Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

Hey all!

I'll do the edits tomorrow (hopefully).  My migraine is getting worse, and I just can't do it today.  But here's a better banner for Blood Ties:

Off again to rest my head.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

UPDATED LIST:

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done. Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.  If you'd like to try some, please post that here as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
90210, Beauty and The Beast, Canterbury's Law, Demons, H2O: Just Add Water, In Plain Sight, John Adams, Law & Order, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Medium, Nip/Tuck, ReGenesis, The Beast, The Border, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Whistler

Action Adventure:
Blood Ties, Life On Mars, Runaway, Rush

Comedy:
About A Girl, Eastbound & Down, Flight of the Conchords, Gary Unmarried, Greek, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Kath & Kim, Little Mosque On The Prairie, New Adventures of Old Christine, Privileged, Rita Rocks, Rules of Engagement, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Sophie, Swingtown, The Game, The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
Quantum Leap, , Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman

Reality: **No episode guides needed for reality shows.**
American Idol, The Hills, Dirty Jobs, Time Warp, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Sons of Anarchy, QI Quite Interesting, The Universe, LA Ink

Animation:
Robot Chicken, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Titans

Here are more new shows that will need guides & abouts.  I'm not sure of the genre for these.
Missing 2009, Wizards Of Waverly Place

Just for reference the "Abouts" for the highlighted shows are spoken for.  The taken Episode Guides are highlighted in blue.  All others are up for grabs.
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.  Also, if I've missed any, please feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Ten points are given for Abouts, and 5 for each episode guide.  Please post them here first so they can be checked and/or edited prior to posting in their respective forums.

Reply 761#761 waterlilybarb's post

thanks Barb,
i have now done that, tell me though i keep getting the wrong banners or wrong something! apart from Photobucket, what is another good site to use i forget.
thanks
Graham

Reply 763#763 grah3's post

Fanpop is a good site to check for banners.  Also, sometimes the images are fine (like a banner with a cast picture) but the name of the show isn't on it.  I just edit those to add the name.  Another thing I sometimes do is a google image search for a show to see what comes up.  You're getting better Graham.   I'm finding there's less to edit with each thing you do.  Check the edits I've done on the abouts & guides you've already posted, and make the font sizes the same.  I know sometimes you may have too many characters & it won't let you put it in one post (just ask Serena).  If that happens, feel free to do it in 2 posts, as I can edit it into 1.

I still have that wicked migraine - this is my 1st venture out of the dark today - so I can't check the things that need editing yet.  I'll get to it as soon as I can.  

Feel free to keep posting stuff people.  I don't mind doing a bunch of editing when I'm feeling better.

Reply 764#764 waterlilybarb's post

thanks Barb
i will check fanpop out again, i remember now, u take care now
catch u later, i will do another about soon.

Graham

Reply 764#764 waterlilybarb's post

Take your time you have 2 months until all the shows get added so sit back and enjoy. Sorry i got a bit carried away on Sunday with the about the show-i was bored  and had 3 hours kill and i did all those 8 Guides . i didn't mean increase your work-load

I finished-I'm not doing any more guides for few weeks

About "Fear itself"

You have nothing to fear but Fear Itself.

Fear Itself is a sci-fi/horror series that premiered in June 2008.

About the Show:
Fear Itself is a provocative, new 13-episode suspense and horror anthology series set to push the boundaries of this classic genre through a host of provocative talent, both in front of and behind the camera, including award-winning, sought-after directors John Landis, Darren Bousman and RonnyYu; actors Brandon Routh, Shiri Appleby, Elisabeth Moss, Cynthia Watros, Eric Roberts and John Billingsley; and writers, including Joe Gangemi, Steve Niles and Dan Knauf.

Its title is derived from the famous Franklin D. Roosevelt quote "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." The anthology was borne out of Masters of Horror and shares several of the same creative elements: self-contained horror/thriller stories directed by the biggest horror directors working in features today.

The series is produced by Lionsgate in association with IE Indy TV, and was created by Mick Garris. Emmy Award winner Andrew Deane is executive producer. Peter Block is co-executive producer; Grant Rosenberg is supervising producer; and Adam Goldworm, Ben Browning and Jonathan Hackett are producers.

Cast:  
Features a changing lineup of directors, writers and actors.

