Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Atlantis Season 4-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

No idea about Weir. I noticed a cast system among the wraith much like ants or bees. I suppose the mask is because it is underdeveloped compared to the other wraith. If you noticed it was pretty upset until the mask was put on.

Reply 7#7 gabsimom's post

Maybe its like a comfort blanket..

ooo a wraith binky

I have to agree, it was definitely one of the best episodes I've seen in ages.  Very cool how Teyla could communicate with her unborn baby, and that she found out it was a boy by this.  I figured it was because she was pregnant that she could use the Wraith technology more easily, but I was surprised that the baby itself actually could assist her.  And about the ZPMs - I KNOW!  They need to just get one already.  That is getting annoying.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

I've got a spare one they could have

At a very reasonable price i've had it up on E-bay for ages but just got time wasters, Last girl some "Traveller" won the bid but just didn't turn up.Said she was having ship trouble or something and was running late

Yes that really anoyed me, especially when later she says " if you had even hesitated for 1 second then ,..... her baby dead!" he was moving slow and haning around like he was on the phone to her having a conversation. he could have shaved at least 15 second off the time she had to be controling the wraith. any way all ended well!

Reply 12#12 tommble2008's post

Glad to see a new face, welcome to our discussions and please come back.

SG Atlantis - **Spoilers** S04E13

"Quarantine" - I loved this episode.  It gave us a chance to get to know some of our characters a bit better, and it gave them a chance to get to know one another better.  I have acrophobia so I was about to throw up when it showed Sheppard scaling the tower, and then when Teyla stepped out on the ledge to see what was going on I almost freaked.  I HATE heights.  

How about the look of a budding romance between the doctor and Ronon?  I never would have seen that coming.  And Teyla is huge!  How pregnant is she?  And how did she get so big so fast?  OK...the actress was actually pregnant, so I guess you can't hide that, but they should have tried to film some more stuff before she was so big.  

I felt sorry for Rodney.  Did it look to anyone else like his relationship might be over now?  He is arrogant, pessimistic and annoying, but Keller seemed to like him in spite of all that.  He really didn't do himself any favours by allowing his fear to overwhelm him.  Too bad.  What did everyone else think?

p.s. Sorry if I jumped the gun Tina, I just couldn't wait to talk about it since I just watched it.  BTW, it's here, even though it isn't in red on the main VIP page.

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

No problem I do not mind at all. I totally saw the Ronan romance coming, just because in one episode he had a kinda look and I remembered his girl back home was in the medical profession. I thought he might have a thing for that. I think Sheppard is totally in love with Teyla he just won't admit it. I loved that Rodney did not get to save everyone this time and everyone just sat there trapped waiting on him  I don't think his relationship is over. I think he saved it by admitting he needed help. She knows she can't be with him if stays like that, but her glass is half full and I think she believes he can change.

I totally agree about the pregnancy thing she was massive considering she is only supposed to be about 3-4 months gone. Felt quite sorry for Rodney I hope he didn't blow it but as Gabsimom said she likes him even with all his flaws and shortcomings maybe even likes him even more for them. The Ronon doc romance took me by surprise as well but I think there well suited seen as he's in there all the time anyway.
The look on Radek's face when Carter took off her top was hilarious, can't blame him though. What do you think of Sam's long hair? im not a fan I prefer her with short hair.
Im glad Radek saved the day though just to see Rodney sqirm a bit.
Always wondered why a self destruct always has such a long time limit surely if there was a outbreak that bad it would just blow up in 10 seconds or something.
Not a bad show but im more into the battles and stuff but it was good to get to know them a bit more.
Oh and yeah I agree Sheppard in so totally in love with Teyla
8/10

Through the whole episode I kept expecting to hear that song "Let's Get it On" in the background LOL

I thought it was pretty boring for an SG:A episode. Although the scenes with Ronon and the Doc were the best part. I hope they get together- Ronon needs some love in his life!

And so true about Sheppard/Teyla. I think thats why he was more upset about the pregnancy then I think he had reason to be. Well, Teyla needs a baby daddy too
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Episode 11

Well this was fantastic episode 2 bad guys and Atlantis didn't see that coming and Fran,Mckay creating a beautiful woman replicator-she was so innocent , i love how she said 'hi' then maginised other replicator together.i really liked her it shame he couldn't create something less human.

Ep12- Well teylor ability i thought the baby might be part wraith which was my reasoning to think she flew a lot easier, ,we were wondering what the wraith was going to do with the ZPM in ep11 now i couldn't believe it. This was a taylor episode and way she took over the queen is impressive with her baby. They destroyed the cloning facilities

Reply 4#4 silver1978's post

I think once they find Teyla's people, the father of her child won't live very long.  Once he's out of the picture we might see John & Teyla get together, but not right away.

Well it's interesting to see character who normally don't hang around with each other like ronin and doctor better understanding of each other maybe some sort of attraction .Impressed Sheppard remember mckay password but climbing up the towers?at least we got see new side of Atlantis.

Episode 14 'Harmony'

Simple day walk in forest-not exactly how i would describe it,Harmony is one manipulative girl   but i liked the fact that girl changes her attitude and painting at the end

SG Atlantis - **Spoilers**S0414

I just finished watching "Harmony" and am still chuckling over the ending.  That little girl...queen or not, princess or not...WAS a brat.  I thought it was particularly funny that John told Rodney (known for his love of children ) that people usually find annoying in others qualities they don't like in themselves.  Talk about hitting the nail on the head.

Only Sheppard and McKay were featured in this episode, but it was nice to see the growth Rodney has made.  He's not nearly so cowardly as he was in the beginning...just mildly so, like most people would be in such dire circumstances, though he IS more vocal about his fear than most people.  I'm assuming that by his initial reaction to the thought of another sister means that he and Keller have called it quits.  I don't think he would call dibs if he still had a girlfriend.

The story was a good one, but I sussed out the evil sister pretty quickly.  And I could have done without the kid being quite so obnoxious.  Her proposal to John was amusing, as were her many threats to McKay.

What did everyone else think of it?

Reply 6#6 bala's post

You're right.  It was impressive that Sheppard remembered McKay's password, but when he explained how, it made it more easy to see how he remembered.  Talk about an ego!  McKay never fails to impress with how highly he thinks of himself.

This episode was very cute. What did you think of the mini drones? only effective if you have them on you planet and are close by. Awful big machine too. Harmony was cute.  She changed sides pretty quickly, when mcKay saved her. she also played the young Adria, I think?

Reply 2#2 gabsimom's post

I thought she looked familiar!  I think you're right about her playing Adria as a little girl, and she is very cute.
Whether I'd ever want someone like her to be the leader of my people is a completely different matter.  Being that quick to change sides isn't always a good thing.  If they have these people in another storyline, I hope that it shows her having good advisers.

Mini drones would be handy, as you say, in a limited area.  Not a pleasant way to die though...being swiss-cheesed.

i discuss this on season 4 discussion

Thread