Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

when did the new shows go up? i'm away for one day and everything is changed!? what happened to tuesday updates? let me finish buffy and put it up. back in a sec.
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

In every generation, there is a chosen one. She alone shall stand against the vampires, demons, and forces of darkness. She is the Slayer.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (BTVS) was an American cult television series from writer-director Joss Whedon that initially aired for seven seasons between 1997 and 2003.

the story:
The show follows Buffy Summers, the latest in a line of young women chosen by fate as a Slayer. She must battle against vampires, demons, and the forces of darkness but, unlike previous Slayers, Buffy is not alone. She surrounds herself with a circle of loyal friends who become known as the "Scooby Gang" and together they slay evil beings, survive one apocalypse after another, attend high school and college, as well as face the troubles of growing up in a town that has a mysteriously high occurrence of unusual events.

the main characters:

the main cast:
Sarah Michelle GellarBuffy Summers
Nicholas BrendonXander Harris
Alyson HanniganWillow Rosenberg
Anthony HeadRupert Giles
James MarstersSpike
Emma CaulfieldAnya
Michelle TrachtenbergDawn Summers
Charisma CarpenterCordelia Chase
David BoreanazAngel

info compiled from wikipedia.org and the imdb

episode guides:
will be up soon!

start watching!
if you’re not a vip member yet and want to find out how to watch Buffy on this site, please go here

Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 5/5 - used/excellence bonus 4-11-2008 17:38
  • waterlilybarb Treasure +10 5/5 - used/excellence bonus 4-11-2008 17:38

he was in less than half the buffy episodes and only up till the third season when he moved to his own show. he will have plenty of space in his own about thread but the kid just got up and i can't post it right now! back in a bit...

Angel, a vampire cursed with a soul, moves to Los Angeles and helps people with supernatural-related problems while questing for his own redemption.
Angel is a spin-off of the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (BTVS was itself a spin-off of a 1992 movie of the same name). It ran for five seasons between 1999 and 2004.

the story:
The series focuses around Angel, a vampire over two hundred years old. Known as Angelus during his rampages across Europe, Angel was cursed with a soul, which gave him a conscience and guilt for centuries of murder and torture. He left BTVS at the end of its third season to move to Los Angeles in search of redemption, opening a detective agency to help those who have no other recourse against evil supernatural powers.

the main characters:

just can’t get enough of the angelverse? Despite being a spin-off in itself, Angel has inspired a whole "industry" of books, comics, and merchandise. Joss Whedon wrote an Angel mini-series of comics (the canonical version of which was published from 2000–2002), 24 Angel novels have been published, and the first issue of Whedon’s Angel: After the Fall comic book series was issued on 21 November 2007.
info compiled from wikipedia.org

Episode Guides:
season 1
season 2
season 3
season 4
season 5

start watching!
if you’re not a vip member yet and want to find out how to watch Angel on this site, please go here

Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 5/5 - used/excellence bonus 4-11-2008 17:37
  • waterlilybarb Treasure +10 5/5 - used/excellence bonus 4-11-2008 17:37

we have been having decent weather but the kid was super sick and i had a project deadline plus got called in to sub on friday. i can handle abouts for CSI: NY, Damages, Desperate Housewives, Seinfeld, Weeds, and South Park if no one else has called them yet.

probably a waste of time but bala seems to enjoy doing that...

BALA - read the other posts in this thread. you will see that i posted in #165 that i was working on an "about" for desperate housewives. i don't care what you do or who does what but there are enough things still to be done that you do not need to waste my time. for the record i am still working on CSI: NY, Damages, Seinfeld, Weeds, and South Park.

also, your tables will give the names all on one line if you give a larger initial specification and, if you put the link to the show's official site under the banner, you will not need to use another graphic for that.

In the city that never sleeps, CSI: NY never rests.

the story:
CSI: NY is the third of the CSI crime dramas––forensic investigators who use high-tech science to follow the evidence and solve crimes––this one set in the Big Apple. Det. Mac Taylor is a dedicated and driven crime-scene investigator who believes that everything is connected and everyone has a story. The job is his life; he focuses on cases until they are solved. He and his partner, Stella Bonasera, a well-traveled, well-educated detective, an orphan who flourished in spite of the system, share a passion for the job.