Theme Song:
"Lie, Lie, Lie" by Serj Tankian

information sources: tv.com & wikipedia
image source: fanpop

Watch it now!
For information on VIP membership, please see here.

Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 Ready to post. Thanks for beefing it up. 6-17-2009 16:06

Reply 766#766 bala's post

Thanks Bala.  I'm still not feeling p to par, but was able to do the few edits needed on a couple of your abouts today.  Much better, so thank you.   I've sent myself a PM of which post to start on next.

Reply  7667#7667 grah3's post

Graham, I finished editing Blood Ties.  That too was much improved, and there was a lot less to edit.  Well done!    For Fear Itself, check out a couple other sites, like wikipedia & NBC to fill out the "about the show" section.  Being an anthology series, there isn't really a cast, so what you have is fine for that.  Thanks.

Reply 768#768 waterlilybarb's post

thanks Barb,  how you feeling today, i hope your well, here is a get well kiss and a hug

Reply 769#769 grah3's post

Thanks Graham.  I'm ever hopeful of awaking pain-free tomorrow.  These migraines are just miserable, and make getting anything done very difficult.

Reply 770#770 waterlilybarb's post

well, barb, when i am better at all this i will help you edit and help people

About - RITA ROCKS

Rita Rocks is a comedy show that premiered in October 2008.

About the show:
A hard working mom and wife splits her time between a job she doesn’t particularly like, running the kids around and managing the household. She believes that if she can just get a few hours a week to herself, she can figure a few things out. After finding her old guitar in the garage and the prompting of a new friend, they start up a weekly jam session and are joined by a neighbor, the mail-woman and her daughter’s boyfriend and rehearses every night. When she is not rehearsing she works hard to put food on the table for her kids.

Cast:

ACTOR

CHARACTER

Nicole SullivanRita Clemens
Richard RuccoloJay Clemens
Tisha Campbell-MartinPatty Mannix
Natalie DreyfussHallie Clemens
Kelly GouldShannon Clemens

Source: wikipedia
Image Source: fanpop

Watch it now!
To learn more about VIP membership, please see here.

[ Last edited by grah3 at 6-18-2009 23:28 ]

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 6-18-2009 18:24 ]
Recent Ratings

help with posting, (Rita Rocks)

can any one tell me why, when i post an " ABOUT"; my table/box vanishes.everything else shows ok, but in the  preview its shows everything

Graham

[ Last edited by grah3 at 6-18-2009 08:20 ]

[ Last edited by grah3 at 6-18-2009 08:28 ]

Quote:
Originally posted by grah3 at 18/6/2009 08:18  
can any one tell me why, when i post an " ABOUT"; my table/box vanishes.everything else shows ok, but in the  preview its shows everything

Graham

[ Last edited by grah3 at 6-18-2009 08:20 ]

[ La ...
guys, i have fixed it but still not sure how i fixed it, anyone any ideas???

Reply 774#774 grah3's post

That's odd.  I have no idea why your table wasn't showing earlier.  Remember to untick the box "show signature" when you post it in the show forum.

Reply 775#775 waterlilybarb's post

hiya Barb, i edited it like a million time, i got it in the end,lol

Episode 1: Pilot
Aired: 10/20/2008
After Rita gets passed up for a promotion at work, she starts to question who she is and starts a garage band to capture the spirit of her younger days.

Episode 2: Lies, Lies, Lies, Yeah-ah
Aired: 10/21/2008
Rita skips out on Shannon's karate lesson to jam with the band and lies to Shannon about it. When Hallie exposes the truth, Rita tries to make it up to Shannon by buying her a dog. Meanwhile, Kip is determined to stay in the band against Hallie's wishes.

Episode 3: You Gotta Have Friends
Aired: 10/22/2008
Rita tries to help out Patty with her love life, but with no avail.Elsewhere, Rita and Jay become angry when Hallie and Kip plan to get tattoos.

Episode 4: Flirting With Disaster
Aired: 10/23/2008
Jay gets jealous when Rita and Patty take a trip to the guitar shop and meet two young musicians who invite them to watch their band perform.

Episode 5: Mother's Little Helper
Aired: 10/24/2008
When the sitter cancels, Rita and Jay worry they will have to cancel their plans for a weekend-getaway. Rita leaves Hallie in charge of the house while she and Jay are away, but sets up a surveillance camera system first.

