Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

Reply 185#185 kwargalla's post

Hey kwargalla, and anyone else planning to participate in the member challenge, please read the entire thread.  You will see that sddv has already posted an About for Buffy.  Bala posted the episode guides for it.  

It's important to check the thread, since if someone else has already said they are working on something, it IS wasting someone's time (either your own or the other person's), as only one will be used.  There is still plenty of work to go around, so just find a show that hasn't been overhauled yet and make sure to recheck this thread.

SDDV, re: the links to the official sites in bala's Abouts, I was the one who added the graphic links.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 189#189 bala's post

This comment is for everyone, not just bala.

Please wait until you are OKed to post any Abouts or Guides.  I spent a couple hours today editing things that had been posted.  That is what this thread is for...to get them exactly how we want them BEFORE they are posted in their forums.

Everyone please remember to include your source/s in anything you do, as it could be a copyright issue.  Not everything is, but it's better to be safe than sorry.  Also, please center the banners and pay attention to what has already been done so as not to take the time to do something that has already been taken care of.

We are very grateful for all of you assistance in taking care of these things, and just ask that you be more aware of waiting until there is final approval to post them.  Thank you.

Barb

Reply 191#191 bala's post

If you add it here (even in the post following it), myself or another super mod can edit it into your post.  The same with episode guides.  If they are too long, do them in 2 posts here, and we can edit them into 1 for you.

Reply 219#219 Milks26's post

She is, and I've added the ones she already working on in Tina's updated post.

Reply 220#220 bala's post

Tina, torres, redsoxpatriot and I have done a great many of the "Abouts".  Then, Tina & I also get to edit anything that isn't quite up to standard.  You & sddvasquez have helped immensely, and I too wish more members would help out - even if they only were able to do one, but you should be a little more careful of your wording.  Saying that you appreciate the help the mods did greatly reduced your work is actually backwards.  The work you and other members have done has reduced OUR workload.  We appreciate it, but we're working hard too.

p.s.  The tarsier is the pic in her avatar.  I really don't think sddv is a tarsier herself.

Reply 228#228 gabsimom's post

I'm not exactly sure what the actual etiquette is, but sddvasquez has told me I could call her sddv or vsqz for short (I'm not sure if I remembered the 2nd one correctly), but both ID her quite well.  I know redsoxpatriot30 signs things as Red, and some members call him RSP, so I think as long as the shortened version can be easily recognized as a single person (and not confused with several members) it's OK, and most people don't mind.

UPDATED LIST:

Drama:
Damages, Dirty Sexy Money, Friday Night Lights, Hustle, Life As We Know It, Mad Men, New Tricks, Nip/Tuck, Oz, Rescue Me, Six Feet Under, Shark, The Black Donnellys, The L Word, The Sopranos
Action Adventure:
DONE!
Comedy:
Aliens in America, Friends, Greek, Monk, Psych, Pushing Daisies,  Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Seinfeld, The IT Crowd, The Office,Ugly Betty, Weeds
Sci-Fi:
DONE!
Animation:
South Park

sddvasquez is already working on Weeds, Damages, South Park & Seinfeld

Also, Milks is going to do The L Word & Nip/Tuck.

Reply 248#248 sddvasquez's post

Very cool!  I like it very much.    

BTW, I edited the Seinfeld episode guides so each season is in one post, and I removed the images from the one that you didn't like.   That's part of my to-do list crossed off.

Reply 250#250 linauri's post

To make sure no one beats you to it, post which show or shows you would like to do, then when you're ready, post your efforts in this thread.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with.  We LOVE to see members getting involved and helping out.

Reply 252#252 linauri's post

Feel free to ask me too, if you get stuck.  HERE'S a link that explains how to create a table for the actor/character lists, just in case you don't know how.  Also, it's helpful if you can put links for the actors to either their IMDb or wikipedia profile.  Have fun!  I can't wait to see what you do.

Reply 255#255 sddvasquez's post

Sounds good.  I'll wait until I hear from you.    Also, feel free to post the Weeds & Seinfeld abouts when they are completed to your satisfaction.  They're both great.

Updated List:

Drama:
Dirty Sexy Money, Friday Night Lights, Hustle, Mad Men, New Tricks, Nip/Tuck, Oz, Rescue Me, Shark, The Black Donnellys, The L Word, The Sopranos, Dead Like Me, Hotel Babylon

Action Adventure:
Deadwood

Comedy:
Greek, Monk, Psych, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, The IT Crowd, The Office, Ugly Betty

Sci-Fi:
DONE!

Animation:
South Park, X-Men: Evolution

Just for reference South Park, The L Word, Secret Diary of a Call Girl & Nip/Tuck are already spoken for.
So are Mad Men & Rescue Me (Gypsy)

Reply 261#261 KaitlynReynolds's post

Is there another show you'd like to do?  We'd love the help, if it's on offer.   Or, if you'd rather try an episode guide, check shows you like to see if they are in need and let us know which of those you'd like to do.

Reply 264#264 KaitlynReynolds's post

You are welcome to do the season 2 episode guide for Torchwood.  I'm sure torres (he's a guy) would appreciate the help.

Reply 267#267 KaitlynReynolds's post

Nice job!  I changed the image to a narrower banner in the thread, but everything else is you.   We appreciate the assistance.

Reply 269#269 redsoxpatriot30's post

You also did Aliens in America!  You have to remind us, because there's so much being done, that things can ge overlooked.  I hope sddv hasn't already been working on it.    I'll have to let linauri know that Aliens in America is already finished too.  It must have been when both Tina & I were out off commission for a few days.  Nice job, BTW.

Reply 266#266 KaitlynReynolds's post

Sorry I missed that post earlier Kaitlyn.  Please, go ahead and do the episode guides for Brothers & Sisters.  The unpinned About is almost up to scratch, so I'll just tidy it up.  Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Reply 273#273 KaitlynReynolds's post

Post it separated, you can even add back the things you took out if you like (but don't worry if you don't).  Then I can edit it together for you.  I've done that before, and it's no problem at all.   Check out sddv's Kyle XY episode guides on pages 2 & 3 of this thread for an example.

Reply 286#286 KaitlynReynolds's post

Don't worry about posting.  I'd much rather you ask ahead of time, so you can do it with confidence.

If you like, post them in here 1st.  I'll double check them, and then you can post them in The Tudors forum yourself.  That way you will be able to edit and add the new episodes as they come.

Reply 292#292 KaitlynReynolds's post

They are both great.   You just have to copy & paste them to The Tudors forum when you're ready.  Please send me a PM when you're done, so I can highlight & stick the threads, as well as close season 1.  Really nice to see someone else helping out.  We love that kind of spirit, and appreciate your time & effort.

Thread