Thread
Printable Version

Aliens in America Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Funny I did not find Raja naive just not as familiar with customs. He seems to catch on quickly and fixes things. I don't think he will be corrupted you have to remember he lost his parents and he wouldn't want to disappoint them.
Do you think the family depicted is a typical American Family? What about Raja, is he a typical pakastani muslim boy?

Reply 6#6 bala's post

I don't think a sex offender is anywhere close to being Muslim so calling the kettle Black would be the wrong turn of phrase here. I think this episode was misinformative as Raja would have been allowed to marry a girl of the Jewish faith but  as a Muslim he is not allowed to date and if he had told her his faith prohibits dating that might have been enough. Also I don't think they needed to generalize Muslim women by having her in niqab as this is something most Muslim women do not do.

Reply 16#16 bala's post

I agree I loved this episode. I love how Raja developed a relationship with her parents to show what a good son-in-law he would be if he decided to propose. Western men could learn something about that.   I wonder what she is going to tell her parents when Raja stops calling on her.

Best part of this episode was when Justin's parents made fun of him for not having a girlfriend.

Thread