitions dump will cost someone's life.
Aired: 3/5/2010

16. Old Sins Cast Long Shadows
Dark forces are fighting for the soul of a little girl that cannot escape the haunted house she has been trapped in for years.
Aired: 3/12/2010

17. On Thin Ice
Melinda and Avery help a comic book artist discover why his drawings are predicting his near future.
Aired: 4/2/2010

18. Dead Eye
A ghost dressed as a clown haunts Melinda's home and Eli helps her solve a case involving greed and suspicion.
Aired: 4/9/2010

19. Lethal Combination
Melinda and her gifts are put to the ultimate test when Aiden is put in danger.
Aired: 4/30/2010

20. Blood Money
Melinda finds herself in danger when she investigates an unsolved kidnapping.
Aired: 5/7/2010

21. Dead Ringer
Melinda finds herself the mark in a dangerous revenge plot and fighting adversaries she has just become aware of when the ghost she is working with instantly turns up alive.
Aired: 5/14/2010

22. The Children's Parade
As a result of Melinda's investigation into a poltergeist in the hospital, Melinda and Aiden have a showdown with terrorizing supernatural forces.
Aired: 5/21/2010

Watch season 5 of Ghost Whisperer on Viptv
How to Become a VIP Member

Source: tv.com and wikipedia
Recent Ratings

Can I do the episode guides for Breaking Bad?

Reply 1373#1373 waterlilybarb's post

That's ok

Can I do the about and the episode guide for The Pacific?

About - The Pacific

"Hell was an ocean away"

The Pacific is a miniseries that aired from March 12 to May 16, 2010.

About the Show:
From the creative team behind Band of Brothers comes this ten-hour miniseries tracing three American marines as they fight World War II in the Pacific. The series was shot on location in Australia, and is produced by HBO Films in association with Playtone and DreamWorks television.
The Pacific is based primarily on two memoirs of U.S. Marines, With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa by Eugene Sledge and Helmet for My Pillow by Robert Leckie. The miniseries tells the stories of the two authors and Marine John Basilone, as the war against the Empire of Japan rages. It also draws on Sledge's China Marine and Red Blood, Black Sand, the memoir of Chuck Tatum, a Marine who fought alongside Basilone on Iwo Jima.

Watch Band of Brothers on Viptv.
Visit Band of Brothers forum on Viptv.

Cast

Characters

Jon SedaSgt. John Basilone
Joseph MazzelloPFC Eugene Sledge
James Badge DalePFC Robert Leckie

[url=]Episode Guide[/url]

Watch it now!
How to become a VIP Member.
Visit The Pacific forum here.

Visit The Official Site: The Pacific on HBO
Source: tv.com, IMDb & wikipedia

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 8-17-2010 17:13 ]
Recent Ratings

Reply 1833#1833 waterlilybarb's post

Sorry to hear that you're sick. Hope you'll feel better soon!

Reply 4952#4952 codebreaker's post

Do you need help with the abouts and guides? I can do some of them

Reply 4958#4958 waterlilybarb's post

I can do Outlander for starters

Outlander: About the Show

What if your future was the past?

Outlander Premiered on Starz on August 9, 2014

About the Show:

Outlander is an American-British television drama series based on the historical time travel Outlander series of novels by Diana Gabaldon. Developed by Ronald D. Moore and produced by Sony Pictures Television and Left Bank Pictures for Starz, the show premiered on August 9, 2014.

It stars Caitriona Balfe as Claire Randall, a married World War II nurse in 1945 who finds herself transported back to Scotland in 1743, where she encounters the dashing Highland warrior Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan) and becomes embroiled in the Jacobite risings.

The second season, consisting of 13 episodes and based on Dragonfly in Amber, will premiere on April 9, 2016.

Cast:

Actor’s name
Character’s name
Caitriona Balfe
Claire Beauchamp Randall / Fraser
Sam Heughan
James "Jamie" MacKenzie Fraser
Tobias Menzies
Frank Randall / Jonathan "Black Jack" Randall
Graham McTavish
Dougal MacKenzie
Duncan Lacroix