Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

Reply 1113#1113 bala's post

Yes, you can do them.  Thank you for being patient & giving others an opportunity to step up.

I'll update the list above.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1124#1124 bala's post

Yes, I know.   It's in red because Adam offered to do the "about" for it.

Reply 1127#1127 bala's post

LOL!

Reply 1134#1134 bala's post

LOL!  That's alright, I understand your enthusiasm.  It's not on the site as yet though as far as I can tell, so I'll wait until then to award the points.  Nice job - formatted perfectly.

BTW, I really like the banners you've been finding.  They look great.  I know some shows are harder than others, but it's really nice to see the effort.

OOPS!  I completely missed it.  Defying Gravity has been added.  Chalk it up to my sleep deprived brain.

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 9-13-2009 19:38 ]

Reply 1137#1137 xxjujuxx's post

Flight of the Conchords has been taken, so someone else is doing that guide (I think it's Bala), but as for the others, yes please.

UPDATED LIST:

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done. Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.
If you'd like to try some, please post that in this thread as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
Ashes to Ashes, Boy Meets Girl, Carnivale, Dark Blue, Defying Gravity, Desperate Romantics, Easy Money, Eastwick, H2O: Just Add Water, Hope Springs, Hotel Babylon, In Plain Sight, John Adams, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Make It or Break It, Melrose Place, Mercy, Missing 2009, Moving Wallpaper, NCIS: Los Angeles, Nip/Tuck, Personal Affairs, Popular, Raising the Bar, Sons of Anarchy, Southland, The Beast, The Beautiful Life, The Cleaner, The Fixer, The Philanthropist, The Sarah Jane Adventures, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, The Starter Wife, The Vampire Diaries, Valentine, Whistler

Action Adventure:
Life On Mars, Runaway, Rush

Comedy:
10 Things I Hate About You, About A Girl, Accidentally on Purpose, Bored to Death, Community, Cougar Town, Cupid, Eastbound & Down, Hung, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Joey, Kath & Kim, Kingdom, Little Mosque On The Prairie, Modern Family, Parks & Recreation, Party Down, Privileged, Psychoville, Roommates, Ruby & the Rockits, Sophie, Surviving Suburbia, The Game, The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle, The Loop, Wizards Of Waverly Place, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman, The Universe

Reality: **No episode guides needed for reality shows.**
30 Days, American Idol, Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, LA Ink, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Survivor, The Hills, The Universe, Time Warp

Animation:
Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire, The Goode Family

Here are the shows only in need of episode guides (thanks to spratt89, who took the time to check ):
Robot Chicken, Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Returning shows that are being cared for already:
Law & Order, Law & Order SVU, Law & Order CI, The Mentalist, Scrubs, Two & A Half Men, NCIS, Bones, Criminal Minds, 30 Rock, Chuck, Greek, Castle, Heroes, House, Lost, How I Met your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Monk, Bleach, Lie to Me, CSI, CSI: NY, CSI: Miami, Merlin, Sons of Anarchy, Dollhouse, Smallville, Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Ugly Betty, Nip/Tuck, Numb3rs (and most shows w/ moderators - can't think of them all now)

New Shows Not Yet Added
Stargate Universe

For any that already have previous seasons done, please check those forums and see how the original poster formatted the guides and follow the same pattern so they are cohesive.  Thank you.

Just for reference the "Abouts" for the highlighted shows are spoken for.  The taken Episode Guides are highlighted in blue.  Any highlighted in magenta have both about & guide spoken for.  All others are up for grabs.
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.  Also, if I've missed any, please feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Ten points are given for Abouts, and 5 for each episode guide.  Please post them here first so they can be checked and/or edited prior to posting in their respective forums, and so points can be awarded.

Reply 1144#1144 serena75's post

I couldn't find an official tagline, but "There is a border between justice and crime." is an option, from the description on wikipedia.

Reply 1150#1150 serena75's post

Thanks Serena, that would be great.  I'll update the list.

And Bala - great tip.  Thanks!

Reply 1170#1170 serena75's post

No problem.  Thanks for all your help Serena.

Adam, I'll update the list to reflect the ones your doing later.

Reply 1187#1187 bala's post

Thank you.  I'll update the list shortly.

