Thread
Printable Version

Terminator: T.S.C.C General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Terminator: T.S.C.C General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I'm so glad this show has been added this week so i'm giving all of you until friday watch 1 episode and comment on it.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 8-27-2015 18:24 ]

Friday - your being nice to people.  i'll wait 2 than to start discussing (already catch up on all air episodes )  
there is one glaring mistake they made in episode 1. i'll wait to vent on friday.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 1#1 bala's post

Friday eh Bala how nice . I've watched them all already could not wait for this to come to the site. The masses spoke and the admin staff listened

Reply 3#3 casper27's post

Well since i assume most of you have jobs you wouldn't get a chance to watch them until friday-if you want start discussing go ahead.

Breaking the cardinal rule!!!!!

ok i'll start the discussion off with my major complaint.  The huge mistake!!!!!  what's with the head making it through the time travel orb?!?!?!  Cameron just got done explaining that nothing inorganic can go through time, so what do they do to start off episode 2?? They break that rule by sending a skinless terminator head through time.  I caught this as soon as i saw the man picking up the head and i hope they either explain it very soon with a great explaination or admit to themselves they made a MAJOR mistake and don't do it a again.  The terminator lore is pretty much set in stone and those of us who are fans will pick up on this mistakes.  i understand the show wants to make their mark in the Terminator franchise but hopefully they won't do so by re-writing the lore.

ok so after i finished writing down my rant i found this:

Please be assured that I am VERY familiar with the rules of time travel as explained by Kyle Reese in the first movie. When Cromartie’s head goes through the time bubble, THERE IS FLESH ON IT. If you can’t see it, that’s because a) it’s burning off very quickly and b) certain people don’t like it when we show burning flesh, cyborg or not.

(Historical note: The first person to ask me this head/bubble question was Jared in Props--a year ago while we were shooting the pilot.)

Exerp was taken from the Producer's Blog, Written by Josh Friedman, Creator/Executive Producer

So the producers have done what i asked and thank you very much to them!!now i can pertisapate in the discussion like a normal person. can't wait for the next episode

Reply 5#5 kwargalla's post

i didn't know this -i assume they have to do it so bad guy can follow them.

Reply 7#7 bala's post

yeh i totally understod why they did it, what was bugging me was the how.
the growing the skin back over the metal skeleton was gross.  he so looked like he was made out of silly-puddy when he emerged from the bathtub.

Me and my mate had a right discussion/argument about this and I win. He said that they got around it because they went through at the same time????
I though the whole growing skin thing was a bit far fetched but I suppose it did tell him a way to do it quicker. Why did they need keys for the safety deposit boxes as she could have ripped them all open.

Ok without reading future spoilers or seing posters ect who would have guessed that she was a Terminator. I must admit I went in more or less blind on purpose and didn't see it coming. New episode Monday can't wait.

Reply 9#9 casper27's post

i went in blind as well and laughed   when she said the famous line "Come with me if you want to live".  I must admit i finally got suspicious  when she got shot, being a TV show not a movie something clicked in my head at that scene.

Well the thing i liked about that i didn't know how robot got skin so that episode help me understand how robots look human.

Seems like we have a captive audience, who is up for a quiz???

Reply 12#12 casper27's post

hey that would be a good idea

Reply 12#12 casper27's post

sounds great. i'm always up for a quiz.  plus it may bring more people into the discussion

Hey all, joining the discussion. I've watched the first 4 episodes so far and I'm totally loving it!!!

kwargalla, when I saw your post about the head going through I was just about to type that it had skin on it, but then I saw your other one. Very clever how they did it.

The bath scene was great, very ingenious !!

i love where their going with "The Stranger" story line.

a piece of trivia regarding character names:

1) The Character "Cameron" is a tribute to James Cameron, who directed the first two Terminator movies.
2) FBI agent Ellison is named after Harlan Ellison, the science fiction author whose work inspired the Terminator movies.

Reply 17#17 kwargalla's post

interesting

Watched the last two. So, the Robots can go bad and nobody knows why !! Why did Cameron put the chip in her pocket?!

Reply 19#19 shinny's post

Well that's a good question i suspect that she not on the right side.

Thread