Thread
Printable Version

Criminal Minds Season 3-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

bala - just wait until you get to episode 8!!!

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Episode 10 was amazing and very dark!!  the reason i said wait for episode 8 was soling for the ending and the relationships between the agents.

This episode was brilliant in the way that it practically revolved around Reid.  It's been a while since he was the main focus.  i loved how they showed him connecting more and more with the TROUBLED boy almost to the point where you could see he might have been pushed to that point at one time.  i loved that he felt like it was his turn to save someone this time cause he is used for his brain over bron.  
i find "school" shooting plot lines very sad because the are no longer fiction and are happening everywhere now - makes me cry.   

episode 17

OK so lately they've been making the physco killers to nice.  In the way that we are left feeling bad for them, enough is enough i'm ready for a killer that is evil and i don't care how they were raised!  
the personal side of this episode was great.  i loved seeing the new orleans cop again (didn't see enough of him in this season of dirt) and it was interesting to hear alittle about JJ's life outside the BAU cause she never seems to be anywhere else than there.  loved the ending cause she thought she was hiding the relationship so well and the rest of the team had known about it for the last year.  very funny.    i'm glad she got over what ever was holding her back and that she went for it at the end.

episode 18

I liked this episode and thought the case that Hotchner & Rossi were investigating was very well done!!  
and the news that JJ let us know at the end of the episode (~grin~), hopefully that means a certain southern gentleman will be showing up more often.

Reply 31#31 bala's post

OMG - it better not be JJ w. Baby on board.   i have a really bad suspicion that it's Morgan
Great ending but a bit slow episode.  the video / sound was out of sink for 1/2 so that also subtracted from the build up.

Just finished catching up on my criminal minds - i'm really gonna miss JJ when she goes on mat leave! i loved the way they introduced her replacement! very humorous    

the story lines with kids freak me out.  it was well done but icky.  the gender twist was good - way to be outside the box.  

Speaking as a strong woman men like viper make my skin crawl!!  I liked reid's method much better!! i think it will be a great story development if Reid gets a girlfriend.

It was a good story line this episode and agent Todd is growing on me but i'm still waiting for AJ to come back.  can't wait to see the steam happen between Todd & Morgan.

ok so i totally missed the update notice before i read the board so the ending wasn't that much of a twist to me.  urgggg totally my fault!!.  
but other than that goof, it was a awesome episode!!  the way garcia connected with the kid, funny and sweet at the same time.  i totally agree that they should bring her out more often.  
also the ending on the plane with reid.... LOL so saw that coming as soon as he asked what she was playing with but still laugh out loud funny.

[ Last edited by kwargalla at 2-1-2010 03:35 ]

while i was watching this episode all i could think was spin-off set up.  and i'm excitted cause the characters introduced seemed interesting but in some ways it would be cool if they stuck around and joined the current team for a bit before the spin-off happens.  the yummy brit can stick around as long as he likes.  

It was a good episode.  abit predictable - especially the daughter saying what she said to save her father.  
loved macy's comment about gauccy being small to the inmate.  priceless.  

Reply 61#61 kellemanske's post

i can see what you mean.  but i also think bala's right too.    I think the ariters were trying so hard to introduce the new characters that they left the ones we know and love without much of the story line to partisapate in.  

something i was wondering and if any know let me know but why were the new team all supervisory special agents? isn't there normally one SSA on a team.  or is the original team all SSA's?

Thanks.  i think i had heard somewhere about the possible spin-off but i had totally forgotten, so i know nothing about the new premise.  I still find it very strange that they're all SSA's, i understand it's a "not play by the rules" kinda team but the FBI are kinda sticklers for their rules and hierarchy and pay grades so it doesn't make sense to have a team full of SSA's but i could be totally wrong....[color]

Reply 74#74 bala's post

i'm not sure about your reasoning there.  One of the woman murdered was kinda boring, she was taking pictures of scones, thinking people would be interested.  just saying... jk.

Great episode!!  poor garcia & team having to watch a murder and not being able to help.  talk about heart wrenching.  I love the relationship between Derek & Garcia, it's been great over the last 2 episodes.  it just brings a little humanity to the show.  

Plus LOVE Reids new hair and the boyband comment!!!

Reply 76#76 codebreaker's post

totally agree - i broke my heart just looking at the actors faces as they watched.  well done to the cast for conveying the emotion without saying anything.

Has anyone else been slightly weird around their facebook or any other socializing sites since watching this episode? it was my friends kids birthday today which she posted and my first thoughts were your posting too much info about yourself and life.  i do watch what i post (even before this episode) but since i've looked at what friends post with a different point of view.

Thread