The team includes Danny Messer, an investigator with an unflappable spirit and a troubled family history, which he uses on the job as he blends his own set of hybrid ethics. Sheldon Hawkes is the crime lab's former coroner, a brilliant Ph.D. who transitioned to the field team. Rounding out the team is Lindsay Monroe, a young, athletic CSI with a Midwestern work ethic who is willing to roll up her sleeves to tackle any job and rarely hints at the dark and devastating secret that originally motivated her to dedicate her life to being an investigator. Joining them is Don Flack, an edgy, hardcore homicide detective with a quick wit, impressive forensic insight and a long family history in law enforcement.

the main cast:
Gary Sinise

Detective Mac Taylor
There are three things that I'll protect at any cost: the honor of this country, the safety of this city, and the integrity of this lab.

Melina Kanakaredes

Detective Stella Bonasera
Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

Carmine Giovinazzo

Detective Danny Messer
Yeah, I think I saw this on an episode of The Flintstones.

Hill Harper

Dr. Sheldon Hawkes
Death by swordfish. Man, I love being in the field.

Eddie Cahill

Detective Don Flack
Last time I checked, the murder weapon we confiscated didn't have cute little legs, walking around from toolbox to toolbox.

Anna Belknap

Detective Lindsay Monroe
Under the heading, "Things I Never Thought I'd See."

info compiled from tv.com, wikipedia.org, and imdb.com

Episode Guides:
season 1
season 2
season 3
season 4

start watching!
if you’re not a vip member yet and want to find out how to watch CSI: NY on this site, please go here

[ Last edited by sddvasquez at 4-18-2008 15:33 ]

abbr. name

people, how can 4 letters be confusing? sddvasquez can be shortened using the first 4 letters (sddv), by taking the vowels out of vasquez (vsqz), or using the first 4 letters of vasquez (vasq).

and don't tell me that vasquez is too difficult - there is even a saying in spanish that the name is so common that you "turn over a rock and out pops another vasquez"!

but i'll find anything you send to the tarsier too!

1. Doing The Backstroke
Celia gets Silas to make a confession and he gets arrested. Nancy goes in search of both of her sons while trying not to get shot by either U-Turn or the Armenians. Dean and Doug have a talk about their marriages. Andy gets punched in the face.

2. A Pool and His Money
Sanjay has a new experience. Nancy gets bruised. Conrad won't do what U-Turn wants him to. Lupita still won't follow orders. Heylia's out to handle a few things. The Amber Alert is still out on Shane. Andy gets in trouble with a couple who make him for a child molester. Silas gets to talk to Shane. Celia is still having problems with her husband and daughter. Doug begs Celia to forgive him.

3. The Brick Dance
Conrad and Heylia find a new grow house. Celia attempts to bond with Isabel, while U-Turn forces Nancy to run a dangerous errand.

4. Sh*t Highway
The DEA continues to probe Nancy's life to figure out what happened to Peter. Shane helps Nancy get a job. Someone asks the city council for a favor on behalf of Majestic. Conrad and Heylia set up their new grow house. Silas runs into Pam while performing his community service.

5. Bill Sussman
After going AWOL from the military Andy turns up in camouflage. The city council works with Sullivan. Shane goes to summer school in Majestic. Nancy's involvement with U-Turn becomes more entrenched and Silas has business ideas. Sullivan asks Nancy to hold a cocktail party.

6. Grasshopper
Silas makes a new friend, played by the smokin' hot Mary-Kate Olsen; Nancy's conflict with Conrad and Heylia comes to a head; and Nancy finds herself charged with the task of making peace between Agrestic and Majestic.

7. He Taught Me How To Drive By
With U-Turn's timely demise Nancy and Conrad check the status on their debts and then they check in with each other. Someone is pregnant and they are keeping it. Doug continues to try to sabotage Celia and Celia continues to sabotage Nancy. Nancy celebrates something. Silas begins spending more time with Tara.

8. The Two Mrs. Scottsons
Celia and Sullivan step up their relationship. Andy gets more involved in a different business. Silas and Tara begin working together. Shane and Isabelle spend time together. Nancy meets Peter's other ex-wife, Valerie.

9. Release the Hounds
Doug and Sullivan fight over a golf membership and Doug get some revenge. Nancy spends time with Valerie, who considers her an “insane stalker person”. Conrad and Silas spend time together. Dean is injured and hospitalized. Tara tries to get deeper into Nancy's business.

