Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

i am so happy The Doctor is back!!!
and i totally agree with you bala regarding the fat babys.  i want one for a pet.  but i have to disagree with you regarding the hand signal bit - i laughed really hard at that.  As for Catherine tate - not a huge fan, she has a long way to go before i accept her as one of the doctors companions . and the way i can tell is that the 20 seconds that Rose was there stole the whole show from her.  
all and all a great start to the new season!!

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 5#5 gaiusx's post

it will be a different dynamic but i don't think any of the companions should not be in awe of the doctor.  hopefully she won't fall in love with him. but in awe just imagine what you'd come across traveling with him - very different that taking a trip to Egypt  (and i've been there and was in awe of it but off world or in a different time is something all together!!)

Reply 8#8 bala's post

sounds good.  i'm just so excitted doctor who's back i hate having to wait the week inbetween the episodes!!

episode 2 - i enjoyed this episode even though it was very sad.  i'm happy that donna could be a little voice of reason and helped that one family.  it was really kind of the doctor to say what he did to donna at the end and it really is true - he does need someone with him.

next week the ood (not spelt correct i know) are back - they were freaky the 1st time around should be fun to see them again.

i'm starting to enjoy donna - i think it's the snappy come backs she has.  also the aah cause she looked for the doctor to go on this adventurre and now she's finding out it's not all roses,  the last 2 companions happened by chance.

2 questions i have from this episode
1. what's with the Bee's disapearing!! their setting something up
2. what was with the ood prophecy that the doctors song is going to end soon?  is that a hint that their gonna change doctors again?

great esipode, scary 18 year genius boy!!  can't believe it's to be continued

i don't think the grandad is dead, everyone was choking on the gas so i think there's more to it that just gassing the people of earth.  

it's funny to see that the sonic screwdriver wasn't helping much this episode i'm so used to it being able to fix everything.

no   that's so sad

Reply 31#31 bala's post

yeppy   you just made my day.  i like the old guy. especially cause he was in a previous episode.

laughed   so hard at the "are you my mommy" comment!! i love when they do the insider joke stuff.  

i really enjoyed the 2nd part of the 2 parter - and yeah grandpa didn't die.

and next weeks episode looks amazing!!  the doctor has a daughter???

bloody brilliant!!!
Amazing episode, and all that running    
We got to see martha in top form, the doctors daughter (all the best to her!) and donna's starting to grow on me.  
I feel for the Doctor!! it's so sad that he out lives everyone   but now once again he is not the only time lord - he just has to bump into Jenny again on some far away world.  that will make a funny episode.

Reply 44#44 bala's post

better not.  she left the planet with so much hope for the future.  i hope that she goes around like him and they one day run in to each other and have some adventures.

Reply 48#48 RyanB1's post

nope new daughter.

Well i had my sunday morning (happened to be afternoon by the time i watched it - bit hung over today) Doctor Who fill but as other's above have said with only watching the preview it wasn't that exciting.  but it did have it's moments of fun.  Loved the way donna "SHOCKED" the doctor.  the whole charades portion was silly but it made me laugh.  it was an interesting premise but it just lacked a little something-something.

regarding the last episode - inquiring minds want to know (ie. mine)
a) what is the doctors name that she whispered?
b) what did he mean by what he said about he would only be able to tell her that name when? when what?????!!!!

next week looks good.

excellent episode!! was on the edge of my seat & loved it.  can't wait until next weeks episode.  loved that rose is back!! and the whole torchwood crew will be on next week.

OMG OMG

rose can't lose the doctor now!!!  I so didn't see that kind of twist at the end of this season.  especially cause i've been counting the days till rose got back.  now to lose david as the doctor.  and what of the torchwood team and sarah jane?!?!?  even though i don't want sarah jane to be gone - the torchwood team members can't die cause what will happen to their show?? they already lost 2 cast members at the end of their season to lose 2 more - only jack would be left, not much of a cast to go forward into season 3.

big question - who is the next face of the doctor????

Reply 126#126 gaiusx's post

i'm not sure they keep the x-mas special under wraps this year extremely well!! But in saying that I don't want David to go just yet so fingers crossed he'll be around for multiple future episodes if not the next full season.  

I don't remember the drums but I did here the huge bug on the back noise when the albino oracle said she had something on her back.  I wonder if it has anything to do with how she is something new? is that thing still on her back

Reply 128#128 imagnu's post

Don't worry you haven't dated yourself to much I grew up with the Doctor!! and i agree change is good especially when it comes to the doctor it's just hard to get used to - but i guess that why they do it - always keeping it fresh and us fans on our toes sneeky sneeky

Thread