36 12
Thread
Printable Version

Mad Men Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 3#3 Milks26's post

This isn't the type of show i normally watched but i just love how character inter-act with each other-it's  nice to see  women in a tv show more traditional role .

Reply 4#4 bala's post

It would've been nice if the kid belonged to the other guy she slept with.

I hope her fling is revealed to Don....and it doesn't remain a secret between the audience & Betty

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 8-18-2009 23:29 ]

Don finding out his work collogue being gay was a surprise i liked how he used it as part of advertising campaign . did anyone understand start of this episode with that women in his dreams ?

Reply 6#6 bala's post

He was just having a re-call of the mid-wife bringing his brother Dick home. (so Dick was not his brother by blood)

But, the main point of the dream was that his step-mom had a miscarriage. It might be a fear that he has now that Betty is pregnant.

Overall, the premiere was boring. Poor Sal, he's first fling and he gets caught. Where was Duck throughout this episode?

Reply 7#7 Milks26's post

Ok i didn't get that

Reply 8#8 bala's post

That's Mad Men for you....Subliminal Messages

Reply 9#9 Milks26's post

Yes i can't believe they would do that at begaining to an episode    i bet it confused few people who were watching it

Mad Men Season 5 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 5 Premieres March 25, 2012

Discuss Anything About Season 5 Here

Where is Season 5?

I am wondering if anyone else is finding that only seasons 1 to 4 are listed?  I've talked to other members and they have season 5 on their program.

Reply 2#2 lesdrivon's post

Mad Men Season 6 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 6 Premiered April 07, 2013

Discuss Anything About Season 6 Here

Mad Men Season 7 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 7 Premiered April 13, 2014

Discuss Anything About Season 7 Here

I've started watching and it's CRAZY the amount of smoking and drinking.  Throughout the day. These are some seriously high functioning alcoholics!  Lol.

I'm enjoying the story plot!
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 8#8 arksongbird80's post

I started watching the show a few years back because I was curious as to why it was winning so many awards.....in the end I still have can't figure it out. I think I made it to season 3 but then I got bored...the show can have the effect on someone.

Like you said there's a lot of drinking and smoking, plus sexual harassment going on, but it depicts social 60s well. Oddly enough such behaviors would crush someone's career today.

I've finished season 1.  I'm not sure where Betty is headed now, knowing the husband was calling the doctor.  I'm sure she's setting someone up but I'm not really sure if it's either, or both.  Sorry about her modeling.

At least Peggy's career is moving forward and now we know why she got so Fat!  LOL  

Peter is a total blech!

I'm finding that Betty is beyond selfish and self absorbed.  I can't even figure out if she likes her kids or not.  She's not very nice to them.  Never says please or thank you.   

I like don a bit more now that he's not shagging everything in a skirt.  

Peggy's hair is so much better and I like her ambition!

36 12
Thread