Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

Reply 296#296 sddvasquez's post

Thanks sddv, I edited the about to use both of those.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but you're right, that smiling pig is a sweetie.

I know when he did them.  I looked at the date he posted them in SM, and it was when both Tina and I were not available for a couple days.  Then they got overlooked due to torres going fast and furious the following weekend and I forgot to check back over the pages.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 298#298 sddvasquez's post

I edited the B&S guides when I posted them so there wouldn't be the extra space.  I liked the 2nd banner, so I edited that into the guides.  Very neat looking.

Updated List:

Drama:
Life, New Tricks, Nip/Tuck, Oz, Skins, The L Word

Action Adventure:
Blood Ties

Comedy:
Greek, Psych, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, The IT Crowd, Ugly Betty

Sci-Fi:
Star Trek: TNG

Animation:
South Park, X-Men: Evolution, Robot Chicken

Just for reference the highlighted shows are already spoken for.  
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.

Reply 302#302 sddvasquez's post

Thanks.  I thought I had deleted it.  Nice catch.

Reply 304#304 bala's post

Star Trek: TNG only has 7 seasons, as do Deep Space Nine and Voyager.

Reply 306#306 linauri's post

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.  We're still saving it for you, so no worries.   

Hope you're enjoying some nice weather.

Reply 308#308 linauri's post

We're still having nice spring weather (thank goodness), so I'm enjoying having the windows open and airing out the place before summer comes upon us.  I only have a window unit for A/C and I don't like the heat to begin with, so I'm hoping for a long spring and a cool summer.

I've finished Monk - so it's off the list now too.

Reply 322#322 bala's post

I'd PM torres 1st, since Charmed is his forum.  He might not care, but he might want to do them himself.  It's best to check ahead of time.

Reply 315#315 bala's post

I'll award the points for the new series' once we have forums for them and they are used.

Torres might not check this thread, which is why I suggested asking him via PM.

Reply 326#326 bala's post

Not a problem.  I'm glad you're on top of getting the new shows started.

Here is the

Updated List:

Drama:
Life, New Tricks, Nip/Tuck, Oz, Skins, The L Word

Action Adventure:
Blood Ties

Comedy:

Sci-Fi:

Animation:

BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.

Reply 328#328 bala's post

I can't find it - the About for Greek.  Can you tell me where it is?

Reply 340#340 bala's post

OK, I thought I missed one in this thread.  The ones on the list are all ones that either don't have an About or need an updated one that's up to par with what we're doing now.

Here is the

Updated List:

Drama:
Life, Nip/Tuck, Oz, Skins, The L Word

Action Adventure:
Blood Ties

Comedy:

Sci-Fi:

Animation:

Reply 342#342 bala's post

The episode guides are a great help.  We're almost done the abouts for the shows we have at the moment - which is GREAT.  Once those are done, we'll only have to keep up with the newly added shows.  But you're right, there are still lots of episode guides that need done, so they'll keep us busy for a while yet.

Up To Date List

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done.  Bala has listed the ones he's planning to do.  Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.  If you'd like to try some, please post that here as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
In Plain Sight, Nip/Tuck, The L Word

Action Adventure:
Blood Ties

Comedy:
Everybody Hates Chris, Greek, Rules of Engagement, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Sex and the City, Swingtown, Ugly Betty

Sci-Fi:
Fear Itself,  Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman

Animation:
American Dad, Blood+, Robot Chicken

BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.

Reply 363#363 sddvasquez's post

It's all yours!  I had a feeling you'd want to do it.

Reply 367#367 commando's post

I'd love to see what you come up with.  I've highlighted Greek so others will know it's taken.

Reply 370#370 bala's post

I remove them from the list as they are done, so Back to You was already off the list when you posted.  I have removed The Lost World now too.

Episode Guides

Many shows still need episode guides.  For those of you who find doing an "About the Show" too daunting, please check your favourite show forums to see if episode guides have already been done for them.  If not, please post in here that you would like to do them, and then get started.  

As with the "Abouts", we prefer you post them here first, so we can check that they are up to standard, and can award points.  We have increased the points (from what was posted in the initial post of this thread) and an episode guide will be awarded 5 points if it is done well.  Look through this thread, as they have been edited, to see what a good basic guide should look like.  If it is especially good you will get a bonus.

Come on people - we need your help.  It's an easy way to earn some points, and you'd be able to give back to a site you enjoy so much.

Just a reminder - this is an ongoing project.  I have added the new shows to the list at the top of this page.  Even though the forums for some of the new shows haven't been created yet, you are welcome to let us kow which Abouts or Episode Guides you would like to do and then post them in this thread so they can be edited (if needed) and so you can receive your points.  This might be a good time to help out - many shows are on hiatus, but by helping you can bank some points for the fall season while providing some assistance to the site.

Thanks,
Barb   

UPDATED LIST:

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done.  Bala has listed the ones he's planning to do.  Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.  If you'd like to try some, please post that here as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
In Plain Sight, Nip/Tuck, 90210, H2O: Just Add Water, Merlin, Saving Grace, The Dead Zone

Action Adventure:
Blood Ties, Life On Mars, Rush

Comedy:
Everybody Hates Chris, Greek, Rules of Engagement, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Swingtown, Ugly Betty, About A Girl

Sci-Fi:
Fear Itself,  Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman, Fringe, True Blood

Reality: **No episode guides needed for reality shows.**
The Hills, MythBusters, Dirty Jobs, Time Warp

Animation:
Robot Chicken, Teen Titans

Just for reference the "Abouts" for the highlighted shows are spoken for.  The taken Episode Guides are highlighted in blue.  All others are up for grabs.
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.  Also, if I've missed any, please feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Ten points are given for Abouts, and 5 for each episode guide.  Please post them here first so they can be checked and/or edited prior to posting in their respective forums.

Thread