Thread
Printable Version

Torchwood General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 19#19 01torres's post

thanks i enjoy trying guess your question but as always you really surprises

i was expecting first question what trucking company does Rhys Own?

Still i'm going do quiz tomorrow

Ok so I just watched the new episode and I'm abit lost about 1 thing.....

Is there something between Jack and Gwen that I missed?

Because the sexual tension between them is skyrocketing to say the least

Reply 22#22 moppybrody's post

i think Jack fancies her but he knows she has a boyfriend and he been around a long time to know that eventually she is going get older and he just remain the same also the work they do put anyone he's close at risk.

Ahhh thanks for answering that Bala!!!

I just thought since I'm catching up on all the new season 2 episodes I might have missed it cooz to me it seems very sudden....oh well I might just have to go back and rewatch some of them

Reply 24#24 moppybrody's post

i still can't get over jack and Ianto kiss in previous week episode

Reply 20#20 gabsimom's post

In season 1 there was something said that owen and tosh got together already or was it that she wanted to (i forget) but either way she's tried before and he just doen't she her that way.  which i must say that i like that.  i don't think they make a good pairing.  also with jack & ianto, gwen & own(once apoun a time) & and gwen & jack in the future enough with the office hook ups.  Tosh has bad taste when choosing a lover and her choose in owen proves that once again.  She needs to look for love as far away from torchwood as she can get.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 2-8-2008 15:29  
i still can't get over jack and Ianto kiss in previous week episode
  Really? Wow my memory is really bad, I def gotta rewatch the previous episodes

Reply 27#27 moppybrody's post

Bala whats the big deal with the ianto jack kiss? I mean it was over done and Ianto is far to dull for somebody as dashing as jack (I'm a straight guy but it must be said that he's very dashing! ) but still it wasn't that bad! besides where's the shock they've been hinting at there relationship all season including most of last.

Reply 29#29 gaiusx's post

the big deal was i didn't see that coming

i don't know if this is a mistake but bbc3 is showing next episode after bbc 2 episode tonight-so does that mean both episodes will updated tomorrow or just 1?

Yeah its true i watched both. There doing it from now on much like channel four's first look thing. they did it on the beeb with both hereos and 24 when they imported them. if they don't put up the bbc 3 epi then you can always catch it on the the bbc iplayer for a week.

episode 5 - great guset star performance from Bryan Dick and a really interesting episode as we found out more about them all particuly Jack. great plot device and an all round good solid episode.

episode 6 - great to see Martha again (For those of you who haven't watched doctor who , why the hell not! Shes the doctors main companion in series 3). I felt they under used Alan Dale but otherwise it was another great episode from the writers with them giving us bits about martha we will see fully when she rejoins the doctor (I believe the boyfriend she meantioned must be the guy she met on dr who's season finale). Shocking ending have we seen the last of Owen!?

Since thats now the midway point of the series i feel I should review the series so far.

Series one was always enjoyable and even had some real moments of greatness seen most in the action packed series premiere & finale. With its strongest hour being the both touching and gripping episode "Captain Jack Harkness".
For all the criticism the british press gave Torchwood (some of it fair) it was still one of the most enjoyable things on TV.

Series two has really hit the ground running correcting all the previous series' flaws with real class. 'Meat' the series high point finally showed the writers had found Torchwood's grove and managed to finally find the right balance between action and drama. All six episodes have been at worst very good and at best brilliant. long may it continue!

what are your thoughts everybody?

P.S.For anybody else watching TV in britain things haven't things started great in 2008! with Shameless back to its best, Skins proving to be a real Gem and now with an ever improving torchwood.

Reply 32#32 gaiusx's post

i've noticed both episode have been updated

i wonder what 01torries is going to do?

5 question episode 5 and 5 question episode 6?

i didn't like episode 5 but episode 6 was brillant killing off a main character is popular mind you the martha returned kind of suggest something was going to happen to Owen.

Reply 34#34 bala's post

OMG, I doubt he is going to stay dead, that would just be too much. Next episode looks great.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 35#35 silver1978's post

we will just have wait and see

Really Bala? I thought it was the better of the two.

Martha is only in that one and the next two so its not like shes taken owen's job permanantly so either a new team member becomes the new doctor or owen comes back. it could go either way to be honest? of course toshiko is also a doctor but she rarely does that anymore. in fact we've seen her be a doctor in doctor who more than torchwood.

having said that in recent interviews Freema (martha) has said martha is more suited to being in torchwood and shes not in all of doctor who's next series so maybe she reunites with the doctor donna and captain jack (who is also back in the next series of DW) and then leaves with jack to be in torchwood from next series.
If they lose own they'll need a new dark charecter otherwise there's a danger of everybody getting along to well.

I just realized that I missed episode 5, are they updating 2 episodes per week now?
  I'm all lost now with episode 5....looks like I've missed something

[ Last edited by moppybrody at 2-16-2008 09:48 ]

Reply 37#37 gaiusx's post

you thought episode 5 was better than 6?

Reply 38#38 moppybrody's post

no this is one-off-the two episode because  bbc3 revamped itself so it decided air next episode after normal episode of bbc2-so next week it will only episode 7 updated with episode 6 airing on bbc2 and episode 7 on bbc3. as this updated.

Thread