35 12
Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Atlantis Season 4-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 86#86 bala's post

TRIO was certainly the right title for this episode.

Just finished watching it and I really enjoyed it too.  It's kind of nice that the last couple episodes have been about only 2 or 3 characters.  It allows us to see different sides of them.  I agree with Tina that they most likely had Sam get injured so the other two would have to get them out.  And it was nice to see Rodney man up a bit more.  He can be very whiny at times, but this episode let us see the more masculine, protective side of him.  It was funny though when they were playing the who would you rather game.  He was so reluctant at first, which is understandable, but hilarious when he got into it and picked Job Stewart over Steve Carell or Stephen Colbert. lol

I was shocked when the doc asked Rodney for a drink too, but think it's definitely more of a flirtation.  She had a real chemistry with Ronon and if she's really going to get together with anyone, I would bet on him.

I also was hoping to see them go to the village at the end.  Those kids were brats!  It would have been priceless if Rodney got to tell their parents what they did.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Midway - 4x17

I loved this episode!  It was great to see Teal'c...and his hair was very cool...especially the white streak on the side.

I was wondering if we would get the answer to Craig's question as to who would win in a fight.  We didn't, but now I think it might be a draw.  They were very evenly matched.  

It was great to see them have to work together and there were some truly funny moments.  Ronon telling Teal'c that he says "Indeed" a lot, and Teal'c not even realizing it was priceless!   Also, when Teal'c said he would like to have a weapon like Ronon's...the response, "Get in line" was good.

It was nice to see the SGC again, and I liked that they made the Wraith a big threat once again...especially to Earth.  It will be interesting to see what happens next.  Teyla must be ready to have that baby any time, since she looked about ready to pop.  I liked too how Sheppard seemed truly surprised when she intimated that she wouldn't be returning to active duty after the birth.  Can't wait until this week's episode airs.

Reply 96#96 casper27's post

You took the words right out of my mouth.  My jaw just about hit the floor at the end.

Regarding Teyla's baby, since both parents have the wraith gene, this child is going to have an even stronger ability than  his parents to detect wraith and communicate with them.  We saw a glimpse of that when Teyla was on the wraith ship and took control of the queen.

Too bad about her people.  I hope there's an antidote to what Michael has done to them, so maybe some can be saved.  I was also glad to see Michael again, since I suspected he was behind their disappearance, though I had no idea what his plan was.  I like the idea of removing the wraith's need to feed, but am wondering what there place in the galaxy will be if it happens.

As for Todd, which is a ridiculous name for a wraith BTW, he's growing on me too.  I can't see him ever being part of the team...unless he gets altered and no longer has to feed, but he sure is an interesting character.

Reply 102#102 bala's post

I love endings like that!

Reply 104#104 bala's post

That just goes to show that they can keep a secret if they want to.  We knew he would be returning from the promos at the beginning of the season, but we had no idea how or when.  It was great!

Unless the Carson that died was unknowingly a replicator, I can't see how this one can be anything but.

And that line was an awesome way to end the episode.

Reply 106#106 sbartist1989's post

I'm with you.  I miss our Scottish doctor...especially since he's really Canadian.

Reply 116#116 gabsimom's post

Me too.  Another replicator wouldn't have been satisfying, though a dying clone doesn't make me feel much better.  At least they've left the option for him to return.

As for Teyla and the baby, you're probably right, at least about her getting rescued without him.  Michael definitely wants that child.  I'm glad they found the Athosians though, and hope they use some of them again.  Christoper Heyerdahl, aka Halling, is too good of an actor not to be used.

Reply 121#121 gabsimom's post

I like that scenario better than the rapid aged child, especially because I really can't see Teyla not being on the team.  Also, it would make the death of the baby's father (I don't know how to spell his name) heroic...if it happens.

Reply 1#1 bala's post

I was bummed out when I realized it was the season finale.  I had forgotten they only do 20 episodes.   It was a good one though, and, of course, they left us hanging as per usual.  I found it interesting too, to see what would happen if Teyla wasn't rescued and Michael got her baby.  

