21 12
Thread
Printable Version

Aliens in America Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Aliens in America Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well i like this show Raja is such naive boy and i love how he's very innocent but reaction Raja has on a typical American family is interesting and way they introduce new stuff into raja is very interesting. i really like how raja is so black/white with Ethics whereas family seem to have more flexible method of dealing with matters lying,cheating and hiding secrets from each other.

Do you think Raja will change as series continue ,will he always be good natured teenage boy or will he pick up some bad habits from the family ?

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-12-2015 19:36 ]

Funny I did not find Raja naive just not as familiar with customs. He seems to catch on quickly and fixes things. I don't think he will be corrupted you have to remember he lost his parents and he wouldn't want to disappoint them.
Do you think the family depicted is a typical American Family? What about Raja, is he a typical pakastani muslim boy?

Reply 2#2 gabsimom's post

Well this is hard to say there times i think raja is exaggerated a bit but i think he traditionalist which is nice.

It is a comedy so I think all characters are a bit over the top but it is interesting to see how he perceives Western customs and also dares to question them, like in the episode where he compares the Sunday shopping ritual to church, he was spot on there.

it's back tonight i can't wait to see it

Aliens in America 1x15

This was a great episode wasn't it i mean that girl was a right nut case but this episode really has another issue with sex offender guy which i don't feel sorry for i mean he caused his own misfortution i mean all he had to do wait a year she old enough to instead he's classed as sex offender and he has to live with it. i did find funny at end when we found out he was racist toward Muslims that pot call kettle black

Reply 6#6 bala's post

I don't think a sex offender is anywhere close to being Muslim so calling the kettle Black would be the wrong turn of phrase here. I think this episode was misinformative as Raja would have been allowed to marry a girl of the Jewish faith but  as a Muslim he is not allowed to date and if he had told her his faith prohibits dating that might have been enough. Also I don't think they needed to generalize Muslim women by having her in niqab as this is something most Muslim women do not do.

Reply 7#7 gabsimom's post

You right i got a bit carried away all i meant who is he to judge-all i meant but i agree Muslim women by having her in niqab-not all do most of them wear normal clothes as like rest of us.

Wow, that guy definitely has the nerve. I felt bad for him throughout the episode. It wasn't like he was really a rapist, I mean, after all it was his girlfriend he went to see. And they're happily married for like 15 years. But my thoughts about him totally changed at the end when he made that remark. You can't help who you are and what you believe in, but that guy could've chosen another path and waited and he most probably would've led a whole different life. That was so hypocritical of him to say that.

But overall, I liked this episode. The guys definitely got the Mental Mindy nickname right.

Reply 9#9 funny-girl101's post

i completely agree

Aliens in America 1x16

Another great episode which bring us interesting discussion i personally found this episode amusing because i remember what it's like to bee teenager in high school you girl really didn't help us with that you just made it worse epically during summertime.

i found Justin picture rather amusing and i love how raja became obsessed with it as well , you would think father would know how talk to his son , finally glad he did near the end

Guys'll be guys, I guess.

What I loved about this episode was how the mothers all got so obsessed with banning those books that they'd ban everything -- dictionaries, the Bible, PRIDE AND PREJUDICE!!  

So sad it got cancelled.

Aliens in America 1x17

Claire and the mother situation was rather amusing situation with potato masher

i going miss this show-was this last episode is there one next week?

Reply 13#13 bala's post

There is one more episode airing on the 18th. And I guess that'll be the last episode.

Reply 14#14 funny-girl101's post

Well it was great show I'm going to miss it but at least it managed to have more 5 episode better than certain shows

Aliens in America 1x18

good episode nice way to end the series

poor raja   but that's the problem with western girls

Reply 16#16 bala's post

I agree I loved this episode. I love how Raja developed a relationship with her parents to show what a good son-in-law he would be if he decided to propose. Western men could learn something about that.   I wonder what she is going to tell her parents when Raja stops calling on her.

Reply 17#17 gabsimom's post

simple she probably say he met someone else

Best part of this episode was when Justin's parents made fun of him for not having a girlfriend.

Reply 19#19 gabsimom's post

Yeah, that was pretty funny. Oh and Claire's conversation with her "boyfriend" --

I'm gonna miss this show.

21 12
Thread