Thread
Printable Version

Torchwood General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Day 4

so 456 want 10 % of the earth children and what is government bright idea why not use Asylum seekers and children in worst school to make up 10 % since there will become burden on society - i know it's a tv show but it makes you wonder if this actually happen would the British government do this ?.

I'm still haven't got over Ianto  how could they do this

Where are the torchwood fans ?

Well they said Torchwood employee life expectancy is low. Makes us wonder when Gwen will get it,

Reply 19#19 gabsimom's post

She's only one left

Day 5

Did anyone else notice that the image quality of this episode is poorer than the rest - did admin rush to upload it and end up with getting an inferior copy?

Children of Earth

Personally, this mini series is one of my favourite additions to the Whoniverse!  I though this series was very well written, directed and acted!  It was one of the most emotionally things I have watched in a long time.  As emotionally draining as Day 4 was it was my favourite installment of the series.  It angered me very much that the government was willing to give the 456 children to be used a drugs, but I found the dialogue to be very believable which made the emotional effect of the situation hit so much harder!

I still can't believe they killed off Ianto!  He was my favourite!  I really loved him as a character and I loved his relationship with Jack.  He kept Jack from getting too carried away in his work and gave him a real life for the first time in probably a really long time.  If there is another series, Jack is going to be a very different character from the Jack we have grown to love in the last few seasons of Torchwood.  He will probably go back to being more of the Jack we met back in Dr. Who.

Also I can't believe Jack killed his own grandson!  I know it was a small price to pay to save 10% of the population, but his own flesh and blood?

Overall I give this episode 5 stars!  I hope Russell T. Davies blows us away like he did here with the 11th Doctor in the new Dr. Who series!

Hi!  I just got done watching the how Torchwood series and I've noticed that people here have heaped a lot of praise on this last season.  

I really didn't like this last season at all.  I thought the storyline was a bit cheesy.  I did like the end of the last episode, though.  Captain Jack is back where I think he fits best, traveling the universe.
Too legit to quit!

I'm a bit confused....is Jack gay?  Or bi or something??
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 44#44 arksongbird80's post

I would say he's gay from what i remember

Yes he's gay but he act straight when he needs to

Reply 46#46 bala's post

In the show, jack is Bi, he comes from the future where the is no gay or straight, just fun.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

sanggye is right, remember the tree woman in Doctor Who. He doesn't even care about species. so my guess is that he is a sex addict who cannot be satisfied.

Reply 48#48 gabsimom's post

I wouldn't qualify him as a sex addict, as the Doctor said when Jack was first seen, is that the 51st century is more sexually inflexible

In fact he has been called omnisexual, because of willing to have sex with male, female, aliens.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Okay.  He just likes for likes sake....regardless or everything else.     I missed the tree lady thanks for the reminder.

I'm watching and trying really hard to not read ahead, but does/did anyone feel the "doctor" should have been involved?  It seemed like the thing for him and torchwood to do together.  Plus he's never crossed over and "most" shows have cross overs or something like it.

Torchwood: Miracle Day General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Starz's Torchwood spin-off, Torchwood: Miracle Day, now has a release date: July 8. The program follows the Torchwood team as they investigate a strange phenomenon on the planet: No one is dying. Starz has also released an official poster

Watch the official trailer for Torchwood: Miracle Day

Meet Bad Girl Jilly

This exclusive character profile video introduces us to Jilly Kitzinger, played by the lovely red-in-the-head Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under).

I'm re-watch the last episode in anticipation of the new one

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

you do know this is a stand alone series?

Reply 5#5 bala's post

It gets me back in the right frame of mind

Thread