27 12
Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The other popular rumours.

Is the hand will somehow stop him from changing and he will split into two Tennant's which is sure to please the fan girls if it proves true!

He will just have his change delayed due to the hand but will be temporartilly healed and after the finale finishes he will say his goodbyes and regen

personally I prefer the second as it doesn't go against 40+ years of Mythlogy.

Reply 119#119 bala's post

woah i think you need togive your quiz setting duties over to me Bala. the dr has had it since last years finale when Jack foundhim. it's now in the TARDIS remember it sending him to Jenny.

Reply 125#125 imagnu's post

I'm very intrigued with the albino oracle (best description i could think off) saying she is somthing new. Maybe that is connected to what you're saying.

I'm pretty certain that we won't lose david yet. simply becasue they would never have been able to keep it secret. Those of you outside of the UK might not know how huge this show is (consistently the highest rated show of the week excluding Coronation ST and Eastenders) there is no way they could ofpulled this off. I mean him regenerating in the Tardis at the end of a series is one thing but whoever would take over now if he has would have to film a whole episode and there is no way that would of got past the spoiler brigade and/or the press.

Knowing that I'm Intriqued by the ending as unless they have him regen proper by the end of the episode anything else will seem like a cop out.

Reply 132#132 bala's post

anyword why those daleks don't have the plunger but that other weird thing? it has been intrquing me all week.

Reply 128#128 imagnu's post

I agree about it's good to change. I mean looking back despite jumping onto Doctor Who when it started to go downhill Peter Davison was one of the best doctors he just kind of got forgotton. Tom Baker stayed far to long and then when he went it was awful. I don't mean getting used to somebody else i mean how awful was his regen? He just fell from a height! Christopher Eccleston snogged Billie Piper to absorb the Time Vortex that's how to go!.
If DT does series five he should make that his last. Not that he hasn't been great but it's better for the show.

[ Last edited by gaiusx at 7-4-2008 00:01 ]

new TV trail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUOa_XxfopM

and preview clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXBmZuNVo-k

[ Last edited by gaiusx at 7-4-2008 17:33 ]

Reply 137#137 bala's post

I did like it. But I felt that although it Highlighted everything good about  RTD's time as DW head writer, it also highlighted what hasn't been. For Instance great moving scenes, like the one between the DR and Wilfred. But on the other hand it also showcased again cop out endings, logic jumps and inability to capitialise on the tension (that is so expertly built) in the episode by having all the conflict resolved in the space of 5 minutes.

My last point is the reason that two years in a row now the first & second parts of the three part finale have been better than the last.

I learnt to like last years finale afteri saw it a second time so maybe i will with this. If that proves the case then I will write a second review. but at the moment I'm alittle dissapointed even though I felt it was a very good episode.I just feel it should/could of been Great.

27 12
Thread