Thread
Printable Version

Torchwood General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Bala whats the big deal with the ianto jack kiss? I mean it was over done and Ianto is far to dull for somebody as dashing as jack (I'm a straight guy but it must be said that he's very dashing! ) but still it wasn't that bad! besides where's the shock they've been hinting at there relationship all season including most of last.

Yeah its true i watched both. There doing it from now on much like channel four's first look thing. they did it on the beeb with both hereos and 24 when they imported them. if they don't put up the bbc 3 epi then you can always catch it on the the bbc iplayer for a week.

episode 5 - great guset star performance from Bryan Dick and a really interesting episode as we found out more about them all particuly Jack. great plot device and an all round good solid episode.

episode 6 - great to see Martha again (For those of you who haven't watched doctor who , why the hell not! Shes the doctors main companion in series 3). I felt they under used Alan Dale but otherwise it was another great episode from the writers with them giving us bits about martha we will see fully when she rejoins the doctor (I believe the boyfriend she meantioned must be the guy she met on dr who's season finale). Shocking ending have we seen the last of Owen!?

Since thats now the midway point of the series i feel I should review the series so far.

Series one was always enjoyable and even had some real moments of greatness seen most in the action packed series premiere & finale. With its strongest hour being the both touching and gripping episode "Captain Jack Harkness".
For all the criticism the british press gave Torchwood (some of it fair) it was still one of the most enjoyable things on TV.

Series two has really hit the ground running correcting all the previous series' flaws with real class. 'Meat' the series high point finally showed the writers had found Torchwood's grove and managed to finally find the right balance between action and drama. All six episodes have been at worst very good and at best brilliant. long may it continue!

what are your thoughts everybody?

P.S.For anybody else watching TV in britain things haven't things started great in 2008! with Shameless back to its best, Skins proving to be a real Gem and now with an ever improving torchwood.

Really Bala? I thought it was the better of the two.

Martha is only in that one and the next two so its not like shes taken owen's job permanantly so either a new team member becomes the new doctor or owen comes back. it could go either way to be honest? of course toshiko is also a doctor but she rarely does that anymore. in fact we've seen her be a doctor in doctor who more than torchwood.

having said that in recent interviews Freema (martha) has said martha is more suited to being in torchwood and shes not in all of doctor who's next series so maybe she reunites with the doctor donna and captain jack (who is also back in the next series of DW) and then leaves with jack to be in torchwood from next series.
If they lose own they'll need a new dark charecter otherwise there's a danger of everybody getting along to well.

yeah Bala right and if to go by what they did with heroes they will probably end with the last two being shown as a double bill on bbc two.

Thread