I was screaming "NO!" when McKay & Keller got together...even though I knew it was in a different timeline.   I want her and Ronon to get together.  I was glad they didn't leave it with Sheppard in the stasis chamber, because that would have sucked.  Now we just have to wait until next season to find out how they get out of the mess they're in now...with the building collapsing around them!  McKay should have known there would be a booby trap.  I did, and I'm not the genius he claims to be.

All in all, good season finale.  I'm just bummed we have to wait until next season for any new episodes.

5x02 - The Seed

I have to say I liked this episode.  Though Woolsey isn't pleased with the fact that it took breaking protocol to do the job, it showed that he's willing to bend a bit.  I was worried that he would be too rigid.  I'm sure he will be on some issues, which will create conflict (something necessary for the show), but at least he's realized it's just not possible to follow the rules 100% of the time, especially since they were made by people who have never had to deal with the wild and crazy goings on in the Pegasus Galaxy.

I agree with Bala.  I too loved Sheppard's closing line of, "Welcome to the Pegasus Galaxy."

It was great to see Carson again, and we now have the possibility of him becoming a recurring character.  I hope he does because I really like him.

As for Tina's comment about Sheppard & Teyla, I kind of agree (shudders in shock ) with Bala, once again.  I think he does love her but I don't think it's a romantic love.  It seems more like a brother, or like a team member.  You can't work that closely with someone, especially in such dangerous situations, and not get close to them.   There's no doubt in my mind that he'd give his life to safe her, but I think he'd do that for the others too.  The definitely have a unique bond though.  What I'm curious to see is if Kanan will really fully recover and if he & Teyla will be a couple.

Reply 8#8 gabsimom's post

Carson was sent back to Earth because he still needs treatment to make sure his cells don't start to degenerate again.  Keller said her treatment might not be a permanent solution.  I'm REALLY hoping he comes back - even if it's just as a guest throughout the season.

It does look like they are setting Keller & McKay up to become involved.  Why they keep giving Rodney the hot women is beyond me.  Sheppard or Ronan needs a girlfriend.  BTW, wasn't Keller showing an interest in Ronon last season?  Now that I'd like to see.

Reply 11#11 Tigernach's post

I liked the idea of Keller & Ronon.  On Sateda, the woman Ronan loved was also a healer, so there was a parallel there and showed his attraction to strong women.

Broken Ties
I like this episode and how it showed that the wraith are still a viable threat, especially by their being able to turn someone as strong as Ronon.  They have always been a threat on Atlantis, but less so of late, so it was a good reminder.  

I liked the humorous moments in the episodes as well.  Woolsey is definitely unique.   His inability to get out of the "ready room" (I can't remember what the call it on SG) and his choice of leisure clothes were both quite amusing.

I'm also pleased that Teyla has rejoined the team and that Kanan is well enough to be with her and Torren.  He seems very supportive of her and I hope all stays well in that sector for a while at least.

Reply 15#15 gabsimom's post

I agree with your assessment, and I'm rather curious about last week's episode too.  I knew the wraith ships were made in part of organic material but I didn't realize they were grown.  It will be interesting if they touch on that again to see if we get any more information.

As for Ford I think it was similar but he was actually part wraith, not just addicted to the enzyme so the physiology of it was different.

I haven't read this thread since my last posting in it but had to post because I'm getting high speed DSL this week, so maybe I'll be able to catch up!   I'm so excited - the last episode I saw was #3, so I have quite a bit of catching up to do.

Reply 162#162 gabsimom's post

OK, it took me long enough, but I finally finished season 5.  The finale felt a bit anti-climactic for me.  The episode Vegas (which I dubbed CSI: Atlantis even before seeing that was the working title) was alright and set up the finale, but I wasn't overly keen on it.  

I like Ronon w/control room girl...glad he finally found a match, and as odd a couple as they seem, Keller & Rodney are good.

Loved seeing Amanda Tapping (majorly preggers, though they hid fairly well).  

I haven't checked the other threads yet, but is there news on when the movie will be?  As Tina said, we were left with a lot of questions, and I'm already jonesing for my next SG fix.

35 12
Thread