Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Atlantis Season 4-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Why did Carson have to go? couldn't someone else die? Isn't it interesting in both Stargates they kill off the Doctor? And not Doctor Who he hasn't been to the Pegasus Galaxy, yet.

from what i understand the fans put up such a fuss when they killed off carson that they are bringing him back, whether its just for those 2 eppys or (hopefully) more dont know

Come Over To The Dark Side, We Have COOKIES!!!!!!

Reply 31#31 gabsimom's post

This episode was brillant it was great to see rodney and her sister-she's growing on me i wonder if they will make her member of atlantis whenever. it was fantastic episode i really thought that episode was very interesting but isn't risk that the ananites could communicate with replicator give Earth location away?

did you know that his sister on the show really is his sister.....i thought it was a great eppy and rodney was gonna give his life for his sister   that was so sweet.....next week is the last new atlantis i think i might cryyyyyyyyyy.............i dont think shepperd was to happy with himself for talking that guy into feeding the wraith, not sure how i would feel in his shoes either

Reply 41#41 mamaeyeore's post

I had actually forgotten that little fact.  Thanks for reminding me.  I love trivia like that.  As for next week's being the last episode, they always break their season in half.  That will just be the fall finale.  Hopefully, the writer's strike will get resolved over the holidays and we'll have our shows back in the spring.

I was happy to see Rodney finally understand the bond, and his willingness to sacrifice himself for his sister.  That was sweet.  As for John's feelings, they were definitely ambiguous, to say the least.  At least Wallace realized his responsibility in the whole situation and, in the end, did the right thing.  It probably wasn't that tough a choice, seeing as how he had just lost his daughter.  He most likely felt he didn't have much left to live for.

What about the fact that more non-government people are aware of the Stargate program?  It certainly opened up the possibility for more trouble to come from civilians.  And, bringing the Wraith to Earth, though necessary, doesn't seem like a really good idea to me.  He wants to get back in with the rest of the Wraith.  Even if he garnered just a bit more info on Earth, it's location and/or the vast feeding ground it contains, wouldn't that give him a huge bargaining chip to be brought back into the fold?  It will definitely be interesting.

p.s. mamaeyeore, when I said it was nice to see Teal'c, it was the scene at the SGC when Carter was leaving.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

oh my oh my...was just watching some q&a on sci-fi and ronan n doc keller have a make out session...........mannnnnnn

SG Atlantis - **Spoilers** S04E11

Wow was so worth the wait, Cant believe the ending.
What do you think she meant?
Do you think the wraith survived?
McKay is fast becoming my favorite character genius.

Fav Quote:- "Colonel", "Colonel", "Colonel", "Colonel"
Mckay:- "You've got to be kidding"

How was it for you??

Why cannot Weir die I really wanted this Replicator arch to end but oh no Weir is too clever for that. Now that the Atlantis Team think all the Replicators are destroyed she can work in peace without fear of discovery. But Mckay creating a Replicator himself now that was unbelievable I hope he does it again maybe with a certain doctor we all know and love.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Reply 2#2 01torres's post

Ahh i didnt even think of that, very clever. Im with you for Weir to just lay down and die but im also intrigued as to where this is going.
Do you think the Wraith got out in time?
Maybe Sheppard will get some loving in the near future, Hope so she is welcome eye candy to the show

I think we saw a ship get caught in the explosion but that was on the Travellers ships. The next episode is about a damaged hive ship which was part of the battle so I think some of the ships may have been destroyed but not all of them. Even so only 7 Wriath  battleship would have been destroy and that not a lot.

I don't trust the travelers. They are after ancient knowledge. Weir? Bad or Good? Get to work on what? Who has Teyla's people. By far this was the best episode of the season.

That was an unexpected ending.  

As for Rodney creating a Beckett replicator, from the promos, it sure looks like that's a definite possibility.

Do you think Teyla should be grounded from offworld missions because she's pregnant?  She seemed pretty PO'd about it, especially since she still wants to find her people.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 6#6 waterlilybarb's post

Course she should be grounded, cant count the amount oftimes she has been stunned, knocked out or just roughed up.
The Beckett replicator theory though, not to sure because in the promo he said "what took you so long" meaning he has been waiting a while for them.
Still want my theory of the Beckett that got killed been a replicator and the real one is still out there to be true. Heres hoping

I think John has other motives for grounded Teyla other then her being prego.....i think he was slightly upset as in maybe he had feelings for her, cause have you ever heard him take that tone of voice with her before....ouch...i'm not saying she shouldnt be, but man can you at least say i'm happy for ya, like ronan did.  I dont know about weir if she were good weir wouldnt she have said something to them???  Seems more like bad weirs in action now.  i hope ur theory is right casper cause that would start my year off right

SG Atlantis - **Spoilers** S04E12

Wow what a great episode. I can't remember but has Teyla's ability ever been explained? Where did the Wraith DNA come from? You would think Wraith worshippers would have this ability. This was the best episode of the season IMO. I am a little frustrated they just can't seem to get a ZPM. It is like they are falling out of the sky and they just can't seem to pick one up. Also why didn't Sheppard shoot the queen right away why wait for Teyla to ask him?

Reply 1#1 gabsimom's post

Re Teyla's ability:- Quote Wikipedia
"On the mainland Teyla visits an old woman named Charin with whom she talks about her past and her abilities to feel the Wraith. After some hesitation Charin tells her a story about some people from another planet who returned after the Wraith captured them. However they were different, started to hear voices and because of this many of them were killed and the remaining left. It turns out that Teyla is a descendant from this people"
I know how you feel about the ZPM its like see ZPM,Get ZPM,Lose ZPM every time.
I think Sheppard may have thought it would harm Teyla if he shot her whilst still "Connected" maybe.
Cant believe they let the Wraith escape at the end surely they would have made sure he was in the jumper? Have to agree though was a brilliant episode and so visuals as well.
The Ancients were a bit stupid by the sounds of their battle strategies though.
8.5/10

The Ancients were cocky like all great powers and they overstretched their border too much. At least we now know how the Ancients were defeated.

Well we now have more of an answer about how the Wraith reproduce!
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 4#4 silver1978's post

Oh yes that was pretty interesting. Ewww

Did you notice they put a mask straight onto the newly(Hatched/Born/Pucked) Wraith. Why do think that is. Surely its not for prosthetic reasons. Although not even a mother could love that face.  
Any further ideas what Weirs up to?

Thread