Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

Up To Date List:

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done. Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.  If you'd like to try some, please post that here as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
90210, Castle, H2O: Just Add Water, In Plain Sight, John Adams, Law & Order, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Nip/Tuck, The Dead Zone, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Wallander

Action Adventure:
Blood Ties, Life On Mars, Runaway, Rush

Comedy:
About A Girl, Flight of the Conchords, Gary Unmarried, Greek, Privileged, Rita Rocks, Rules of Engagement, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Sex & the City, Swingtown, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
Dollhouse, Fear Itself, Roswell, Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman, True Blood

Reality: **No episode guides needed for reality shows.**
American Idol, The Hills, MythBusters, Dirty Jobs, Time Warp

Animation:
Robot Chicken, Teen Titans

Just for reference the "Abouts" for the highlighted shows are spoken for.  The taken Episode Guides are highlighted in blue.  All others are up for grabs.
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.  Also, if I've missed any, please feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Ten points are given for Abouts, and 5 for each episode guide.  Please post them here first so they can be checked and/or edited prior to posting in their respective forums.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 646#646 grah3's post

You are very welcome to participate Graham.   It's great to have someone who wants to help make the site more useful.  The only reason we have people post which things they'd like to do in here 1st is to make sure there isn't already an "about" or episode guide(s) for the show(s) they choose.  Fringe is still in need of an "about the show", so if you'd like to try that, have a look at some of the ones we already have for other shows to get an idea of the format, and then let me know.  If you choose to try, post it in here first, so we can award your points & make any edits before it gets posted in the show forum.

Thanks again for taking an interest.

Reply 653#653 grah3's post

Don't forget to add your source(s).    I'll check it when you're done to see if it needs editing.  Thanks Graham, and I added it in red in the chart, so no one else will try & do it.

Reply 657#657 grah3's post

Check it out now.  I used all your info - just gussied it up.

Reply 660#660 spratt89's post

UPDATED LIST:

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done. Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.  If you'd like to try some, please post that here as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
90210, Beauty and The Beast, H2O: Just Add Water, In Plain Sight, John Adams, Law & Order, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Medium, Nip/Tuck, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Wallander

Action Adventure:

Comedy:
About A Girl, Flight of the Conchords, Gary Unmarried, Greek, Kath & Kim, Little Mosque On The Prairie, New Adventures of Old Christine, Privileged, Rita Rocks, Rules of Engagement, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Sophie, Swingtown, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
Fear Itself, Quantum Leap, Roswell, Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman, True Blood

American Idol, The Hills, MythBusters, Dirty Jobs, Time Warp, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Sons of Anarchy

Animation:
Robot Chicken, Teen Titans

I'm not sure which genre most of these are, but they're spoken for:
Being Erica, Crusoe, Lie To Me, Leverage, My Own Worst Enemy, Flashpoint, Harpers Island, Legend Of The Seeker

Here are more new shows that will need guides & abouts.  I'm not sure of the genre for these either.
QI Quite Interesting, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, LA Ink, ReGenesis, The Border, Being Human, Canterbury's Law, Demons, Eastbound, And Down, Eleventh Hour (US), Life And Times Of Vivienne, Missing 2009, Star Wars - The Clone Wars, the game, The Beast, United States Of Tara, The Universe, Whistler, Wizards Of Waverly Place

Just for reference the "Abouts" for the highlighted shows are spoken for.  The taken Episode Guides are highlighted in blue.  All others are up for grabs.
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.  Also, if I've missed any, please feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Ten points are given for Abouts, and 5 for each episode guide.  Please post them here first so they can be checked and/or edited prior to posting in their respective forums.

Reply 663#663 grah3's post

No trouble at all.  I've had heaps of practice, but it's nice when someone else does the grunt work.  Editing is one of the things I really enjoy doing.  Plus, I'm a bit of a control freak.   