Episode 6: Nobody Does It Better
Aired: 10/28/2008
After Jay makes a surprise dinner that gets rave reviews from the kids, Rita starts to feel unappreciated.

Episode 7: Take This Job and Shove It
Aired: 11/11/2008
Rita and Jay's money lessons fail to capture Hallie's attention once she gains a job herself. Hallie doesn't see any need to go to college until she observes how Rita's job affects her life.

Episode 8: The Crying Game
Aired: 11/18/2008
Jay's friends make fun of him after Rita reveals his soft side. Shannon gets the help of Kip and Hallie on her school film project.

Episode 9: Under Pressure
Aired: 11/25/2008
Hallie considers having sex with Kip after her friends constantly pressure her into doing so. When Rita finds out, she tries to advise Hallie in the right direction. Shannon invites Jay to Career Day at hers chool.

Episode 10: Got No Time
Aired: 12/2/2008
When Rita is called for jury duty and Jay, after much of Rita'snagging, joins a committee that turns out to be just an excuse for dads to watch sports, they enjoy how relaxing their new responsibilities are and realize they need to make free time a priority. Much to Rita's dismay, Hallie and Kip become vegetarians.

Episode 11: Love on the Rocks
Aired: 12/9/2008
When Owen spends more time practising with the band than searching fora job, his wife kicks him out of the house. Rita and Jay invite him to stay at their house for a while, and Owen gets a peek at a different side of his band mate that he doesn't expect.

Episode 12: I Write the Songs
Aired: 12/16/2008
Hearing that Kip is performing with another band comes as a relief to Rita and Patty, who thought that he was cheating on Hallie. When Rita hears the songs the new band writes, it ignites a fire in her and she tries to write some tunes of her own. She has a hard time, but finds inspiration through Jay when he reminds her of letters she once wrote to him.

Episode 13: The Girl Is Mine
Aired: 1/5/2009
When Rita comes down with a cold, Patty helps out around the house. But when Patty starts forming a special bond with Shannon, Rita gets jealous. Kip and Jay become closer after they have a video-game rivalry.

Episode 14: Old Friends
Aired: 1/12/2009
Rita and a former band mate, whom she holds a grudge against, are reunited via Facebook. Also on Facebook, Hallie and Kip compete to see who can make the most friends.

Episode 15: It's My Party  
Aired: 1/19/2009
Hallie loses her parent's trust when she sneaks out of the house to a college party. Rita is not sure how to respond to Patty's request to let her personal trainer join the band, and Rita and Jay are convinced by Shannon to host a birthday party for their dog.

Episode 16: I Can't Make You Love Me
Aired: 1/26/2009
After discovering that Jay's aunt doesn't like her, Rita sets out to make a good impression when she visits.

Episode 17: Get Off Off Of My Cloud
Aired: 2/2/2009
Rita and Jay have dinner with Jay's new client Sam, who reveals his secret desire of having a garage band. When Rita tells him that she has a band with her friends, he invites them to play at the company's annual party. Shannon finds a way to get Hallie to do all of her chores and make a profit off of her too.

Episode 18: Killer Queen
Aired: 2/9/2009
After Rita finds out someone has been bullying Shannon at school, she competes with the bully's mother at a school fund-raiser. Hallie buys a used car that makes Jay reminisce about the old days.

Episode 19: What's Love Got To Do With It
Aired: 2/16/2009
Rita and Jay both plan special Valentine's Day celebrations, in the hopes that there is still some spark left in their relationship.

Episode 20: We Can Work It Out
Aired: 2/23/2009  
Rita gets a promotion at work and makes the tough decision that she will have to quit the band to keep up with her hectic schedule. But when Jay and the girls start noticing that Rita isn't the same without her music, they try to get her to prioritize.

image source: fanpop
source: tv.com

Watch it now
How to become a VIP member

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 6-19-2009 15:02 ]
Recent Ratings

It Has Taken Me Almost A Year But I Now Know How To Make A Table, Talk About Slow Progress

Reply 778#778 spratt89's post

Well it does take time to perfect but if you ask me  it's getting the coding for table right . That's what i found difficult

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 19/6/2009 14:26  
Well it does take time to perfect but if you ask me  it's getting the coding for table right . That's what i found difficult
hiya, lol, i done it at the millionth attempt,lol but even then i wasn't sure how i did it,lol

Thread