UPDATED LIST

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done. Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.
If you'd like to try some, please post that in this thread as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
Boy Meets Girl, Carnivale, Dark Blue, Desperate Romantics, Easy Money, H2O: Just Add Water, Hope Springs, In Plain Sight, John Adams, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Make It or Break It, Mercy, Melrose Place, Missing 2009, Moving Wallpaper, Nip/Tuck, NCIS LA, Personal Affairs, Popular, Raising the Bar, Sons of Anarchy, Southland, The Beast, The Border, The Cleaner, The Good Wife,, The Philanthropist, The Sarah Jane Adventures, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, The Starter Wife, The Forgotten, Trauma, Three Rivers, The Vampire Diaries, V, Valentine, Whistler

Action Adventure:
Life On Mars, Runaway, Rush

Comedy:
10 Things I Hate About You, About A Girl, Cupid, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Eastbound & Down, Hung, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Joey, Kath & Kim, Kingdom, Little Mosque On The Prairie, Parks & Recreation, Party Down, Privileged, Reno 911!, Roommates, Ross Noble's Australian Trip, Ruby & the Rockits, Sophie, Surviving Suburbia, The Game, The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle, The Loop, Wizards Of Waverly Place, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
Stargate Universe, Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman, The Universe

Reality: **No episode guides needed for reality shows.**
30 Days, American Idol, Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, LA Ink, Last Chance to See, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Survivor, The Hills, The Universe, Time Warp

Animation:
Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire, The Cleveland Show, The Goode Family

Here are the shows only in need of episode guides (thanks to spratt89, who took the time to check ):
Robot Chicken, Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Returning shows that are being cared for already:
Law & Order, Law & Order SVU, Law & Order CI, The Mentalist, Scrubs, Two & A Half Men, NCIS, Bones, Criminal Minds, 30 Rock, Chuck, Greek, Castle, Heroes, House, Lost, How I Met your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Bleach, Lie to Me, CSI, CSI: NY, CSI: Miami, Merlin, Sons of Anarchy, Dollhouse, Smallville, Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Ugly Betty, Nip/Tuck, Numb3rs (and most shows w/ moderators - can't think of them all now)

For any that already have previous seasons done, please check those forums and see how the original poster formatted the guides and follow the same pattern so they are cohesive.  Thank you.

Just for reference the "Abouts" for the highlighted shows are spoken for.  The taken Episode Guides are highlighted in blue.  All others are up for grabs.
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.  Also, if I've missed any, please feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Ten points are given for Abouts, and 5 for each episode guide.  Please post them here first so they can be checked and/or edited prior to posting in their respective forums, and so points can be awarded.

Reply 1205#1205 spratt89's post

Thanks Adam.    Glad to hear you've found a job, even if it's only a seasonal one.

Reply 1207#1207 serena75's post

Yes, you posted the others.  I had to do an update so checked all that had been done here to make sure they'd been posted.  No worries about doing others right now.  I haven't felt well enough to much myself of late.

Reply 1216#1216 bala's post

Yes, thank you Bala.  I've been keeping up with the returned series I said I'd do, but I know I'm not up to much more.  I appreciate your willingness to help.

Anyone else who would like to help, please feel free to post which show/s you would like to try. Points are there to be had.

Reply 1228#1228 spratt89's post

Thanks.  I'll update the list when I can.

Reply 1230#1230 Teachergirl's post

Your settings are fine.  Any posts by Bala are suppressed until his ban is lifted.  They should be visible again sometime  on Saturday.

BTW, I am setting a new rule that the guides & abouts must now be posted in their forums by a moderator or super moderator, so as to avoid this problem in the future should a member be banned.  All are still welcome to participate in this thread & I will award the extra treasures you would have received for posting the threads.

Reply 1232#1232 serena75's post

Bala's ban will be lifted in a day or two, so for now, we'll leave it.  We'll start by posting any new guides/abouts that members do in here.  Also, like we did before, we will give credit at the bottom of the page to anything we post that was originally done by another member.

Reply 1234#1234 bala's post

I've just done a double check to make sure Adam hadn't done them yet (he has some started in Site Management).  You can do them Bala.  Just send me a PM (if I don't notice right away) when you're done so I can award the points & post them in their forum.

Reply 1237#1237 bala's post

Can you supply the image source please bala?  I'll post it when it's complete.  Thanks.

Reply 1239#1239 bala's post

I realized the forum wasn't made after I posted, but thank you for providing the image source.

Thread