22 12
Thread
Printable Version

Six Feet Under Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Six Feet Under Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Please Discuss Season 1 Here, do not talk about other seasons.
Hidden contents in this thread can be viewed after replied only.

Reply 1#1 gabsimom's post

i felt the first season was interesting that car accident with the father really made the show interesting and what made me like the show. Clare really interested me in this first season. i think first serious gay character i saw on a drama.

The show on whole is very dark and at times just weird but it is also Intriguing.  I have seen all the seasons of this show and by far the first is the best.  The concept of a show based around a family funeral home kept the show going as it always seemed that life (death) must go on and the problems were not everything.  Overall a good mix of characters and I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.  If you have just watched the first episode as part of the race then it is worth while to keep watching.

Racing to the Finish

[ Last edited by slade01 at 2-12-2008 23:39 ]

I agree with slade, it is a fascinating show

When I first watched this (when it was first added to the site) I watched the entire lot from start to finish.

I love the way the dead characters seem to portray an external version of the characters inner conversations (yes we do all have them )

The main cast are quite deep in character, all of them having faults and flaws and hidden secrets ;) ..... I may watch this again after the race is over

"racing to the finish"
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ..and I'm all out of bubblegum

Reply 4#4 philryk's post

Glad members can appreciate the great show, that 6 Feet Under is.

Hey Bala who are you refering to when you say "i think first serious gay character i saw on a drama.' David or Claire?

This show was okay...not really my type. It was a bit too morbid for me. I did sympathize with the family, though. I think it was a very real portrayal of pain during the loss of a family member. It was a really sad episode to be the pilot but then again, the whole show is about death. Nonetheless, it was nice to experience another new show. Racing to the Finish.

Reply 6#6 nye87's post

This is one of the best pilot shows I have ever seen. It's in my top 10 list. Yes, the show can be a  bit morbid....but it's about death & life (death first)

But we all have our likes & dislikes!

The dysfunctional family is being done to death (pardon the pun).  The premise is interesting but not a show I particularly like.  I like some of the actors so it made it okay to watch.

Racing to the finish.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

RACING TO THE FINISH

This is the first time I watched this show.  I think I need to watch more episodes to see if I like it or not.  So far the only character I like is Nate.
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

we agree with slade that the show has an interesting premise and, along with bala, think it's nice to finally be seeing solid gay characters. coming from a not very functional family myself i always like to see other people struggling with those relationships we would watch another episode but not right away

we're racing to the finish!

[ Last edited by sddvasquez at 2-13-2008 04:06 ]
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

I'd see one or two of the episodes on channel 4 years back, but had never watched it from the start.

I think it was a great first episode, really covered everything. I think the father being killed off early in the show, but re-appearing throughout is a great idea.

Reply 5#5 Milks26's post

i meant david

Reply 12#12 bala's post

I love Micheal C Hall....that man was simply divine on 6 Feet.

Reply 13#13 Milks26's post

i like him better in dexter

Reply 14#14 bala's post

No way! ...much better on 6

Dexter is an okay show (read the book).  I've seen 2 episodes so far...but it comes off as a very low-budget series in my view.

Well i dont know about this show, It is very intriguing  thats for sure, and I  like how nate wants to make death more real..grieving more natural, But if I will continue watching it remains to be seen..
I think that the cop lover of David is way to accepting of David, he should dump his ass. He is obviously just using him, considering that he refuses to show he is gay.

"iRacing to the finish!"

i think the family members are so well cast in this show. This was one of the first in the new generation of super tv series from HBO I think and i really enjoyed the first episode.
"racing to the finish!"

[ Last edited by peasonice at 2-15-2008 18:21 ]

Xarenna & Peasonice u guys should keep wathcing...this show will surprise u

Just watched the first episode for the race and found it entertaining and worth watching some more episodes before deciding if i want to watch the whole series.
I really liked the nate character!  and i agree with him regarding funerals.  i find them totally healing only when i can cry my eyes out and be a total mess.  
as a series opener the show did a good job of interducing us to the characters and left enough unsaid that i want to learn more about them!
good choice for the race!!

racing to the finish!

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Quote:
Originally posted by kwargalla at 2-14-2008 14:18  good choice for the race!!
I do what I can.

22 12
Thread