10. Roy Till Called
Nancy's up and running again until someone betrays her and sends in the DEA. Celia spends more time with Dean. Doug has ethics decisions to make.

11. Cankles
Nancy discovers who betrayed her and finds out she's being trailed. Some people lose their jobs. Silas discovers something about Tara. Shane installs a security system.

12. The Dark Time
Andy and Dean play murderball. Nancy ponders a new venture while Heylia and Conrad must abandon theirs. Doug sinks to an all-time low.

13. Risk
Nancy tries out a new source but it doesn't go so well. Conrad and Nancy are having some good interplay. Heylia and Vaneeta like the new neighborhood. Celia is angry.

14. Protection
Nancy has another full week of trouble to deal with and Doug isn't helping. Heylia teaches Celia.

15. Go
As the wildfire approaches, everyone must evacuate. Nancy tells her family to pack up, while Conrad and Heylia must say goodbye to the growhouse. The authorities question Sullivan and Celia, while Shane continues to ask Nancy about Pittsburgh. As Andy deals at the evacuation center, Silas realizes the truth about Tara.
Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Points +5 Done! 5-2-2008 06:36

this can be pasted right into janenjab's episode guide here

Putting the Herb in the Suburb.

the story:
Prior to the start of the series, housewife Nancy Botwin’s husband Judah dies unexpectedly of a heart attack while jogging. The Botwin’s live in an affluent suburb of LA called Agrestic and keeping up with the Joneses is a daily routine. Nancy begins dealing marijuana to locals to support her upper middle-class lifestyle. The series exposes the dirty little secrets that lie behind the pristine lawns and shiny closed doors of homes in their gated community and introduces characters (philosophizing drug dealers and thugs from the Armenian mafia) and situations (how to earn the respect of your supplier and the dangers of having a boyfriend who’s a DEA agent) that would never have registered on Nancy’s radar in her earlier life.  

season four:
Showtime has confirmed a fourth season – at least 13 episodes – of Weeds (hooray!). It is currently scheduled to debut on Monday, June 16, 2008. The plot is rumored to revolve around Nancy relocating her family (and her business) from her burned down Agrestic neighborhood to the beach town of Ren Mar on the San Diego/Mexico border.

the main cast:
Mary-Louise ParkerNancy Botwin
Tonye PatanoHeylia James
Romany MalcoConrad Shepard
Kevin NealonDoug Wilson
Elizabeth PerkinsCelia Hodes
Alexander GouldShane Botwin
Hunter ParrishSilas Botwin
Justin KirkAndy Botwin

info compiled from wikipedia.org, tv.com, and imdb.com

Episode Guides:
season 1
season 2
season 3

it’s the same but it’s not the same: no, you’re not the only one who appreciates the irony that a song about people acting all the same is interpreted in so many unique ways! go to this thread for a brief overview of the most different renditions of the theme song from the first three seasons and vote for your favorite (there’s also a link to the showtime site that has almost all of the versions in their entirety). Here’s the original for kicks:

start watching!
if you’re not a vip member yet and want to find out how to watch Weeds on this site, please go here

[ Last edited by sddvasquez at 5-4-2008 01:43 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 Just noticed you weren't awarded the po 6-3-2008 09:45

It’s a show about nothing.
Seinfeld ran for nine seasons between 1989 and 1998.

the story:
In this “show about nothing”, most episodes focus on the minutiae of daily life such as waiting in line at the movies, going out for dinner, buying a suit, and coping with the petty injustices of life. Some viewers see the world view presented in Seinfeld as somewhat consistent with the philosophy of nihilism, the view that life is pointless. In most episodes, one story thread is presented at the beginning, involving the characters in separate and unrelated situations. Rapid scene-shifts between story lines move the story forward. By Season 4, the episodes ended by having all of the separate story lines converge—often unexpectedly.

