Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 120#120 gaiusx's post

Well you haven't posted a reply in the quiz say you have entered

second i watch over 50 show it's impossible to remember everything

OMG OMG

rose can't lose the doctor now!!!  I so didn't see that kind of twist at the end of this season.  especially cause i've been counting the days till rose got back.  now to lose david as the doctor.  and what of the torchwood team and sarah jane?!?!?  even though i don't want sarah jane to be gone - the torchwood team members can't die cause what will happen to their show?? they already lost 2 cast members at the end of their season to lose 2 more - only jack would be left, not much of a cast to go forward into season 3.

big question - who is the next face of the doctor????

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Did anybody else notice - I only caught it the second time around - I wonder - Why did Donna hear drums?

Reply 123#123 imagnu's post

Drums? Now I have to watch it again too. I was so stressed out after that episode. I felt like I was running from Daleks. I am going to be so mad if David leaves  Stupid Rose always getting the Doctor to regenerate. What is it some kind of parlor trick for her.

I just can't get the drums out of my head (no pun intended) - they didn't sound like the master's drums exactly - maybe just a heart beat - but maybe not... what do you think?

Reply 125#125 imagnu's post

I'm very intrigued with the albino oracle (best description i could think off) saying she is somthing new. Maybe that is connected to what you're saying.

I'm pretty certain that we won't lose david yet. simply becasue they would never have been able to keep it secret. Those of you outside of the UK might not know how huge this show is (consistently the highest rated show of the week excluding Coronation ST and Eastenders) there is no way they could ofpulled this off. I mean him regenerating in the Tardis at the end of a series is one thing but whoever would take over now if he has would have to film a whole episode and there is no way that would of got past the spoiler brigade and/or the press.

Knowing that I'm Intriqued by the ending as unless they have him regen proper by the end of the episode anything else will seem like a cop out.

Reply 126#126 gaiusx's post

i'm not sure they keep the x-mas special under wraps this year extremely well!! But in saying that I don't want David to go just yet so fingers crossed he'll be around for multiple future episodes if not the next full season.  

I don't remember the drums but I did here the huge bug on the back noise when the albino oracle said she had something on her back.  I wonder if it has anything to do with how she is something new? is that thing still on her back

The drums were in the same scene - Donna was sitting on the steps daydreaming - or listening - cue drums (or heartbeat) they get louder then the albino woman comes over and starts talking to her - drums go away.  I did hear the question about something on her back but did not hear the bug sound.  Also Donna has a big ring on her finger - doesn't look like the Masters ring - but we see it clearly in the scene with the drums.

I have been through all the doctors old and new - I grew up watching them (oops I guess I'm giving my age away) and although I liked some more than others - I like the change - I think it is a mistake to stick with one for too long - it makes the transition harder for people (it was hard for me when Tom Baker left).  I don't know whether he is going to change right now for good - but I don't mind the change.

I love what they have done with the show now and am a Dr Who fan for life - no matter who plays Who.

Reply 128#128 imagnu's post

Don't worry you haven't dated yourself to much I grew up with the Doctor!! and i agree change is good especially when it comes to the doctor it's just hard to get used to - but i guess that why they do it - always keeping it fresh and us fans on our toes sneeky sneeky

The Stolen Earth

I was impressed with this episode as it being the first time watching Doctor Who. You guys have your own little corner of the universe over here...literally ... But anyways, that was one heck of a cliffhanger. Torchwood members (excluding Jack) were close to being "exterminated" while the Doctor was regenerating. I read in an article that the actor (I believe his first name is...David?) will be returning for the Christmas specials but there was no word on signing on for another season. I'll get the article...guardian.co.uk article. Well, anyways, was Rose a former love interest? I know she was his partner... Eventually, during the hiatus between the seasons, I'll get to watching the former seasons. We'll see what happens...I can't wait! BTW, now I'm interested in Torchwood...there's a pretty strong fan base on the boards I think... And if anyone finds a clip containing the Daleks screaming "Exterminate" PM me with the link...I want to put it in my signature sometime ...

Reply 130#130 redsoxpatriot30's post

Glad we got another fan on here

pictures

Reply 132#132 bala's post

anyword why those daleks don't have the plunger but that other weird thing? it has been intrquing me all week.

Reply 133#133 gaiusx's post

way to boost his higher brain function

Reply 128#128 imagnu's post

I agree about it's good to change. I mean looking back despite jumping onto Doctor Who when it started to go downhill Peter Davison was one of the best doctors he just kind of got forgotton. Tom Baker stayed far to long and then when he went it was awful. I don't mean getting used to somebody else i mean how awful was his regen? He just fell from a height! Christopher Eccleston snogged Billie Piper to absorb the Time Vortex that's how to go!.
If DT does series five he should make that his last. Not that he hasn't been great but it's better for the show.

[ Last edited by gaiusx at 7-4-2008 00:01 ]

new TV trail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUOa_XxfopM

and preview clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXBmZuNVo-k

[ Last edited by gaiusx at 7-4-2008 17:33 ]

What an fantastic episode so i can't wait to see who the new companion is

wait until episode has been updated before posting season-finale quiz

Reply 137#137 bala's post

I did like it. But I felt that although it Highlighted everything good about  RTD's time as DW head writer, it also highlighted what hasn't been. For Instance great moving scenes, like the one between the DR and Wilfred. But on the other hand it also showcased again cop out endings, logic jumps and inability to capitialise on the tension (that is so expertly built) in the episode by having all the conflict resolved in the space of 5 minutes.

My last point is the reason that two years in a row now the first & second parts of the three part finale have been better than the last.

I learnt to like last years finale afteri saw it a second time so maybe i will with this. If that proves the case then I will write a second review. but at the moment I'm alittle dissapointed even though I felt it was a very good episode.I just feel it should/could of been Great.

I am really gonna miss Donna. I loved the whole doctor Donna thing and was a little sad at the end. The Rose Doctor thing totally blew. How is coming back then. I am a little disapointed to find out who is the new Torchwood.
Always knew about Martha.

Rating winner

The hotly-anticipated climax to the fourth series of Doctor Who brought in huge ratings on Saturday night, according to early figures.

The 65 minute special, in which the Doctor did not regenerate, leaving David Tennant in the titular role, was watched by an average of 9.4m (45.9%) from 6.40pm.

The show's popularity has continued to grow since it was revived by BBC One in 2005. Last year's finale drew 8m, when John Simm made a guest appearance as The Master, and in 2006 the final instalment attracted 7.7m (43%). Last Christmas the show enjoyed its best ratings since 1979, drawing a peak of almost 14m for its festive special, which guest starred Kylie Minogue.

This year's finale, 'Journey's End', is the last series close to be made by Russell T. Davies, who has overseen the show's comeback. The audience peaked in the final 15 minutes with a massive 9.8m (47%).

Thread