Reply 665#665 grah3's post

Go to edit, select all, copy and paste in a new thread in the Fringe forum.  This way you get the treasure for posting it.  If it says there are too many characters for you to do it yourself (sometimes happens), let me know & I'll post it.

Reply 667#667 grah3's post

I saw.   It's been highlighted, stickyed and closed.  Just post in here when you choose another show.

Reply 678#678 gabsimom's post

It's already been posted in The Dead Zone forum & I edited it there.  You know me - crazy control freak. :lol

Reply 680#680 gabsimom's post

You must be talking about me. ROFL!   (So not.)

Reply 683#683 grah3's post

No problem.  I asked a lot of questions when I as trying to figure out different things and was appreciative of other mods or members who were able to enlighten me.

Reply 687#687 serena75's post

They're yours.   I'll mark it on the list.

Reply 695#695 bala's post

You're fine to do those Bala, and you to Adam.  I'll add them to the list.

Reply 704#704 bala's post

You're welcome to do the guides even prior to them being added, as they can then be ready to post in their forums.  It really depends on your schedule.

UPDATED LIST:

Drama:
90210, Beauty and The Beast, Canterbury's Law, Demons, Flashpoint, H2O: Just Add Water, Harper's Island, In Plain Sight, John Adams, Law & Order, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Medium, My Own Worst Enemy, Nip/Tuck, ReGenesis, The Beast, The Border, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Wallander, Whistler

Action Adventure:

Comedy:
About A Girl, Being Erica, Eastbound & Down, Flight of the Conchords, Gary Unmarried, Greek, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Kath & Kim, Little Mosque On The Prairie, New Adventures of Old Christine, Privileged, Rita Rocks, Rules of Engagement, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Sophie, Swingtown, The Game, The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle, United States Of Tara, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
Eleventh Hour (US), Fear Itself, Quantum Leap, , Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman, True Blood

American Idol, The Hills, Dirty Jobs, Time Warp, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Sons of Anarchy, QI Quite Interesting, The Universe, LA Ink

Animation:
Robot Chicken, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Titans

I'm not sure which genre most of these are, but they're spoken for:
Crusoe, Legend Of The Seeker

Here are more new shows that will need guides & abouts.  I'm not sure of the genre for these either.
Missing 2009, Wizards Of Waverly Place

Reply 711#711 grah3's post

I know it hasn't been added yet, but this way, only the ur will need to be added in.

Reply 714#714 grah3's post

Hey Graham, I know your status has something to do with the amount of points you have.  I can't find the page that explains each level, but when I do, I'll post a link.

The Being Human guide is good.  We'll have to see how it's posted on the VIP site.  If they include the pilot, they'llmake that #1, so we'd have to re-edit the guide, but they might not have the pilot- in which case we'll have to remove it.  Fun, eh?

Reply 719#719 grah3's post

Hopefully, we'll get all episodes, but I know with some other shows with a similar distance between the pilot & 1st episode we don't always have the pilots.

You have a nice weekend too.

UPDATED LIST:

Drama:
90210, Beauty and The Beast, Canterbury's Law, Demons, H2O: Just Add Water, In Plain Sight, John Adams, Law & Order, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Medium, Nip/Tuck, ReGenesis, The Beast, The Border, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Whistler

Action Adventure:

Comedy:
About A Girl, Eastbound & Down, Flight of the Conchords, Gary Unmarried, Greek, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Kath & Kim, Little Mosque On The Prairie, New Adventures of Old Christine, Privileged, Rules of Engagement, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Sophie, Swingtown, The Game, The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
Fear Itself, Quantum Leap, , Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman, True Blood

American Idol, The Hills, Dirty Jobs, Time Warp, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Sons of Anarchy, QI Quite Interesting, The Universe, LA Ink

Animation:
Robot Chicken, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Titans

Here are more new shows that will need guides & abouts.  I'm not sure of the genre for these.
Missing 2009, Wizards Of Waverly Place

Thread