The show kept a strong sense of continuity—characters and plots from past episodes were frequently referenced or expanded upon. Occasionally, story arcs would span multiple episodes and even entire seasons. Seinfeld stood apart from other sitcoms of the time for not placing a shred of importance on the characters learning moral lessons. In effect, the characters are often morally indifferent or callous. It was often said that the mantra of the show's producers was: "No hugging, no learning."

the main cast:
Jerry Seinfeld

Jerry Seinfeld

Jerry is the show's central character who comes across as a "clean freak". In the show, Jerry makes a living as a stand-up comedian. His apartment is the center of a world visited by his eccentric friends. He is often seen as "the voice of reason" amid all the insanity generated by the people in his world. While seemingly the 'normal' one amongst his friends, his character's neurosis reveals itself in his obsessive cleanliness, narcissism, and steadfast immaturity.
Jason Alexander

George Costanza

George is Jerry's best friend since school. He is cheap, dishonest, and often jealous of others' achievements. He is often portrayed as a loser who is insecure about his capabilities. He often lies about his profession, relationship, and almost everything else, which usually creates trouble for him later. George was once succinctly described by Elaine as a "short, stocky, slow-witted, bald man". He often does questionable things which others might also do but often gets caught in the act.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus

Elaine Benes

Elaine is intelligent and assertive, but superficial. She sometimes has a tendency to be very honest with people, which often gets her into trouble. She often gets caught up in her boyfriends' habits, her eccentric employers' unusual demands, and the unkindness of total strangers. She used to date Jerry, and remains his close friend. One of Elaine's trademark maneuvers is her forceful shove when she receives good or shocking news while using her catch phrase "get out!". She is seen as the intellectual stronghold of the group of friends.
Michael Richards

Cosmo Kramer

Kramer is Jerry's "wacky neighbor" and friend. His trademarks include his humorous upright pompador hairstyle, vintage clothing, and his energetic sliding bursts through Jerry's apartment door. Elaine refers to him as a 'hipster doofus'. At times he acts naive, dense, and almost child-like, yet randomly shows astonishing insight into human behavior. He often dreams of ridiculous schemes to make money, some of which include a pizza place where "you make your own pie", a cologne that smells like "the beach", authoring a coffee-table book about coffee-tables, and designing a brassiere for men.

info compiled from wikipedia.org and the imdb

Episode Guides:
seasons 1-9

start watching!
if you’re not a vip member yet and want to find out how to watch Seinfeld on this site, please go here

[ Last edited by sddvasquez at 5-4-2008 00:27 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 Another one overlooked - we've slipped 6-3-2008 09:46

Reply #252 linauri's post

i'm going to pm you some guidelines that i follow and i'd be happy to help with any graphics you might need.  

waterlilybarb, i'm going to start with the south park episode guides so that i have the reference for the "about" thread. don't worry about sewing them together yet - it might take a while.
i've added the banner graphic and connected the links on the seinfeld episode guides. i think they're done but i'll still double check after i finish south park and damages.

just a few more things and they'll be ready to put up (i think i can get the text in seinfeld down a bit more still). thanks for keeping track of everything and putting on the finishing touches!

Reply #269 redsoxpatriot30's post

aaarrrgh! i had everything but the formatting. oh well, these things happen and how can you be mad at such a smiley pig?
i do have a trimmer banner if you want it:

and you have to use the theme - when i get through with you by vla. it's too perfect for the show!
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +5 used! Thanks for your efforts! 5-5-2008 16:23

great job, KaitlynReynolds! the only comment i would make (on brothers and sisters) is to not put an extra space between the titles and the text (like you have it on the tudors) to keep it trim. i looked for brothers and sisters banners and see there isn't anything nice and slim so i pared down these for you if you like either of them...

Reply #299 redsoxpatriot30's post

yes, he's some pig but be careful - i've seen a german saying that if you want to show your teeth at someone (as in grrrr!) the best way to do so is with a smile ah, those germans are more laughs than a barrelful of monkeys!  and we can't wait for damages to get back next month. just thinking about it gives me the chills, brrrr, creepy!

seinfeld doesn't get old. we're on season 7 again and, like friends, the plots are still outrageously funny. and we're going to try dead like me this week too! (also, if you want to get all your characters/actors on one line in your tables then just kick up the initial value a bit)

[ Last edited by sddvasquez at 5-6-2008 02:26 ]

Reply #301 waterlilybarb's post

rsp already got dead like me

aaargh - just realized that i've never posted the south park "about" so i went to get it but i didn't post it because the graphic isn't done! i'll work on that today. i'll also take care of the about and episode guides for star trek (unless someone else is interested?)

has anyone already/does anyone else want to do the episode guides/about for enterprise?

Thread